Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Coming Attraction on the Blog - Knitting Tutorial
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Coming Attraction on the Blog - Knitting Tutorial Next Topic  

soapmommy60543
True Blue Farmgirl

2197 Posts

Ann
Oswego IL
USA
2197 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2011 :  2:12:51 PM  Show Profile
For those who want to learn, or may just want to try a new pattern, I'll be posting "The 9 Days of Knitting" on my blog starting Sunday. We will be making scarves for Special Olympics. For supplies, you will need Red Heart Super Saver Yarn, 1 skein each of Cherry Red and Soft Navy. The Soft Navy has a Special Olympian on the label and he looks so handsome and proud! You will also need a pair of size 10 needles. We'll be learning cast on, knit, yarn over, knit 2 together, simple color change, and casting off. Sounds like a lot, but it's really REALLY simple once you get the hang of it. And, a long scarf is just the way to get the hang of it!

Hope you'll join me - be sure to post photos here of your work so we can all "ooooooh" and "aaaaaaaaah"!

Wife of terrific hubby and mom to 2 kiddos, 2 bunnies, 2 geriatric goldfish, and the best dog in the world!

Avoid soil depravation and get your dirt on! Start a garden in your own backyard...

Check out my blog: http://suburbanprairiehomemaker.blogspot.com
and follow me on Facebook (Suburban Prairie Homemaker) and Twitter (sphomemaker)

soapmommy60543
True Blue Farmgirl

2197 Posts

Ann
Oswego IL
USA
2197 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2011 :  2:29:17 PM  Show Profile
P.S. Tell your friends and neighbors! This is a great way to support a WONDERFUL charity!

Wife of terrific hubby and mom to 2 kiddos, 2 bunnies, 2 geriatric goldfish, and the best dog in the world!

Avoid soil depravation and get your dirt on! Start a garden in your own backyard...

Check out my blog: http://suburbanprairiehomemaker.blogspot.com
and follow me on Facebook (Suburban Prairie Homemaker) and Twitter (sphomemaker)

Go to Top of Page

TeresaJ25
True Blue Farmgirl

975 Posts

Teresa
Medford NY
USA
975 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2011 :  3:31:50 PM  Show Profile
Okay... I am ready to learn to knit!!
I have added your blog to my favorites and I am up to the challenge!
Thanks Ann

~Teresa
Farmgirl Sister #1348
Little Henhouse on the Island

Children...
Love them
Nurture them
Teach them well
and Believe in them...
For they are our future
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Coming Attraction on the Blog - Knitting Tutorial Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page