Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Barnyard Buddies
 Need advice and help for a pot belly piglet
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Need advice and help for a pot belly piglet Next Topic  

AngelaJoy
True Blue Farmgirl

63 Posts

Angela
Pinckney Mi
USA
63 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2011 :  11:23:36 AM  Show Profile  Send AngelaJoy an AOL message
Hi Ladies!
My son's girlfriend bought a pot bellied piglet last week. They intend to keep it inside and are litter training her. I need to know, just how much do you feed a piglet? If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. Any advice on this subject is very welcome! Thanks!
AngelaJoy

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2011 :  8:32:59 PM  Show Profile
hi angela, my friend will have the answer. i will ask her tomorrow. lisa and i had a potbelly we rescued. wilber was a good boy. he died of old age. i forget what and how much we fed. congrats on your new friend. i will get back to you tomorrow. happy days sherrye

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

batznthebelfry
True Blue Farmgirl

1257 Posts

Michele
Athol Ma
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2011 :  10:25:31 AM  Show Profile
When I had mine I was told to feed it like you would a puppy, twice a day...pigs will constantly eat, thats how they are made so to keep them from gtting overly fat as pets you feed them high quality puppy chow & vegs/fruits. A good training tool is grapes...they adore grapes & you can train them using these as treats. Never feed them meats unless you want a agressive pig, nor give them rawhide bones. Always have plenty of water as they will go thur alot of water a day. Do not move the litter box as they will find one place they like to potty & if the box is moved they will still go in the area where it was. They need a nice soft doggie bed as they have joints that get sore as they age....Michele'

Chickens rule!
The Old Batz Farm
Hen #2622
Go to Top of Page

AngelaJoy
True Blue Farmgirl

63 Posts

Angela
Pinckney Mi
USA
63 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2011 :  11:50:41 AM  Show Profile  Send AngelaJoy an AOL message
Thank you so much! I guess this will be a learning experience,lol! It's funny they like grapes Will try this tactic today. Again, thanks!
AngelaJoy
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Need advice and help for a pot belly piglet Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page