Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Knitting and Felting wool hats
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Knitting and Felting wool hats Next Topic  

Keeper of the Past
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Sarita
Battle Creek Michigan
USA
925 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2011 :  07:31:40 AM  Show Profile
I enjoy knitting with wool yarn and making hats and then felting them and the most fun, putting the finishing touches to make a warm and comfortable hat.
I have some pictures of my latest hats on my blog and also I have put up a site that sells the cloche hat pattern.
Do you have any resources that you will share?

www.coffmanspinningcfarm.blogspot.com

"It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are." EE Cummings

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2011 :  09:32:41 AM  Show Profile
Sarita, your sheep are beautiful. And all your pretty Christmas decorations. I love how you put the little figurines in the blue canning jars. Very nice. Your home looks so warm and inviting. Thanks for sharing.

Oh, and I just love your hats.

kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

StrawHouseRanch
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Paula
Holt Missouri
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2011 :  10:44:25 AM  Show Profile
Those hats are so pretty! Do you place them in a form when you felt them? I have tried felting before for handbags, but have not stuck with it. It really makes a nice fabric especially when you are using such quality wools like the ones from your sheep.

Paula

Farmgirl Sister #3090
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, and Today is a Gift.
Go to Top of Page

acairnsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

1319 Posts

audrey
cheyenne wy
1319 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2011 :  6:16:41 PM  Show Profile
Beautiful hats Sarita! I've wanted to learn how to knit hats and felt them for a couple of years now. Just haven't been able to cross them off my list. We have a friend in S. Colorado who knits and felts the style we always think of MJ in (rolled brim-breton I think it's called). Love them! Love you farm, I want to come and have you tell me what I need to do to raise my own yarn! LOL

Audrey

Good boy Hobbs! I love and miss you.
Go to Top of Page

MaryLD
True Blue Farmgirl

861 Posts

Mary
New Braunfels TX
USA
861 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2011 :  6:53:08 PM  Show Profile
I knitted a pillbox hat from the book Simple Chic, about 8 yrs ago. I still wear it, but I am going to make another one!
Mary LD

Haflingers- You can't have just one!
( I'm just one short of a drill team!)
Go to Top of Page

Keeper of the Past
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Sarita
Battle Creek Michigan
USA
925 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2011 :  11:31:21 AM  Show Profile
Girls, knitting these hats are so easy and fast. I can knit a hat in one night, felted it the next.
I use two strands of wool yarn and size 10 1/2 needles and I have several hat and purse patterns.
Thanks for the nice comments on my sheep. I dearly love them all but I had over a hundred head and sold down to 40 plus and a fellow is wanting a flock and came to talk to me about selling them to him. I will keep 10-15 head, can't do without my daily wooly fix.
If you would like to try to knit and felt but have problems, I am sure some of us will try to share. I do have a hat mold that I use. But I have also used bowls.
Thank you for all the nice comments.

www.coffmanspinningcfarm.blogspot.com

"It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are." EE Cummings

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2011 :  7:57:20 PM  Show Profile
Sarita,
I luv your 'canning jar' idea..... so sweet!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom.
"Is it time for my Dirt Manicure yet!"

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://www.graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Dec 13 2011 7:58:24 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Knitting and Felting wool hats Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page