Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Barnyard Buddies
 Special Needs Service ponies need Fostering/ TX
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Special Needs Service ponies need Fostering/ TX Next Topic  

MaryLD
True Blue Farmgirl

861 Posts

Mary
New Braunfels TX
USA
861 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2011 :  10:53:47 AM  Show Profile
Howdy, Y'all!

The organization Personal Ponies provides specially trained ponies free of charge to families with special needs children, and on loan to the Make a Wish Program for children who would like to have a pony as part of their last days. You can take a look at www.personalponies.org. Families take part in volunteer breeding, training, and fostering programs to keep the services alive. One family in Texas, near Dallas, was fostering 7 ponies, as part of the breeding program, and has had to sell their ranch due to financial issues. These 7 ponies are now in need of foster homes, or, permanent homes, by January 18th. The two stallions can be gelded if needed, and the rest are mares. These are UK bred Shetlands, especially suited to working with special needs children. Some of the ponies help raise 4-5 children in their lifetimes, and others live with a sponsor who allows those who cannot keep a pony, to come enjoy the program at the sponsor's property.

If you are interested in fostering or sponsoring a pony at this time, please message me, and I will forward you the email I received about these ponies. You will find all contact info for project organizer Cindy Pullen within the email. You can also contact Personal Ponies at www.personalponies.org, though it is faster to contact Cindy directly through the info I will send you in the email. ( Cindy said I could post her info online, not sure that is allowed here!)
I myself am at the limit of what my lease allows me to keep in the pasture, though I will be trailering ponies as needed as a volunteer.

Thanks for your thoughts and good wishes and any help you may be able to give. I can forward you the informational email to be forwarded to your other contacts if you have interest in spreading the word.

My Best,
Mary LD

Edited by - MaryLD on Nov 29 2011 11:07:54 AM
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Special Needs Service ponies need Fostering/ TX Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page