Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 September Gurlfren Gathering
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic September Gurlfren Gathering Next Topic  

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2006 :  11:25:16 AM  Show Profile
i'm sending this along to all of ya'll gurlfrenz .. so that if you wish to join us for either saturday or sunday .. but can't spend the night (cabins are pretty much full already) .. we'd love to have you come spend either saturday and/or sunday with us ... come to breakfast at Cabin Creek .. or join us for shopping/lunch/class/cook-out on saturday .. or sunday brunch, sightseeing and antiquing on sunday. but DOOOOOOOOOOOOO let me know.

NOW .. for all you gurlfenz who are toooo far away to come to this gathering for the day ... think upon all the grande fun we will be having .. and plan to come to the NEXT gathering!!!!

Gurlfrenz Gathering - "HAPPENINGS"

MEET AT CABIN CREEK FARM ON SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 3 AT 9:00 A.M. (EASTERN TIME) ... BUT BE AWARE THAT WE LIVE IN CENTRAL TIME WHICH IS AN HOUR EARLIER .. YOU COME EARLIER than 9 a.m. eastern or 8 a.m. central .. .. AND YOU JUST MIGHT CATCH HANK NEKKED OUT ON THE SHOWER DECK .. HA! YOUR CHOICE OF WHETHER OR NOT TO ARRIVE EARLY!

WE'LL HAVE A 'CONTINENTAL COUNTRY BREAKFAS' ... THEN .. WE'LL HANG OUT AT CABIN CREEK FARM FOR A LITTLE BIT .. CAN TAKE A WALK IN THE WOODS IF WE WANT.

THEN HEAD FOR THE TOWN OF GREENSBURG FOR SOME FUN SHOPPIN'. WE'LL HIT GLOVERS' STATION ANTIQUES SHOPPE (MY OWN SPECIAL HANG-OUT PLACE FILLED WITH LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS OF WUNNERFULS) ... AND THE ADORABLE PLAID PEACOCK .. OVERFLOWING WITH THE MOST SPECIAL GIFTS EVER EVER!

THEN LUNCH AT DEEELICIOUS LUCY TUCKER'S TEA ROOM.
AHHHHHH YESSSSSSS!!!! THE VERY SWEET RESTAURANT THAT
I HAVE BEEN ASKING YOU ALL TO 'VOTE FOR'!!!
YOU'LL WANT TO GO HOME AND HAVE ALL YOUR FRIENDS VOTE FOR IT
AFTER HAVING LUNCH THERE!!!!

I'LL ARRANGE FOR A TOUR OF OUR OLDE COURT HOUSE (OLDEST WEST OF THE ALLEGHENY MOUNTAINS)!

THEN WE'LL AMBLE DOWN THE ROAD TO COBBLESTONE FARMS ..
WHERE YOU WILL MEET AN 'ANGEL' .. AND SEE MORE WONDERFULS
TO TAKE HOME FOR YOU AND AS GIFTS FOR YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY!

PASSING BACK THROUGH TOWN .. WE'LL STOP AT THE CABINS
TO GET SOME 'COALS' GOING IN THE BAR-B-CUE GRILLS

THEN UP THE ROAD TO BEEHIND THYME.

ADORABLE, ADORABLE AND OH SO CUTE ... PAMELA ANTHONY OF
BEEHIND THYME FARM IS PLANNING A FUN 'PRIMITIVE CRAFT CLASS' FOR US

AND .. YOU WILL HAVE YET ANOTHER 'SHOPPING OPPORTUNITY'
CUZ' PAMELA'S TWO GARDEN COTTAGES OVERFLOW WITH
AWESOME ORIGINAL HAND-DIDS!!!

PAMELA, TOO, WILL SPEND SATURDAY NIGHTA THE CABINS WITH US!!!

WE'LL TRAVEL DOWN THE ROAD A COUPLA' MILES AND DIP OUR TOES IN BEAUTIFUL GREEN RIVER LAKE!

WE'LL PLAY SOME FUN GAMES AND HAVE PRIZES ON 'SHOPPING' DAY (SATURDAY)

AFTER CLASS .. WE WILL AMBLE BACK TO GREENSBURG FOR A
'COOK-OUT' DINNER AT THE CABINS BY THE LAKE.

A LATE NIGHT EVENING OF VISITING, GOSSIPING AND EATING OF CHOCOLATE
AND MAYBE SOME 'CRAFTING'. BRING ALONG WHATEVER YOU ARE 'WORKING ON' CUZ' IT IS SUCH FUN TO SIT AND HAVE OUR CREATIVE HANDS MOVING ALL THE TIME! AND FEEL FREE TO BRING SOME 'SNACKS' TO SHARE TOO!!!!

IF YOU ARE AN ARTIST/CRAFTER AND HAVE SOME OF YOUR TREASURES TO SHOW/TELL/SELL ... FEEL FREE TO BRING THEM ALONG .. WE'LL HAVE
A LITTLE MINI SHOW AT THE CABINS ON SATURDAY NIGHT.

SUNDAY MORNING ... (WHEN WE ALL WAKE AND GET PACKED UP) ... WE'LL HEAD FOR THE GREEN COUNTY COUNTRY CLUB FOR BREAKFAST.
(NOTHING PRETENTIOUS ABOUT THIS CLUB .. WEAR YOUR BLUE-JEANS!)

AFTER A LEISURELY BREAKFAST ... WE'LL AMBLE UP THE ROAD TO HODGENVILLE AND VISIT THE BIRTH CABIN OF ABRAHAM LINCOLN ...
THEN ... TO VISIT 'LITTLE MAC'S ANTIQUES SHOPPE ... LITTLE MAC IS OUR VERY OWN MARY LOIS .. AND SHE HAS A FABULOUS COLLECTION OF EARLY AMERICAN PRIMITIVE ANTIQUES!!!! AND MARY LOIS WILL BE SPENDING SATURDAY NIGHT WITH US AT THE CABINS!

THEN .. WE CAN GO INTO THE SMALL TOWN OF HODGENVILLE .. THERE IS A SMALL ABRAHAM LINCOLN MUSEUM THERE AND ANOTHER CUTE SHOPPE WE CAN STOP AT.

THEN .. WE'LL TRAVEL THE BACK-ROADS TO KATHY ANTHONY'S ..
SUGARBUCKET'S ANTIQUE LOG CABIN ANTIQUES SHOPPE.
ALSO .. OVERFLOWING WITH MOS' MAGNIFICENT PRIMITIVES!!!!

KATHY .. WILL ALSO BE SPENDING SATURDAY NIGHT WITH US AT THE CABINS!
KEEP IN MIND .. WHEN VISITING KATHY AND MEETING HER .. THAT SHE AND HER HUSBAND AND SONS .. DESIGNED AND BUILT ALL THE PORCHES AT CABIN CREEK FARM ..AND SHE AND HER FAMILY PUT TOGETHER, LOG BY LOG, CHINK BY CHINK HER VERY OWN INCREDIBLE LOG CABIN!!!!!

WE'LL HANG OUT AT KATHY'S PLACE FOR A LITTLE WHILE ORDER PIZZA FOR PORCH PICNIC PIZZA LUNCH.

BEFORE WE ALL GIVE HUGS AND KISSES FAREWELL
AND HEAD TOWARDS OUR HOME SWEET HOMES.

(BRING A U-HAUL GURLFRENZ TO TAKE HOME ALL YOU SEE AND WILL WANT TO CALL YOUR VERY OWN DURING THIS WHIRLWIND WEEKEND!)

OR .. JUST BRING YOUR SWEET SELF .. NO NEED TO SPEND TONS OF PENNIES .. UNLESS YOU WANT TO .. MOST OF ALL .. WE WANT TO GATHER AND SHARE OUR FRIENDSHIP!

OHHHH .. THIS IS GOING TO BE GRANDE FUN!!!!

HUGS, FRANNIE

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2006 :  3:59:16 PM  Show Profile
This sound SOOOOOO fun! Wish I lived near you!

Jewelry, art, baskets, etc.

www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2006 :  5:30:58 PM  Show Profile
miz julie .. hop on a plane and head for louisville sometime with a friend or few! i'll be there to meet you! xo, frannie

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

Lynn B
True Blue Farmgirl

113 Posts

Lynn
Derry NH
USA
113 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2006 :  07:04:08 AM  Show Profile
Oh my gosh, that sounds fantastic! I, too, wish I lived closer! What a great weekend you have planned!

Lynn
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2006 :  08:11:33 AM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
this sounds like fun wish i lived closer too.
please take some pics you can share with us.
know yall will have a great time!
love,
fran
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2006 :  08:34:49 AM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
If you take pics make sure naked hank isn't in the shower at the time this is a lovely G raked site. ;o)

Refresh my memory how many hours are in 1 day as that sure seems like alot of fun stuff to do in such a short time.

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe
my web store www.sunshines.etsy.com my blog http://sunshinescreations.blogspot.com/ my google page http://sunshine.harbaugh.googlepages.com/home

Edited by - sunshine on Aug 18 2006 08:38:18 AM
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2006 :  12:15:34 PM  Show Profile
I cannot wait until September 1st!!!! I have my "costume" all planned out for the Saturday shopping frenzy! This is going to be FUN!!

Karin
Go to Top of Page

Bridge
True Blue Farmgirl

814 Posts

Bridgette
Southern Indiana
USA
814 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2006 :  1:36:49 PM  Show Profile
I got some fabric for my "costume" today.......now to just plan out the design!!!

I can't wait!!!

~~Bridge's Boutique~~
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2006 :  7:50:49 PM  Show Profile
oh sunshine .. if you think THAT was a lot to do in ONE day .. jus' wait' t'il i write of my weekend adventure .. my friend and i covered a LOT of territory and had such fun! xoxo, frannie

p.s. to bed with me now to catch up on a little sleep!

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2006 :  7:52:00 PM  Show Profile
oh you go gurlfren, bridge .. make it OUTLANDISH .. ya' wanna' win the prize!!! xo

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2006 :  04:40:17 AM  Show Profile
Hey Frannie, I might be in your area that weekend, it seems we might have to take our daughter back to college on the 1st., so maybe if it's not out of our way too bad, we can swing by on the way home, we'll be going through most of Kentucky to get to Pa. Can you email me the directions to your place? I would be thrilled if we can stop in and say Hi and see your magical place!

www.sageflowerfarm.blogspot.com

www.herbalfarmstead.blogspot.com

www.countrypleasures.motime.com
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2006 :  09:01:03 AM  Show Profile
oh sweet sue .. that would be so grande! what direction will you be coming from? e-mail me .. and i'll let you know .. you can also 'google' my address for good directions. remember, we'll only be at cabin creek farm on saturday morning, from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. .. after that .. we are roaming around town .. and staying at the cabins down by the lake in greensburg .. can you get here saturday morning? this will be soooooo grande! xoxo

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

CountryGirl85
True Blue Farmgirl

225 Posts

Laura
Oswego IL
USA
225 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2006 :  7:02:07 PM  Show Profile  Send CountryGirl85 an AOL message  Send CountryGirl85 a Yahoo! Message
I'm so excited to be going! My mom and I both! I've never been to Kentucky before and can't wait! I'm planning my "outfit" too! Probably going to get fabric tomorrow! It's going to be so much fun! Thank you so much, Frannie, for inviting us to your stompin' grounds!

Much love,
Laura

"In spite of everything, I still believe that people are really good at heart." Anne Frank
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2006 :  07:11:23 AM  Show Profile
DEAR GURLFRENZ .. WANTED TO LET YOU ALL KNOW THE LATEST ABOUT MY DEAR DAD:

(i'll also put this under another heading .. don't want to miss any of you girls that might happen by)

i got a phone call from my sister this morning telling me that my dad 'aspirated' while
eating breakfast .. he turned blue .. had to be rushed to the hospital.

he is somewhat 'stabilized' at this point .. but will be kept in the hospital to see if this turns into pneumonia or anything worse.

she also said that he is so thin now that the 'mass' that is growing in him can be seen without even feeling for it.

as most of you know, my dad has been with HOSPICE for about a year now .. when they thought he only had days to weeks, at the most, to survive. he celebrated his 92nd birthday this june.

SEPTEMBER GURLFRENZ GATHERING
the reason i write this to you, of course, is to let you know that IF my dad passes away within the next week .. i will, of course, head home and will not be here for our gathering. i pray this does not happen .. most of all of course, for my dad (although, my dear sister, who sees him almost daily at the nursing home and has been with him throughout his last year of life .. says, that it would be a 'blessing' if he went off to heaven). He is not in PAIN we don't believe .. albeit, he has been on pain pills for this past year .. and my dad has NEVER been one to complain about pain or ... anything! He truly is an angel. She said that in the last few weeks, he has not really been able to communicate and has been mumbling things that only make sense to him and God. Please pray for his peace and that god's will be done .. and pray for strength for my sweet sister .. who is his guardian angel.

IF i have to go home to be with my family, we WILL re-schedule our gathering. (City Hall is hanging onto your checks for the cabins .. sooo .. none have been cashed as yet. IF i have to go home, i will retrieve them and return them to each of you).

i will keep the 'september gurlz' up to date with information as it comes to me.

p.s. for all the girls that were thinking of just 'dropping' by on saturday, september 2 .. please be in touch with me, so i can be sure to keep you informed too.

p.s.p.s. for all my very dear and true friends who have sent my dad cards and letters over the last year and who have remembered him in your prayers, i thank you from the bottom of my heart.

NOW .. knowing my dad's "constitution" .. he may well be here to celebrate that 93rd birthday next june .. but it is highly improbable though. i will let you all know of his continued journey.

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic September Gurlfren Gathering Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page