Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2011 :  06:35:28 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
And tackle the house! It has been a hard couple of days with school and the house is showing it. Plus my family is visiting tomorrow and I need to get the house presentable.

Time to roll up my sleeves and get to work!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com

StrawHouseRanch
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Paula
Holt Missouri
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2011 :  08:27:35 AM  Show Profile
Same here...family starts showing up for the holidays starting November 19th and various family groups will be in and out until after Christmas. I need to defuzz the dogs so I can defuzz the house without getting re-fuzzed. At least the spiders have slowed down on their cobweb-spinning. Maybe they have gone into hibernation for the winter...I can only hope.

Paula

Farmgirl Sister #3090
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, and Today is a Gift.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2011 :  08:56:54 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Paula- Amen on the spiders! I can't believe how many we have in this house!! At least this year we weren't invaded by pill bugs like we have been in years past.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2011 :  09:25:16 AM  Show Profile
Me too! I have about an hour or so left before my mom, sister & niece get here, but it's going pretty well, all things considered. I'm doing laundry at the same time, so every time I get going on something, the stupid timer for the laundry goes off! If I had my own machines, I wouldn't care, but since I don't, I better get it all done as quick as I can! I've hung up most of it outside, if only I had a south facing apartment instead of north...but it's a beautiful day, so I won't complain too loudly!

Next week, I'm going to attempt my "cleaning schedule", loosely based on Flylady. I didn't get anything done this past week, b/c I was out/gone for every single night this week! So I'm a little behind :s. Oh well. Next week is all new :). Good luck on cleaning girls!

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2011 :  09:54:35 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Pam- yes being at the mercy of laundry mat style laundry can be frustrating. I well remember those days. It is a necessity to have washer dryer in the house now. If we move again before we get our own house we won't move unless we have hookups. Good luck getting it all done!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2011 :  12:03:27 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
So far the living room is picked up and mostly clean and I have done so much laundry I have lost count in addition to playing with Nora, helping her with her hand writing and fixing breakfast and lunch. Next I am going to tackle the mess that is the kitchen as I continue to wash what feels like every scrap of fabric in the house!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2011 :  7:57:16 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Phew! It's been a long day! More and more laundry done. We are getting down to the bottom of the much neglected heap now. All the blankets and sheets are being washed. Most of the dishes are done and the living room was dusted. I know it doesn't sound like much wow- has it been a busy day! Nora and I got her hair trimmed and then went grocery shopping. I am definitly looking forward to relaxing tonight!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2011 :  6:39:06 PM  Show Profile
well hoping you are having a fine day alee????

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2011 :  7:19:14 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Sherry! I just got home from a 10 hour day at work. I am relieved to be home and tomorrow I get to clean like a mad woman again for at least part of the day.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2011 :  10:26:23 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
The house is almost perfect now! The living room got completely done, and I shampooed the carpets. The laundry is only about 2 loads from being done. The kitchen walls and floor got scrubbed and we are caught up on dishes. My husband helped clean this morning and we got tons done! Now I just need to get the bedrooms, and the laundry room done and the down stairs will be in great shape. Of course this won't happen until Friday at the earliest so of course there will have to be backtracking- but it is so nice to feel like things are shaping up LOL

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page
  Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Time to roll up my sleeves... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page