Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Farm Kitchen
 Please, I need a new oatmeal cookie recipe
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Please, I need a new oatmeal cookie recipe Next Topic  

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2011 :  5:35:39 PM  Show Profile
The Vanishing Oatmeal Cookies recipe is good, but am looking for something a little different.

Do you have a different, proven recipe? What do you add in for excitement?

“It always looks darkest just before it gets totally black.”-Charlie Brown

sissarge
True Blue Farmgirl

502 Posts

Linda
Montgomery Texas
USA
502 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2011 :  5:57:50 PM  Show Profile
Trish, I use the same recipe and part of us like it with added nuts and cranberries. My grandchildren like m&m's and my son and hubby like chocolate chips. We also add Peanut Butter chips.
We have added the toffee bits. Hope this gives you some ideals. Oh I sometimes add a little rice krispies, and wow we all love them. Its the holidays, well almost, and on saturday, my daughter made them with white chocolate chips and dried cranberries, they were great. I have tried another recipe years ago, but well why mess with perfections, just change it up. Good luck experimenting. Farmgirl #946 Linda
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2011 :  6:42:32 PM  Show Profile
Hi Trish :)

This is The Best Oatmeal Cookie recipe I have come across.
I got it at this blog: http://quietrest.blogspot.com/2007/05/oatmeal-unadorned.html

Chewy Oatmeal Cookies

1 cup butter
2 cups brown sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
2 1/4 cups of flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
3 cups of quick oats
1/2 cup sifted powdered sugar for rolling and dusting.

Put on some praise tunes or quiet hymns. Strap on your favorite apron. Line your cookie sheets with parchment paper. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and get baking!
Cream butter and sugar in your mixer until smooth; add eggs one at a time and and beat to combine. Add vanilla and beat 1 minute more. Sift flour, salt, soda, and baking powder together and beat on low speed. Add oatmeal and stir until just combined.
Using a large cookie scoop (1/4 cup) scoop level balls and roll in powdered sugar (confectioner's or 10x sugar depending on where you hail from!). Place on cookie sheet 3 inches apart. Flatten slightly with a glass bottom dipped in powdered sugar. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until no longer shiny. Remove from cookie sheets - dust with more powdered sugar if you like!
Serve with big glasses of ice cold farm fresh milk and don't count the calories! A serving is as much as you can fit between thumb and forefinger!

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory

http://merryheartjournal.blogspot.com/

Edited by - Calicogirl on Nov 14 2011 6:42:56 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Please, I need a new oatmeal cookie recipe Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page