Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 What ever happened to these farmgirls?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic What ever happened to these farmgirls? Next Topic  

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2011 :  05:04:07 AM  Show Profile
During the time I have been on the forum, there have been a few people that I have wondered what happened to.

If you know, spill it.

Jen Bove Did I read she wrote another book? I loved that outpost forum.

Bridgette from Ligonier, PA, was it?

Heather that used to say WOO HOO I'm a cowgirl,and was a military wife, and decluttered all of the time.

“It always looks darkest just before it gets totally black.”-Charlie Brown

OmgsItsTashaRose
Farmgirl in Training

44 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul MN
USA
44 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2011 :  07:22:56 AM  Show Profile
no idea...but I am back ;-) lol

Formerly GaiasRose
Go to Top of Page

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2011 :  08:03:10 AM  Show Profile
You're what made me think of this. These newbies have no idea about some of the personalities we've seen on here. It's much tamer these days.

Go to Top of Page

OmgsItsTashaRose
Farmgirl in Training

44 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul MN
USA
44 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2011 :  08:50:30 AM  Show Profile
It really seems a lot tamer....we need to bring back the spice rack!!!! LOL!

Formerly GaiasRose
Go to Top of Page

acairnsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

1319 Posts

audrey
cheyenne wy
1319 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2011 :  1:47:59 PM  Show Profile
Yes, I remember them too and wonder how they are doing. There are some others that I miss:
Bonne from Littleton CO. She was from my old hometown but I never had a chance to meet her
SmoothieJuice
Frannie from Cabin Creek KY
Sandra K Licher
Julie (Willowtreecreek)

I understand some new people might find the forum is not to their liking and then you never hear from them again but these were all big time posters. I always wonder why they quit. One I think because of a controversial posting that got out of hand but the others just seemed to fade away. I know a gal from Wyoming that used to be a contributor but has moved on to other pursuits and no longer visits the site.

And yes Tasha, I remember you and see you've changed your log in name.

Good boy Hobbs! I love and miss you.
Go to Top of Page

oldbittyhen
True Blue Farmgirl

1511 Posts

tina
quartz hill ca
USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2011 :  4:29:34 PM  Show Profile
it seemed to me that there was a couple of girls on here that , for lack of a better phrase, could dish it out, but couldn't take it...so I heard one gal was really trashed because of it, she defended herself and was kicked off for it, its a shame that the truth does not always come out...I read here for a couple of years before I signed up, and saw some sad things...

"Knowlege is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"
Go to Top of Page

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2011 :  04:39:26 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for the info, I got an email describing some of what happened. I left for about a year due to some racist comments about immigration, that were not addressed my moderators.

I still don't know what happened to Heather. I liked how she was not afraid of life.

Go to Top of Page

tiff-tiff
True Blue Farmgirl

78 Posts

Tiffany
Austin Texas
USA
78 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2011 :  09:08:49 AM  Show Profile
I was wondering about Heather too. She lived close to me and was getting ready for another move. I really hope she is doing ok - being a military wife and all. I didn't post very often and then just fell off when my life got too busy, but I've been visiting again and wondered where all my friends were. LOL

Farmgirl #164
www.itsatippinthing.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

acairnsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

1319 Posts

audrey
cheyenne wy
1319 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2011 :  10:44:19 AM  Show Profile
The last I remember of Heather was that she was the victim of identity theft and had to close all of her accounts. This was at the same time she was getting ready to move and wasn't she starting a new job? I think she realized it was all too much for her and said she her farewells to the forum. I liked her spirit too. She'd get overwhelmed but then who wouldn't in her shoes but she'd always rally and find the strenght and gumption to fight her way back on top. I hope all is going well for her and her little family.

Audrey

Go to Top of Page

Dusky Beauty
True Blue Farmgirl

1108 Posts

Jen
Tonopah AZ
USA
1108 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2011 :  8:16:18 PM  Show Profile
Goodness ladies, I've had more than my share of internet wildness... I came of age with the rise of the internet and I've sort of grown up with it and seen so much on it. I appreciate my nice, safe, SANE forum communities like MJF and Backyard Chickens! LOLOL! The online role playing game forums were the worst of the lot!

"The greatness of a nation and it's moral progress can be judged by the way it's animals are treated." ~Gandhi
http://silvermoonfarm.blogspot.com/
"After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him. The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.” ~Will Rogers
Go to Top of Page

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2011 :  03:47:42 AM  Show Profile
I also miss lisamarie508, she was so sweet.

Go to Top of Page

Beverly Gill
True Blue Farmgirl

1114 Posts

Beverly
Marlborough
USA
1114 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2011 :  07:20:01 AM  Show Profile
I wonder about Maggie...who was into fashion design, was engaged to a young man...believe she was from California....very sweet gal---maybe you all can clue me--maybe she's still here, and I am looking in th wrong places.

Also Bo Peep 214 Stephanie Schaefer >???AnD Crystal Casto???? I know Crystal was having troubles....only wish to know that she is doing better.

Beverly Gill

There's no place like home
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2011 :  12:26:53 PM  Show Profile
I have to chime in,,, I too have seen many lovely, and some not so lovely ladies come and go....some peek in once in awhile, some have faded away and some have had life changes that have prevented them from being active here on the forum....others have left because of comments spoken/hurt feelings here on the MJF forum... but for what ever reason, I am greatful to have gotten to know them, if for only a brief moment...remember, whether you make a friend, be it for a moment, a day, a year or a life time, be greatful & cherrish it for how ever long you get to hold on to it.
One such friend that I truly miss, is Claire... talk about a beautiful lady.... in spite of her courageous battle with cancer, she continued to be a Swap Mama for 4 quilt block swaps.... of which I am am so proud to be a part of and have completed assembling the 4 quilts that include her blocks....a beautiful memory & a reminder to never give up. Claire said that hosting & quilting gave her a focus on something other than her cancer... Sadly Claire lost her fight & cancer took her from her husband, family and us way to soon.
I am greatful for Claire, and for all of you, even tho most of us have never meet.
Hugz & remember, we are a sisterhood of women and farmgirl friends.
hugz

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom.
"Is it time for my Dirt Manicure yet!"

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://www.graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2011 :  01:49:12 AM  Show Profile
Heather says she is alive and living in Texas for good :)

Go to Top of Page

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2011 :  11:25:30 AM  Show Profile
bump so that it's in my list :-) Got my user name back :-) Yipeeee!

~*~Brightest Blessings~*~
Tasha-Rose
Farmgirl Sister #88

Blogs:
http://omgsitstasharose.wordpress.com

Go to Top of Page

acairnsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

1319 Posts

audrey
cheyenne wy
1319 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2011 :  11:30:38 AM  Show Profile
Grace,

Well said!

Audrey

Go to Top of Page

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2011 :  6:10:48 PM  Show Profile
I remember most of the people you're mentioning and I've wondered too. I'm one of those who's been busy, so I thought maybe I was just missing their posts between my check-ins. I'm glad to see you back, Tasha, and to hear good news from Heather.
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic What ever happened to these farmgirls? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page