Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Help Stop Human Trafficking
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Help Stop Human Trafficking Next Topic  

Hosanna
True Blue Farmgirl

466 Posts

Hosanna
Alton Virginia
466 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2011 :  04:23:31 AM  Show Profile
Hey Ladies.
Recently I decided that my Etsy shop will begin financially supporting a group my sister is involved in at her University. A portion of all sales in my shop will go directly to L*PIDA. L*PIDA raises money to send to the Nepali Rescue Project to help rescue and restore women and girls in Nepal who are the victims of human (sex) trafficking. The group rescues them, and sets them up in small sewing and crafting shops so they are able to support themselves. Women are not valued in their culture and so they're treated more like a commodity, which is why so many fall into the slavery that is human sex trafficking.
Please click the link below to and visit my blog to read an interview with my sister, who heads up the project, and explains more about the project.

www.happilyeverafterhosanna.blogspot.com
www.thewindofheaven.blogspot.com
www.CarolinaRoses.etsy.com

Emily Anna
True Blue Farmgirl

863 Posts

Emily
Fort Atkinson WI
USA
863 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2011 :  08:06:06 AM  Show Profile
Hosanna, your blogs are so beautiful and I love the photos of your family and farmhouse!

I admire what you and your sister are doing. I watched a documentary a while back on sex trafficking. Until then, I never realized what a problem it is, as i'm sure many people don't. Good to see someone making people more aware of it!

Emily
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2011 :  4:02:45 PM  Show Profile
That's a great project. DH and I were just talking about it today due to a news story about some stripper ring being caught. It had to do with Russian women, I believe, and they were married on paper to get into the states, etc. I told DH it's a huge problem that many don't know about. There are some stores in my town on the lower income side that have signs posted with a human trafficking hotline number. I told DH they wouldn't have those signs there if it wasn't happening right in our own town. This is a college town. It could be so easy for a girl to go to a party and have a little too much to drink, end up around the wrong person, and next thing she knows she's in a foreign country without a clue where to get help. It's such a scary thought.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Dusky Beauty
True Blue Farmgirl

1108 Posts

Jen
Tonopah AZ
USA
1108 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2011 :  12:06:09 AM  Show Profile
Great cause to support, no matter where on earth it happens. There was an article in a major womens magazine that talked about domestic under aged girls- US citizens, who were habitually prostituted by their own parents. One was sold for the first time when she was 11, and still went to school and was a normal, overachieving asian american teenager. She got out when her parents lapsed long enough to let her attend college out of state, and were shocked and mad that she refused to come back on breaks for more "dates".

"The greatness of a nation and it's moral progress can be judged by the way it's animals are treated." ~Gandhi
http://silvermoonfarm.blogspot.com/
"After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him. The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.” ~Will Rogers
Go to Top of Page

Tea Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

645 Posts

Lorraine
Morris IL
USA
645 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2011 :  07:21:44 AM  Show Profile
Hosanna - thanks for keeping this issue in the forefront. My daughter knows someone who is doing something similar for women in Thailand. I can't imagine the desperation those women face... You're doing a good thing.

Your blog is great. There are so many talented and interesting FGs - I could spend all day reading blogs... Keep up the good work.

Lorraine
(aka Tea Lady)
Farmgirl #1819
www.birdsandteas.com
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2011 :  3:27:06 PM  Show Profile
Hosanna, what a great cause to support. Last year for Lent my school supported a rehab house for human trafficking victims, and it gave me a lot of awareness to the issue. Good for you for supporting it!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Help Stop Human Trafficking Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page