Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 January Yo-yo Poject Swap Partners Posted
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic January Yo-yo Poject Swap Partners Posted Next Topic
Page: of 2

Claudelle
Farmgirl in Training

32 Posts

Karla
Corbett Oregon
USA
32 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2012 :  5:48:31 PM  Show Profile
This looks like a fun swap, can I still join?

Karla
Farmgirl Sister #171
Free Tibet!
Go to Top of Page

debbies journey
True Blue Farmgirl

635 Posts

debbie
anchorage ak
USA
635 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2012 :  7:15:25 PM  Show Profile
Trish, your dottee is really cute, is the tule on the tail a yo-yo?
Debbie
Go to Top of Page

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2012 :  7:30:15 PM  Show Profile
Yes, it is a flower shaped yo-yo.

“It always looks darkest just before it gets totally black.”-Charlie Brown
Go to Top of Page

Ohioann
Farmgirl in Training

38 Posts

Ann
Minerva OH
USA
38 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2012 :  7:37:04 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for posting the swap partners! I've e-mailed Forgetmenot(Judith) and am looking forward to finishing my January YoYo project for her.

Farmgirl 3129 Retired and busier than ever in East Central Ohio
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2012 :  8:00:02 PM  Show Profile
Ann, I sent you an e-mail too. Well, actually two of them. Guess I should read the entire thread before I jump! I'm almost ready to mail!

Thanks, Trish, for hosting this~ It will be great fun! BYW...I use the clover template also.

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

mountain mama
True Blue Farmgirl

168 Posts

Marilyn
Divide Co
168 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2012 :  06:23:09 AM  Show Profile
Have e-mailed Kimberly(Kim L)m info. I am looking forward to doing this swap I have never done one so new adventure.

Marilyn
Farmgirl #408
Stress relief: go fishing, play in the dirt. go on a road trip, talk to a farmgirl.
Go to Top of Page

edlund33
True Blue Farmgirl

1496 Posts

Marilyn
Renton WA
USA
1496 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2012 :  2:09:25 PM  Show Profile
Trish, I have your address so I'll just send my project along to you when it's ready. Just wanted to let you know I got the message that you are my partner.

Cheers! ~ Marilyn

Farm Girl No. 1100

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

Ohioann
Farmgirl in Training

38 Posts

Ann
Minerva OH
USA
38 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2012 :  07:07:23 AM  Show Profile
Hi Judith, Just a note to let you know that your yoyo exchange went in the mail this morning (1-4-12) I had it almost ready to go when I got your name so finished it up and sent it on its way. Ann

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2012 :  3:26:32 PM  Show Profile
Oh boy! You are so on the ball. Ann... Now I am excited! Guess I will pull my box together tomorrow and put it in the mail also. I'll let you know after I do that!

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2012 :  3:26:56 PM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone

I have been out of the loop for a couple of weeks. Do we have partners? Where do I find mine?

Dianne
Go to Top of Page

mountain mama
True Blue Farmgirl

168 Posts

Marilyn
Divide Co
168 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2012 :  5:33:23 PM  Show Profile
Heard from my partner. Now I'm working to get this project out to her as soon as I can. Never made these before but I am enjoying the challenge.

Marilyn
Farmgirl #408
Stress relief: go fishing, play in the dirt. go on a road trip, talk to a farmgirl.
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2012 :  8:31:32 PM  Show Profile
Oh, I am such a lucky farmgirl! I received my yo-yo swap today from Ohioann. Ann made a beautiful (removable) journal cover. Solid multi-colored yo-yo s front and back..except for a white square on front embroidered "Farmgirl Journal"! What a thrill! Can't wait to post a pic of it tomorrow! Thanks so much, Ann!

Go to Top of Page

CCChristen
True Blue Farmgirl

180 Posts

Cynthia
Lockwood CA
USA
180 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2012 :  07:31:11 AM  Show Profile
I just love yo yos. you girls are doing a great job!

Line Shack Farmgirl

Happy Trails
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2012 :  09:03:45 AM  Show Profile
Okay..so I have not tried posting photos in awhile..Here are photos of the beautiful journal cover with a note I received from Ohioann! Isn't it the greatest!
Thank you, Ann!

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2012 :  09:10:29 AM  Show Profile
One more view of the journal since the post timed out:

Go to Top of Page

mountain mama
True Blue Farmgirl

168 Posts

Marilyn
Divide Co
168 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2012 :  09:21:53 AM  Show Profile
I sent my partner her yo yo yesterday. Hope she likes it. First time doing this but enjoyed it.

Marilyn
Farmgirl #408
Go to Top of Page

Ohioann
Farmgirl in Training

38 Posts

Ann
Minerva OH
USA
38 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2012 :  6:18:21 PM  Show Profile
Judith (forgetmenot), What a lovely package! Your first attempt at a yo-yo project is great. Your selection of color is lovely and the mug cozy will be put to good use for my hot herbal tea. So many extra goodies too! Thanks so much. Ohioann

Go to Top of Page

Kim L.
True Blue Farmgirl

162 Posts

Kimberly
Knoxville TN
USA
162 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2012 :  11:52:55 AM  Show Profile
I received my yo-yo yesterday form my partner Marilyn. It is sooooo cute -- I love it!!! Marilyn you made my day -- thank you:)

~Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies.~
Mother Teresa

Go to Top of Page

edlund33
True Blue Farmgirl

1496 Posts

Marilyn
Renton WA
USA
1496 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2012 :  7:42:54 PM  Show Profile
Trish, your project is finished and will go out in tomorrow's mail.

Cheers! ~ Marilyn

Farm Girl No. 1100

http://blueskyanddaisies.blogspot.com

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2012 :  04:38:20 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Marilyn,
I tried to open the mailbox last night. :(
I'll try again today.
Be careful out there.

Go to Top of Page

edlund33
True Blue Farmgirl

1496 Posts

Marilyn
Renton WA
USA
1496 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2012 :  07:29:29 AM  Show Profile
Trish, I haven't been able to get out to the post office, so your package is still here. It doesn't quite fit inside my home mailbox and I haven't wanted to leave it sitting outside the box with all this blowing snow and rain. So, I will send it when I can.

Stay safe!

Cheers! ~ Marilyn

Farm Girl No. 1100

Go to Top of Page

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2012 :  05:38:39 AM  Show Profile
Thank you, Marilyn! I really love it. It's all things I dig, orange, turquoise, magnets. Awesome! So far I am in love with anything you paint. I want to know how you learned how to paint. Please say Donna Dewberry. I'm hoping your project won't be late. I am so horrible at matching purples, lucky you. PS, I'm always thinking snow :)

Ladies, I will post a pic later. Marilyn made me a magnetic memo board. Yo-yos are the magnets!

Go to Top of Page

edlund33
True Blue Farmgirl

1496 Posts

Marilyn
Renton WA
USA
1496 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2012 :  07:36:47 AM  Show Profile
Glad you like it Trish. (I peeked in your likes for the whimsy jar swap to get the color ideas).

Hmmm.....I've had brushes in my hand my whole life, so I'm not really sure how I learned to paint. I know there is artistic talent on both sides of my family. My Grandpa Gust was head of the Boeing paint/sign shop in his day. My great Uncle Eric was a sign painter and I spent hours watching him paint signs and draw designs. My aunt Terri is a commercial artist and graphic designer. Jo Sonja Jansen, Heidi Englund, Gayle Oram and Lois Mueller are my painting heros. I've taken plenty of classes in a broad range of media over the years.

I also belong to some really great painting groups. Western Rosemalers, California Rosemalers, Society of Decorative Painters, and Northwest Toleliners. Toleliners is the local chapter of SDP and we are hosting a convention in Seattle in September so if you are interested I can hook you up with alot more info. These organizations all have classes during their regular meetings and some special seminars during the year. It's a great way to learn new skills and meet other artists and teachers.

I'll be looking forward to your project whenever it gets here. Right now all I have time to worry about is cleaning up branches and storm debris at work.

Cheers! ~ Marilyn

Farm Girl No. 1100

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2012 :  3:50:37 PM  Show Profile
OOOOOOHHHHHHH, I was lurking....and love the Journal! Great Idea!!! You other gals need to
post pictures too...you never know who is "watching you". LOL (But only post what you receive unless
your partner doesn't know how to post.)

FUN! FUN!! FUN!!!

blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

mountain mama
True Blue Farmgirl

168 Posts

Marilyn
Divide Co
168 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2012 :  2:17:50 PM  Show Profile
I received the cutest potholders today from Kimberly. They are a cool color of green and in the corners she put yo yos with some of her grandmothers old buttons for decoration. The gift is perfect Thank you soooooooo much. Enjoyed this swap.

Marilyn
Farmgirl #408
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic January Yo-yo Poject Swap Partners Posted Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page