Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Holiday cooking with Violet--vintage red stool!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Holiday cooking with Violet--vintage red stool! Next Topic  

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2011 :  07:27:23 AM  Show Profile
The past weeks have been tumultuous with all the pet deaths, pet sickness, car trouble, washer trouble, etc...and I'd forgotten that there are actually GOOD things that happened during these weeks, too. Violet loves to "make" (what she calls cooking) and so, I put her up on the very same candy apple red stool that stood in my Grandmother's kitchen. She used to let me sit there to help and watch her "make", too :) Violet and I made brownies, then she went and got all her little spices and plastic plates and even plastic pie, to continue baking!

"Hey, I've got nothing to do today but smile..."
The Only Living Boy in New York, Paul Simon

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2011 :  07:50:17 AM  Show Profile
How precious...my daughters are much older than sweet Violet- I miss those days!
She is beautiful!!

Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2011 :  07:56:32 AM  Show Profile
Thanks, Lori--they do go by so quickly, don't they? I feel like she grows before my eyes.
She is such a dear, sweet, little girl, too, so I cherish every single second.

Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2011 :  08:10:46 AM  Show Profile
She is growing too fast, Jonni. She's adorable. ANd I bet she is such a good helper in the kitchen. Teach them young. I love the stool. What wonderful memories.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Tea Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

645 Posts

Lorraine
Morris IL
USA
645 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2011 :  09:16:52 AM  Show Profile
Oh my - what a cutie... She's adorable. I love the red stool and the red checked apron too. Enjoy every minute - you're all correct about time whizzing by so quickly. I remember those days like it was yesterday... Thanks for sharing.

Lorraine
(aka Tea Lady)
Farmgirl #1819
www.birdsandteas.com
Go to Top of Page

jessabelluh
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

Jessica
South Dakota
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2011 :  09:38:10 AM  Show Profile
She's adorable! And I love the stool, too!

~jess
Go to Top of Page

traildancer
True Blue Farmgirl

485 Posts

Loyce
Glide OR
USA
485 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2011 :  10:03:57 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for posting the pictures. I remember some of your earlier posts back when I first joined and Violet was a baby! My, how they grow.

The trail is the thing.... Louis L'Amour
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2011 :  11:05:48 AM  Show Profile
Time sure does fly, girls. And yes, Kris, she's a really good helper--you'd love to hear her say, "mahmee, lut, I making!" She also uses the word "fix" for working with her little toolbox. "mahmee, lut, I fix!"

I just enjoy every single second of her--she's a great deal of joy.

I have some Christmas aprons that I keep meaning to dig out, that are matching mother and daughter aprons from the 50's that I got before she was even born. We're making gingersnaps this weekend, so we're gonna need those!!!!

Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2011 :  12:05:03 PM  Show Profile
Jonni-
My grandma had a very similar stool in her kitchen that we used all the time. I wish I still had it .Violet is adorable- enjoy the precious time with her in the kitchen. My kids are 13 and 11 yrs old and still LOVE being in the kitchen helping!
Merry Christmas!

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2011 :  12:30:16 PM  Show Profile
I love that old stool, Laurie--it's been all over this country with me, wherever I've moved. I don't know if you notice the vintage Chromex cannisters in the pictures with Violet (the "coffee" one is visible the most) but those belonge to my Grandmother, too. The only things I took when she passed. Those Chromex cannisters are the envy of my dear friends, Luke and his wife, Patty. I have the whole set, from cookie, flour, sugar, rice, coffee, tea and even grease!

Go to Top of Page

bertha
True Blue Farmgirl

234 Posts

Bertha
St Joseph Mi
USA
234 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2011 :  12:55:24 PM  Show Profile
She is adorable ....wow...
Go to Top of Page

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2011 :  1:04:27 PM  Show Profile
It's been a while since I've seen any pics of Violet...so cute, and such a big girl now! Nothing like intergenerational baking...it was always one of the best parts of holiday season when I was little.
Go to Top of Page

Emily Anna
True Blue Farmgirl

863 Posts

Emily
Fort Atkinson WI
USA
863 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2011 :  2:14:48 PM  Show Profile
Violet sure is a cutie! It's easy to forget the good things when bad things keep happening. Glad you were able to see the silver lining, and how could you not with such a sweet lil soul working beside you! :) Thanks for sharing this happy moment with us!

My gram also had a similar stool in her kitchen. She used to use it when cutting our hair. :)

Emily
Go to Top of Page

MEWolf
True Blue Farmgirl

358 Posts

Margaret
Byers Colorado
USA
358 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2011 :  2:56:38 PM  Show Profile
What a great memory and what a beautiful girl Violet is <3

Margaret

“Kind hearts are the gardens, kind thoughts are the roots, kind words are the flowers, kind deeds are the fruits. Take care of your garden and keep out the weeds, fill it with sunshine, kind words and kind deeds.” ~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow (1808-1882)
Farmgirl #3020
www.grey-wolf-farm.com
Go to Top of Page

heritagehunter
True Blue Farmgirl

207 Posts

Julie
La Salle Co
USA
207 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2011 :  4:26:00 PM  Show Profile
I could look at that sweet face all day!! And that apron! She's a farmgirl already.I would love to see a pic of the matching aprons.
Go to Top of Page

acairnsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

1319 Posts

audrey
cheyenne wy
1319 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2011 :  7:23:29 PM  Show Profile
Oh she is growing way too fast. I remember when she was just a dream for you two. I love that you are creating memories of Mommy/daughter cooking at Christmas. She'll cherish those when she's old like me!

Audrey

Good boy Hobbs! I love and miss you.
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2011 :  7:44:08 PM  Show Profile
Oh, your pictures just made me smile! Violet is such a cutie (memories of my own sweet daughter), and your grandma's treasures. I hope someday my gkids will treasure a few of my "things".

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2011 :  07:26:16 AM  Show Profile
I'm glad these pictures brought a smile to your faces, girls. That little red apron is so pretty--whoever made it years ago did such a lovely job. It's pintucked and has the prettiest snowflake embroidery across the front.

I get such a tickle out of her--last night, we watched Live From Lincoln Center's performance of the New York City Ballet's Nutcracker and she was in her "candy" footy pj's and her brand new snowboots (on the wrong feet), jumping around with the dancers on stage, yelling, "T'won, Mahmee, now it's time to do the dancing!" I love her "language" right now, it's like she's a Russian immigrant just coming to the US!

Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3319 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3319 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2011 :  10:00:51 AM  Show Profile
Jonni, I had a red stool just like that years ago! Violet is so beautiful and growing way to fast....

Mel
Go to Top of Page

paradiseplantation
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

julie
social springs community Louisiana
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2011 :  3:07:06 PM  Show Profile
Great stool! I would love to have one like that. What a wonderful thing to have to hand down from generation to generation!

from the hearts of paradise...
1Thess. 4:11
http://thefarmwife.com
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2011 :  3:45:39 PM  Show Profile
Jonni,

Like everyone else, I am so surprised how much Violet has grown since your last photo! She is sooo adorable! Precious pictures. Just wait, Audrey is now nine and this year is actually COOKING for real now with me! It goes so fast! Enjoy and big hugs to you both!

Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Chapter Leader, Connecticut Simpler Life Sisters

Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2011 :  08:57:42 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Ok, Jonni. I feel better now! Thanks!

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2011 :  07:16:18 AM  Show Profile
Oh Jonni!

What a cutie pie! It has been along time seeing pictures for me too! I wasn't expecting Violet to be so big! I love you sharing her pictures and verbal skills with us :) And you made my day by the visual of her ready to dance, too sweet!

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory

http://merryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

miss wilma
True Blue Farmgirl

3410 Posts

Wilma
Knob Lick Ky
USA
3410 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2011 :  8:56:24 PM  Show Profile
Jonnie I had been going to call you, can we get together after Christmas. Violet looks wonderful , cant wait to see her. Got a lot of things to talk about we will have C hristmas late in the cabin, okay

Farm Girl #96

http://www.picturetrail.com/misswilmasplace

http://misswilma.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2011 :  1:19:35 PM  Show Profile
Glad I could do a little, Janice--it's been toad's wild ride here, lately. I'm off this week on vacay and I'm trying to enjoy it--don't "not work" too well, though....
@Sharon--I'm so glad you liked the pictures and my "Violetics". She cracks us up with her verbal skills--she's VERY verbal! And yes, I think she might just like dancing. She's really rhythmic and she "appears" to take after the Lynch side, so if she's skinny naturally, and has some natural ability, I see no reason not to try her out in ballet. Otherwise, we'll be riding horses, thanks ;)

@Miss Wilma--You're on my mind so often, but I figured your probably running yourself ragged with your daddy and mommy. Yes, let's have Christmas late--I'm looking forward to it, you just say the word. Give our love and regards to Sterl, the family and of course, little August. Violet asks of him now and again!

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Holiday cooking with Violet--vintage red stool! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page