grammytammy
True Blue Farmgirl

585 Posts

Tamara
Binghamton ny
USA
585 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2011 :  07:41:48 AM  Show Profile
I'm finishing up my sauerkraut, first batch I ever made. DH is drooling. Think we will go look at puppies today too, lost ours of 12 years 3 weeks ago. Christmas stuff- hmmm?

FarmGirl 2495
God loved us so much He gave His only son to die in our stead.

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2011 :  08:16:39 AM  Show Profile
A new puppy!!!!! Let us know all about your puppy. How exciting!! I'll be cleaning house today; at least part of it. LOL
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

jessabelluh
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

Jessica
South Dakota
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2011 :  09:39:58 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by grammytammy
Think we will go look at puppies today too, lost ours of 12 years 3 weeks ago.

Oh, how I love puppies! If you get one, please share photos and stories!
I'm sorry for the loss of your dog, that is so hard! *hugs*

As for my day, I just got home from a craft show, where my only purchase was a dish scrubbie.
I should go tidy up the house a bit and maybe pull some more Christmas decorations out, the supply seems endless! lol

~jess
Go to Top of Page

StrawHouseRanch
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Paula
Holt Missouri
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2011 :  10:05:29 AM  Show Profile
Tammy, I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your pup. It sounds like it had a long life in a very loving home. Good luck with your new puppy search!

It is a non-stop rainy day, so my to-do list for this weekend consists of:
-Finish my handbag project!!
-Trim, clean and bag that garlic I harvested last summer.
-Clean the stinky leather purse with saddle cleaner that I talked about earlier this week.
-Dust out and re-stuff the kitty beds in our garage. They are all "outdoor" kitties, but I bring them all in at night, and I've given them cardboard box beds with bedding made of packing paper and paper grain bags. They are going to need a little more insulation in their beds with the coming cold weather.
-Clean and dust our work-out room. My husband has been sharing his weights with kitty carriers, pool toys, drying garlic, and accumulating dust piles.
That should keep me out of trouble for awhile!

Paula

Farmgirl Sister #3090
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, and Today is a Gift.
Go to Top of Page

edlund33
True Blue Farmgirl

1501 Posts

Marilyn
Renton WA
USA
1501 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2011 :  10:56:59 AM  Show Profile
Tamara, have lots of fun searching for a new puppy! Wow Paula - what an organized list you have! I am baking bread, cleaning house and working on craft projects this morning. It's frosty cold outside this morning, but if it warms up enough my Dad and I are planning to do some surveying on a jobsite this afternoon. If not, I think I'll bake some cookies, make fleece scarves for my neice and nephew, and work on catching up with writing some letters. I've been working long hard hours raking leaves lately so I'm really trying to get some R&R this weekend!

Cheers! ~ Marilyn

Farm Girl No. 1100

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

jessabelluh
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

Jessica
South Dakota
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2011 :  11:17:32 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by StrawHouseRanch
It is a non-stop rainy day

It's been raining all day here too.

~jess
Go to Top of Page

Emily Anna
True Blue Farmgirl

863 Posts

Emily
Fort Atkinson WI
USA
863 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2011 :  11:47:50 AM  Show Profile
A new puppy! How fun! So sorry about the loss of your dog. It's hard to lose our beloved fur babies.

This morning my mom and I went to the Tour of Homes in my hometown. Very fun to see how everyone decorates! Now we are making a couple of casseroles. One to take to my aunt and uncle-my aunt had surgery the other day. The other is to take to another aunt and uncle-uncle has cancer. Then we'll probably go deliver them. Rainy day here, too!

Emily
Go to Top of Page

grammytammy
True Blue Farmgirl

585 Posts

Tamara
Binghamton ny
USA
585 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2011 :  11:54:46 AM  Show Profile
Thank you all for the condolences on the loss of our dog. We did find a puppy - a 2 week old Welsh Pembrook Corgi - She won't come home with us till January. Can't wait.

FarmGirl 2495
God loved us so much He gave His only son to die in our stead.
Go to Top of Page

jessabelluh
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

Jessica
South Dakota
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2011 :  11:59:42 AM  Show Profile
Oh, what a sweet puppy! The waiting period is good, it will give you time to puppy proof and get things you may need for her.

~jess
Go to Top of Page

musicmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Wendy
Oregon
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2011 :  1:04:59 PM  Show Profile
The puppy is so cute!!!! Love that sweet face. Today is a crazy, busy day for us. Two basketball games for my boys. Off to an Old Fashioned Christmas Celebration at an historic site near us. The boys will get the chance to string popcorn and cranberries, make some garland, make sugared plums, etc. We go ever year...so much fun! And then off to an "Old Fashioned Christmas Party" complete with caroling around the piano (which I'll be playing).

It's a busy day, but definitely one to keep us in the Christmas mood.

One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.
Bob Marley

www.becomingwendy.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Emily Anna
True Blue Farmgirl

863 Posts

Emily
Fort Atkinson WI
USA
863 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2011 :  1:33:35 PM  Show Profile
Awe! That is a sweet lil face! Did you pick a name.

Wendy, your day sounds amazing! Anything old fashioned sounds fun to me! I wish we had something like that around here! Hope you had a great time.

Emily
Go to Top of Page

jessabelluh
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

Jessica
South Dakota
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2011 :  2:17:41 PM  Show Profile
Wendy, the old fashioned celebration and party sound like so much fun!

~jess
Go to Top of Page

Dusky Beauty
True Blue Farmgirl

1108 Posts

Jen
Tonopah AZ
USA
1108 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2011 :  2:45:17 PM  Show Profile
oh my goodness.... corgis are defenitly interesting dogs. Ours has a complex. He wants to be my mom's only baby, so when she's around he INVENTS a limp for attention. It varies in severity, it's usually a different leg, but last night was the hammiest performance yet. He heard her pull int eh driveway and HAULED across the house to chase the cat for fun in pure joy--- then he came limping into her room soooo pathetic he acted like his leg was missing! dragging himself along... it was sooooo funny! Such a faker!!!

"The greatness of a nation and it's moral progress can be judged by the way it's animals are treated." ~Gandhi
http://silvermoonfarm.blogspot.com/
"After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him. The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.” ~Will Rogers
Go to Top of Page

jessabelluh
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

Jessica
South Dakota
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2011 :  3:07:26 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Dusky Beauty
he INVENTS a limp for attention.

That is seriously funny!!

~jess
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2878 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2878 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2011 :  3:54:52 PM  Show Profile
I LOVE CORGIS!!! So sweet, big dog personalities in little dog bodies.
Oh, & I bet she still has puppy breath. Nothing better
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Whatcha doing today? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page