Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 **Cancelled**Kid winter snow buddy
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic **Cancelled**Kid winter snow buddy Next Topic  

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2011 :  8:56:33 PM  Show Profile
**Well I posted this and just didnt get any response, so I am thinking that perhaps everyone is too busy at this time of year- perhaps I will try again after the holdidays**

With winter fast approaching around the country I thought it might be neat to do a swap for the kids, to get them in the winter wonderland spirit. Here are my thoughts:
Together with your child, put together a package with all of the makings of an outdoor "winter snow buddy" (ie: snowman, snowgirl etc)
Include things such as a hat, scarf, items for the face (eyes/nose/mouth)...well you get the picture! Anything that you can scavenge up that your partner can utilize to build a snow person! Use your imagination and feel free to improvise from the "Standard" items and add "winter goodies" at your will.
"Rules"
Partners posted on December 3rd.
Mail out will be NO LATER THAN DECEMBER 10th! (hopefully the pacakage will be received in time for the holidays) What a neat "extra" surprise this would make under the tree etc!
Please only sign your child up if you can DEFINATELY FOLLOW THROUGH- as we of course would not want to disappoint a CHILD!

One sign up per family...you will be assigned one partner and once partners are posted you will be responsible for contacting one another.
Any questions feel free to email me.
Happy Holidays!

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..

Edited by - laurentany on Nov 20 2011 2:17:47 PM

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2011 :  8:57:09 PM  Show Profile
I'm in....looking forward to some good outdoor fun!
Smiles,

~Laurie
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2011 :  6:15:15 PM  Show Profile
Wow- Really???I thought for sure some farmgirls would want to do this with their kiddos? Oh well, if I have no takers over the weekend I will delete and try and come up with another swap. Just thought this would be fun for the kids-since we moms always get to have all of the fun with our swaps....

~Laurie
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2011 :  08:18:02 AM  Show Profile
If I had children I would be in Laurie! I think it's a wonderful idea and fun too!
I can just picture the smiles on the faces of little ones! Precious!

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory

http://merryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

TeresaJ25
True Blue Farmgirl

975 Posts

Teresa
Medford NY
USA
975 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2011 :  6:19:53 PM  Show Profile
I just saw this today.
I haven't been "online" all weekend.. Please let me know if you decide to start this back up!

~Teresa
Farmgirl Sister #1348
Little Henhouse on the Island

Children...
Love them
Nurture them
Teach them well
and Believe in them...
For they are our future
Go to Top of Page
  *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic **Cancelled**Kid winter snow buddy Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page