True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Suzanne
OH
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2011 :  7:35:34 PM  Show Profile
Hi Farmgirls,

I may be paranoid, but lately I feel like my hair is thinner than usual. I'm only 36 and female hair loss doesn't run in my family, so I'm not sure what's going on. Maybe it's the fact I've either been pregnant or breastfeeding for about the last ten years straight, I don't know. I do take nursing/pregnancy vitamins still, but I was wondering if anyone had any advice. Are there vitamins, supplements or herbs anyone would recommend to thicken hair? Or any natural topical treatments?

I would appreciate any recommendations.

Farmgirl Sister #3243

"The real things haven't changed. It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures; and have courage when things go wrong." - Laura Ingalls Wilder

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2011 :  05:36:48 AM  Show Profile
First make sure it isn't a medical reason. Thyroud problems can cause hair loss. Then You can look at other options. It could be related to your pregnancy and breastfeeding.

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

Don't go with the flow...you are the flow.

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2011 :  06:39:02 AM  Show Profile
I have polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) that causes me to have excess body hair, but not near enough on my head (as far as I'm concerned!). My dr put me on Rogaine. I've been on it since May 1st, but haven't noticed a change or a difference :s. I've looked for solutions, but couldn't find any really. I also have used Nioxin shampoo & conditioner, but again, haven't noticed any difference after 2+ years of using it. If you find anything that works, let me know!

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic help for thin hair? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page