Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Spokane and near by area....
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Spokane and near by area.... Next Topic  

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2011 :  9:30:25 PM  Show Profile
Hey all you Spokane & neighboring area Farm Girls, just sending a shout out to any and all of you that live in the area...
Take a peek at my katmom blog for more info.
Hubby & I spent the better part of the day working out at "Rough Start Horse Rescue"... they got in 10 more rescue horses... the horses had been abandoned by their owners,,, the people just up and moved out leaving the horses with out food, water or shelter. Thank goodness someone realized that the horses had been abandoned and contacted Rough Start.

RSHR is in need of help building shelters for the extra horses... I think they have a total of 40 horses right now in their care.
They need building supplies as well as donations for veterinary costs as well as the feed bill.
Once the horses are cleared, (many are right now), they will be up for adoption.

Also, Rough Start is having a fundraiser, "Pies for Ponies". You can order pies @ $10 & pick them up by Dec 10th.
Go to my facebook page to get more info or contact Jay or kelly @ 509.475.3956

I posted pics of a few of the horses on my katmom blog.

Today is my hubby's & my 39th wedding anniversary, and what better way to spend it, working on building horse shelters.
Happy Trails to you.

p.s. I want this sweetie,,, she is the 'alpha' mare in the herd but was sweet around me.

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom.
"Is it time for my Dirt Manicure yet!"

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://www.graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2011 :  04:53:05 AM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
Congratulations Grace, what a wonderful way to spend your anniversary! I wish I was in a position to adopt a horse. But, I live in a small town and don't have the land....Bummer. I am heading over to your blog right now to check it out.

Julie
Farmgirl Sister #399

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2011 :  05:40:27 AM  Show Profile
How great is that?! I am so glad for people like you and the horse rescuers. Keep up the good work.

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

Don't go with the flow...you are the flow.

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13634 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13634 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2011 :  06:42:19 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Hey Gracie . . . love it!
There is a horse rescue ("Fresh Start Horse Rescue") about 7 miles from my house here that I discovered. I go out there occasionally, but mostly support them by distributing their brochures and I've been sponsoring one of their horses for about two years.
The first horse was "Angel" a beautiful, mare who was blind in one eye and just the sweetest lady. She was adopted and moved to her new home so I started sponsoring "Arroyo". Arroyo is a gelding who is also blind and has more difficulties in getting round than Angel did. I met him just recently and he is a gentleman.
I was tickled all shades of pink when ANGEL was adopted and was able to go to her own home, but I was also sad because now she's not part of my life. (I would have loved to have adopted her, but it's just not possible)
I derive a lot of pleasure in going to FSHR, "visiting" all the horses and chatting with the folks there about what things need to be done and how I can help.
Thanks for sharing your experiences!
CJ

This is ANGEL . . taken in July, my last visit with her before she went to her new home.(She is blind in her left eye)

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

through my lens - http://ceejayscamera.shutterfly.com/

from my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2011 :  06:46:05 AM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
Hi CJ! I never thought to volunteer taking care of rescued horses. I am going to see if there is a group somewhere in the area that is not too far away that I can volunteer for.

Julie
Farmgirl Sister #399

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13634 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13634 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2011 :  08:14:49 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Julie,
It's a tremendous opportunity! I imagine that any horse rescue can use ALL KINDS of volunteer help. I grew up on a farm and we had a horse . . well, animals just take a lot of time, energy and care. They also need TLC . . .and these rescue horses are starving for that!
So, happy hunting!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

through my lens - http://ceejayscamera.shutterfly.com/

from my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2011 :  10:37:51 PM  Show Profile
Thanx CJ for sharing and for motivating others to help out... you are soooo right, animals do require a lot of work,,,and are so grateful for what little love and attention they can get in return. I love being nuzzeled by these horses,,,, as well as goats,dogs, kitties etc. Oh heck! I just love critters! >^..^<
Hugz & happy Trails!

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2011 :  6:51:48 PM  Show Profile
bumping this up.... for us horse lovers...

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Spokane and near by area.... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page