magnoliakathy
True Blue Farmgirl

453 Posts

Kathryn
Magnolia Texas
USA
453 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2011 :  08:07:20 AM  Show Profile
The lot next door is finally be cleared to build a house on. My poor LeaLou did not like all the noise of the bulldozer and pratically jumped in my arms when I got back from grocery shopping yesterday, I was gone about 3 hours and she was hysterical. I let her in the house for a bit and the put her back outside (she is not a house dog) it didn't take her 5 minutes to figure out how to bang the screen door to get my attention. So, LeaLou spent the rest of the day inside following me from room to room and finally napping next to me on the sofa when I sat down to crochet. After we locked up the chickens, I left her outisde, she banged the door twice, I told her "No" and she settled down for the night. I have a sneaking suspecion that the whole time that house is being built, I will have a daily "helper" until the workers go home. I am such a softie for her, she is a pound baby and we have had her 2 years. She is our FDIT, Farm Dog In Training.and she had no accidents the whole afternoon, about 5 hours.

When you free your mind your heart can fly. Farmgirl # 714,

acairnsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

1319 Posts

audrey
cheyenne wy
1319 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2011 :  12:08:24 PM  Show Profile
Poor puppy! She couldn't figure out why all the noise in her previously tranquil environment! I'm glad she has a loving "momma" that brought her inside away from the bad noises! And yes, I'd say you're in for a spell of inside help until the house is done! Enjoy her companionship.

Audrey

Good boy Hobbs! I love and miss you.
Go to Top of Page

KCandee
Farmgirl at Heart

5 Posts

Karen
CA
USA
5 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2011 :  1:20:36 PM  Show Profile
Nothing wrong with having an in the house dog! Dogs are pack animals and you are her pack. My dogs are inside - they are all little ones but even when I had big dogs they slept in the house at night. If you can't keep her inside could she stay in the garage?

Karen
Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2011 :  1:52:24 PM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
My hubby found a Brittany Spaniel two springs ago. She was a skinny, sad looking dog. She is now our protector. She follows me from room to room. I am not a dog person, but she is my best friend now. Isn't it funny how they become a part of the family. Now that we live in an apartment, she always goes to the door when she hears something.

www.mrsrooster.blogspot.com

www.morganicinstitute.blogspot.com

Farmgirl #1259
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic LeaLou scared silly Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page