Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 This is where I lived in Ohio and why I left
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic This is where I lived in Ohio and why I left Next Topic  

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2011 :  1:59:53 PM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
This is why we left Ohio in 2009 and moved to Texas.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/11/22/hunger-is-sign-ohio-town-still-struggling-to-recover-from-rust-belt-troubles/

www.mrsrooster.blogspot.com

www.morganicinstitute.blogspot.com

Farmgirl #1259

LuckyMommyof5
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Suzanne
OH
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2011 :  3:19:05 PM  Show Profile
I hear you, Amy. I was born and raised in Ohio and there is so much about it that I love, but some things are getting scary around here. We had 3 MAJOR stores close around us just in the last year. And a ton of houses in the area with "foreclosed, up for auction" signs. Makes me so sad.

Farmgirl Sister #3243

"The real things haven't changed. It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures; and have courage when things go wrong." - Laura Ingalls Wilder

Edited by - LuckyMommyof5 on Nov 22 2011 3:21:22 PM
Go to Top of Page

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2011 :  6:07:46 PM  Show Profile
i was raised west of cleveland and raised my family in lorain county-they are still there---my first husband worked at us steel in lorain which has changed owners several times- we were hurt quite a bit by the layoffs and lock outs etc-many of the youngstown area guys came to lorain to work which was good for them but scary for us for awhile..anyhow- i'm in northern michigan now which is really not a whole lot better---

my plan is to move back to lorain county in about 8-10 months--many many areas have houses foreclosed, streets arae a mess cuz no one is payin taxes etc but my family is there and i miss the heck outta them....

a positive today was that some gas stations here were at 3.28 which is low!

Farmgirl # 2139
proud member of the Farmgirls of the Southwest Henhouse
~*~ counting my pennies and biding my time; my dreams are adding up!~*~
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic This is where I lived in Ohio and why I left Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page