Dorinda
True Blue Farmgirl

1023 Posts

Dorinda
St. Cloud Florida
USA
1023 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2011 :  07:45:52 AM  Show Profile
Okay so this year I want to learn to make home made yeast breads. I've always taken the short cut and bought the frozen bread dough or bought the bread from the bakery department. I want to learn the whole kneading thing and knead my bread dough out by hand. White and wheat breads and all kinds of fancy breads. Getting me a nice kneading board for christmas and a nice bread slicer. I already have some nice bread pans that have been in storage for ever. So this is my new years resolution to learn and make our own bread this year. So no diet for me....LOL. Any suggestions on books or advice would be much appreciated. I do have a bread machine that I have bought the boxed bread mixes and used in the past. I did not care for them. But I want to learn and make it the good old fashion way! Kneading , the rise, and the whole punch thing!!! Any Advice?

Seize The Day!
Dorinda

Melina
True Blue Farmgirl

435 Posts

Melina

USA
435 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2011 :  11:18:58 AM  Show Profile
Find the Tassajara Bread Book by William Espy Brown. It's in about it's millionth printing, came out in the '70's originally. It has great recipes, wonderful instructions, and could probably be found on half.com or in a used book store for practically nothing. Enjoy!

The morning breeze has secrets to tell you. Do not go back to sleep.
Rumi
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic New Years Resolution!!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page