one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2011 :  05:52:13 AM  Show Profile
I am trying so hard to not buy vintage Valentines from ebay.

“It always looks darkest just before it gets totally black.”-Charlie Brown

Beverly Gill
True Blue Farmgirl

1114 Posts

Beverly
Marlborough
USA
1114 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2011 :  05:59:15 AM  Show Profile
I no longer collect anything---trying to declutter......I used to collect vintage pillow covers.

Beverly Gill....and for me less is best

There's no place like home
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2011 :  06:11:20 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I love tea cups but I am also trying to declutter so like Bev I have stopped collecting. The Victorian Valentines would be hard to resist though! They are beautiful!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2011 :  06:17:10 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I love tea cups but I am also trying to declutter so like Bev I have stopped collecting. The Victorian Valentines would be hard to resist though! They are beautiful!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Catherine L
True Blue Farmgirl

408 Posts

Cathy
Newton Texas
USA
408 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2011 :  08:13:23 AM  Show Profile
I love dishes, not full sets, but searching for a piece here and a piece there. I started doing this with a pattern of wheat dishes like the ones my grandparents used to have. I think they were a promotional item from somewhere. I have a pretty good collection. Since then I have started searching for other patterns. It gives me something to search for while "junktiquing". I am getting a little short on space though so I have slowed down.

~Catherine~
Farmgirl 2428 http://www.my-fairhaven.blogspot.com/
http://adaywithnonnaandboompa.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2011 :  08:23:08 AM  Show Profile
i have thimbles and spoons and teddy bears and some tea cups- a very few special glass pieces from childhood and amber glass pieces...most of my things are still boxed from our last move...i love books..have way too many....

someday i want to build a doll house so i do collect things in mini

much of our stuff is staying boxed because we're moving again in august--tho i love the idea of being surrounded by my "stuff"

Farmgirl # 2139
proud member of the Farmgirls of the Southwest Henhouse
~*~ counting my pennies and biding my time; my dreams are adding up!~*~
Go to Top of Page

Ingrid
True Blue Farmgirl

432 Posts

Ingrid
BC
Canada
432 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2011 :  08:30:56 AM  Show Profile
Have stopped collecting as trying hard to declutter. The more I get rid of the better I feel.

Give thanks to yourself everyday for all the wonderful things you do!
Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2011 :  09:23:36 AM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
I collect homemade Christmas ornaments made either by myself, my children, or others. Someday, I plan on giving half of my collection to each of my two grown children.

Julie
Farmgirl Sister #399

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.

Edited by - ClaireSky on Nov 14 2011 9:48:16 PM
Go to Top of Page

Beverly Gill
True Blue Farmgirl

1114 Posts

Beverly
Marlborough
USA
1114 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2011 :  09:30:45 AM  Show Profile
Julie, love your collection...that is so nice to do that.......

Beverly Gill

There's no place like home
Go to Top of Page

njaw09
True Blue Farmgirl

397 Posts

Annie
NJ
USA
397 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2011 :  10:08:46 AM  Show Profile
I collect snailmails. I still collect stuff but limited alot. Because we looking for another house. Also I am getting old and time to declutter & simplify my lifestyle.
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2011 :  10:54:00 AM  Show Profile
I have way too many "collections" but my weakness is beads. I use them, they are easy to store, and some day I hope to start selling the items I make, but ooooh it's a fetish! I grew up being intrigued by glassware, and beads just fit right in!

Farmgirl 3535
Pflugerville, TX
Go to Top of Page

Okie Farm Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

1674 Posts

Mary Beth
McLoud Oklahoma
USA
1674 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2011 :  2:20:33 PM  Show Profile
I have collected depression glass for years, and anything vintage for that matter, but am no longer doing that. Trying to declutter my house as well!! But I do now have a complete place setting for 12 of the depression glass pattern that my grandmother had. She had gotten the small pieces out of crystal oats and the larger pieces at Kress's dept store. However she only had a small number of pieces. It is called Patrician Amber or the Spoke pattern.

Mary Beth

www.OklahomaPastryCloth.com
www.Oklahomapastrycloth.com/blog
The Sovereign Lord is my strength - Habakkuk 3:19
Go to Top of Page

Violets November
True Blue Farmgirl

342 Posts

Violet
Exeter California
USA
342 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2011 :  6:38:30 PM  Show Profile
I don't spend to much on collecting anymore, but I do have a lot of collections!

I try to purge and declutter the ho hum pieces and keep the best.

~Violet~
Farmgirl Sister #1669

My blog, http://hiddenacre.blogspot.com/
Our Organic Jewelry, http://www.etsy.com/shop/GaelicForge
Go to Top of Page

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2011 :  7:06:04 PM  Show Profile
I have a lot of geodes, rocks, etc. It carries over into beads. My family still buys me Wizard of Oz stuff and tortoises/turtles.

“It always looks darkest just before it gets totally black.”-Charlie Brown
Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3319 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3319 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2011 :  8:21:06 PM  Show Profile
Dust! LOL...And, Vintage buttons, Iittala crystal, White Stoneware, Blue Willow, Vintage linen, Snowmen, and books to name a few, but I'm pretty organized so everything is in its place. Sounds a bit like I am trying to justify huh?

Melody
Farmgirl #525
Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2011 :  9:56:00 PM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Beverly! I have always loved homemade Christmas ornaments since I was very young. On my tree I have ones that I made when I was little, when my children were little, and I even have one that my grandmother had. I just love my collection. Now I have several Christmas ornaments that my Farmgirl Sisters have made. Each year we talk about some of our special ornaments and how they came to be. Oh, what special memories my Christmas Tree gives me each year.

Julie
Farmgirl Sister #399

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6610 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6610 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2011 :  04:40:17 AM  Show Profile
I love to collect Hartstone Pottery! They are located in Zanesville, Ohio and all of their pottery is hand painted and just the best.! I have a few seasonal pieces for fall, Halloween, Christmas, Easter, and general summer. In order to not let my interest get ahead of myself, I only purchase a piece that can be used everyday with just the two of us. So that means no more than 2 of any one pattern and no more that can be reasonably used on a regular basis each week. But even with that system, I have a fair amount of stuff. Last year, I sold a bunch of inherited dishes on ebay to make room and reduced my Hartstone to only those items that were really special. I try to have a rule that if it comes in the house, then something has to leave. Two years ago, I really did a HUGE downsize of family inherited stuff that even I did not want and that helped plus it gave me money to purchase Hartstone without using my general funds. At age 60, I know I need to keep it small but it is a challenge with Hartstone!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2011 :  06:32:26 AM  Show Profile
Antique handmade marbles

This too has slowed down since Mom and I don't have access to the Burlington Flea Market in KY. So much fun!

I got started when my folks moved into an old Victorian house and marbles started to be unearthed as we moved around the yard and started to beautify the place once again. One in particular was worth about 30.00 at the time.

Go to Top of Page

knitnpickinatune
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Sherrie
Gardena California
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2011 :  08:28:15 AM  Show Profile
While I too am a member of the "uncluttering" ranks,I've focused my collecting to vintage Halloween decor,which has gotten pricey,so it's a very s-l-o-w growing collection,and my other collecting is very vintage sheet music/songbooks and stringed instruments. My two biggest collections is of vintage ukuleles & vintage ukulele sheet music,most dating back to the 20's. I have quite the pile of vintage sheet music and cowboy songbooks. I have 5 vintage ukuleles at present,including my 1st-my grandmother's banjo uke made in the 20's. I can usually get one for $26 or under-the latest aquisition was a mere $17.50 tho it does need work. (I love fixing up instruments so no complaint there!) My other recent addition is a tenor banjo that needed refurbishing from the 50's or 60's. I play that one now-and I won it for a mere $20 and change. Oh! antique musician photos-I collect those too,of mandolin,ukulele,guitar & fiddle players,mainly. No one famous but very wonderful candid photos. I use some in my store advertisements.

http://www.mandolinbabe.net

http://www.fiddlebelle.com
http://www.celticcowgirl.me

@MandolinChick on Twitter
mando pickin,uke strummin,dulcimer playin & fiddle sawin' Farmgirl #702

Edited by - knitnpickinatune on Nov 15 2011 08:33:40 AM
Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2011 :  10:01:05 AM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
I also collect Wanda Brunstetter books.

Julie
Farmgirl Sister #399

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7612 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7612 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2011 :  12:19:37 PM  Show Profile
This is great!
I have a small moose collection, I like glass ware I like colbalt blue glass ware, and have a collection of brass, and miniature which is easy to display, I love paintings of nature and photography but I am trying to de clutter other things so that I can keep the other, and I also collect art embellishments so that I can make things. I just have to get it all organized.

"When we do the best that we can, we never know what miracle is wrought in our life or in the life of another" Helen Keller
Go to Top of Page

paradiseplantation
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

julie
social springs community Louisiana
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2011 :  2:11:18 PM  Show Profile
White enamelware. Can't pass a piece up. I love all the enamelware, but the lack of spac won't allow me to have it all!

from the hearts of paradise...
1Thess. 4:11
http://thefarmwife.com
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic What do you collect? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page