Rejena
True Blue Farmgirl

149 Posts

Rejena
WY
USA
149 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2011 :  05:07:01 AM  Show Profile
Hi everyone. Well, we sold all the animals. Kevin has accepted a job in Bill Wyoming and is heading out in less than two weeks for his cross country adventure to find us a home/ranch to join him at.

I am here with the kids to school, the dogs to feed, the house to close up, and my job to finish out and then we will join him ASAP.

I am nervous, he is nervous, the kids are nervous. YIPES! That's a lot of nerves, but we are also way excited about this new opportunity.

I am so looking forward to farming in Wyoming. I am sure the differences will be marked, but I am looking forward to the option to have more grazing land and a few less mountains to traverse to get to and from the barns.

Okay, anyone from Casper, Douglas, Bill, Gillette, Wyoming? Anyone know anyone in Wyoming? Anyone want a 100 acres with a big ol' house in Pennsylvania on a 'big hill'?

Contact me!

Sold the Farm, MOVING WEST! Here we come Wyoming, starting a ranch of sheep around the Black Hills SOON is my goal. Hubby working for the railroad. How very Western!

Simply Satisfied
True Blue Farmgirl

427 Posts

Emily
Montana
USA
427 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2011 :  05:32:08 AM  Show Profile
Congrats from Montana! I moved here with my husband after we finished college. We have lived in Billings and now south of Missoula. The biggest change for me was not being able to run to the nearest mall for whatever I thought I needed. I have realized over the last eight years I really don't need much. The winters get a little long some years but they can be awfully nice to hangout with your family and enjoy them. I love that your familyhas their priorities figured out and you are acting on them. I don't really know anyone from Wyoming but Montanans are quite nice so I assume Wyoming folks are the same. Congrats, I hope you all get to be in Wyoming soon.

Emily
Farmgirl # 3591
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2011 :  05:40:37 AM  Show Profile
How exciting! I visited Wyoming last summer and it is beautiful. Very different from WI and PA. I stayed at the home/ranch of Michelle Pilgrim in Baggs, WY. They raise cattle and sheep. She has a blog at www.theprimitivepilgrim.blogspot.com She is also a farmgirl sister on here. Good Luck and keep us posted!

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

Don't go with the flow...you are the flow.

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2011 :  05:41:25 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Welcome to the West!! I grew up in Wyoming and love it! The landscape is different than you are used to and we don't get much rain so make sure you have a good well or a clean cistern :) but it is a wonderful friendly place to be :)

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2011 :  07:14:36 AM  Show Profile
It that Bill or North Bill I had one baby in Gillette and was not a fan of Wyoming. But it was home for a couple of years so we grew to love it.
Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2011 :  07:32:04 AM  Show Profile
Congrats! Sounds exciting.

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories
Go to Top of Page

sherone_13
True Blue Farmgirl

2460 Posts

Sherone
Evanston WY
USA
2460 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2011 :  07:59:19 AM  Show Profile
Howdy from South West Wyoming! We love Wyoming and have lived here for most of our lives. No income tax, low sales tax and property tax and no sales tax on food are a definite plus to living here. The state is primarily Republican with conservative beliefs, especially when it comes to state's rights over federal. The people here are an eclectic group, with city slickers, bikers, cowboys, stoners, hunters, intellectuals, etc. The economy in Wyoming is pretty good, especially in the area where you are going. There is a big energy boom in that area. I hope you enjoy winter, because we have long ones. However, the summers and fall are to die for. There are lots of wild open spaces and lots of wildlife to view. I hope you enjoy it here!

Sherone

Farmgirl Sister #1682

My Blog - www.annapearlsattic.blogspot.com

Etsy Store - www.annapearlsattic.etsy.com

Women are angels. When someone breaks our wings, we just jump on our broomsticks and fly! We are flexible that way!
Go to Top of Page

Rejena
True Blue Farmgirl

149 Posts

Rejena
WY
USA
149 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2011 :  08:13:16 AM  Show Profile
Yep, You crack me up there Diana!
Population 11, I don't know WHO would live in North Bill! :O)

Rejena
quote:
Originally posted by gramadinah

It that Bill or North Bill I had one baby in Gillette and was not a fan of Wyoming. But it was home for a couple of years so we grew to love it.
Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273

Sold the Farm, MOVING WEST! Here we come Wyoming, starting a ranch of sheep around the Black Hills SOON is my goal. Hubby working for the railroad. How very Western!
Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2011 :  08:34:12 AM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
A Big Farmgirl Welcome! I am the first one to say I WANT your 100 acre farm in PA! Unfortunately, I know I can't afford it...bummer. I am so happy you are getting to live your dream!

Julie
Farmgirl Sister #399

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2011 :  07:09:37 AM  Show Profile
yipee happy days for you. keep us up on your adventure please sherrye

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2011 :  08:02:41 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations! A new adventure."onward and upward"

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

acairnsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

1319 Posts

audrey
cheyenne wy
1319 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2011 :  3:40:45 PM  Show Profile
Rejena,

Well! Welcome to Wyoming! I live in South East Wyoming. I was originally from the Denver CO area so this wasn't too big of a move for me. I think the most notable difference you'll find right off the bat it the wind. But bundle up and don't get discouraged, it will only last through the winter! Spring winds start moderating and then hardly any winds in Summer and Fall. Also, you'll notice a distinct lack of trees! But the prairie has a way of worming it's way into your heart and you'll soon discover you enjoy being able to see for miles and miles. The people in Wyoming are very friendly but also very independent. Like Sherone said, you have a wide assortment of people

There's a few of us from Wyoming on the forum but seems we are scattered all over the state. Maybe next summer we need to plan a Wyoming Farmgirls weekend. Caspers seems to be the middle of the state so maybe we can all rendezvous there? Either way welcome to Wyoming where one of our motto is "forever west".

Audrey

Good boy Hobbs! I love and miss you.
Go to Top of Page

YiberryYadeeKarin
True Blue Farmgirl

343 Posts

Karin
Spokane Valley WA
USA
343 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2011 :  8:14:28 PM  Show Profile
I've been through, or should I say "past" Bill a couple of times in my travels. It always stuck in my head because when I worked at Custer Battlefield (nowadays Little Bighorn Battlefield)my then boss got a kick out of there being a Bill and a North Bill.

What I really like in northeastern Wyoming are Pumpkin Buttes. I used to gaze at them and always wanted to visit them. They've kind of remote, though, and never did.

I've always loved the expanse of Wyoming and how one part of the sky always seems to be dark and threatening.

All the best to you with your move!

Karin
Go to Top of Page

Heather B
True Blue Farmgirl

562 Posts

Heather
Longmont Colorado
USA
562 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2011 :  08:53:05 AM  Show Profile
Good Luck to you and your Family!
Wyoming and Pennsylvannia are in sharp contrast to each other but the adventure will be amazing!

Heather

http://homesteadincity.blogspot.com/
http://littlehouseonthebumper.blogspot.com/ (My "glamper" page)

"Only your real friends tell you when your face is dirty"
Farm Girl Sister #662
Go to Top of Page

BusyBeeMary
True Blue Farmgirl

178 Posts

Mary
Nampa Idaho
178 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2011 :  6:41:53 PM  Show Profile  Send BusyBeeMary a Yahoo! Message
congratulations on your move. sounds so exciting. Big changes for all. Its exciting. We are moving to Idaho soon too. Our dream of habing a hobby farm is coming true so I know how exciting this is for you and your family. Congratulations.

To Live a Full life one must LOVE MANY THINGS- Vincent Van Gogh

Mary Fitzpatrick
http//www.Thepurplecrazylady.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Wyoming calls Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page