njaw09
True Blue Farmgirl

397 Posts

Annie
NJ
USA
397 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2011 :  09:15:55 AM  Show Profile
ahhhh look at all the doggies...they are sooooo cute.

Do you know I used to have a big big fear of dogs until I met my pitbull and my cairn terrier? I fell in love with the cairn terrier and that's how the pitbull fall in love with me also. She almost bit my hand the first time I met her.

Everytime I see a dog from the distance I use to walk across the street. It doesn't matter if it is a small dog or whatsoever.

After I move into my husband's place that's when I start loving dogs. Starting to understand and etc.

I even have a parrot and she bites. hahaha. Only my husband can touch her though.
Go to Top of Page

princesspatches
True Blue Farmgirl

431 Posts

arttie
iron mountain michigan
USA
431 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2011 :  09:20:27 AM  Show Profile
I love all the pictures of everyones puppies. Mine is a sh**-zu. she was the runt of the litter and the breeder was going to dispose of her. She is the love of our lives. She goes everywhere with us. In the picture....she is pretty shaggy. But she goes to the groomers quie often.

Go to Top of Page

njaw09
True Blue Farmgirl

397 Posts

Annie
NJ
USA
397 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2011 :  09:24:16 AM  Show Profile
Arttie-
your Shih Tzu is soooooo cute. I notice they love small ball. My coworker she has one similar like yours and she wouldn't let go of the ball.
Go to Top of Page

princesspatches
True Blue Farmgirl

431 Posts

arttie
iron mountain michigan
USA
431 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2011 :  09:26:36 AM  Show Profile
We were babysitting another puppy. And he brought his own toys with him for the weekend. She took it away and hid it, then dragged it back out when he went home. She is so funny. It is actually a cat toy. She has such a wonderful personality and with 5 kids in the house she stays pretty active.
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2011 :  11:25:17 AM  Show Profile
This is my pride and joy, Penny the Pooch. She is 14 years old and much more white than she used to be. I wouldn't trade her for anything.

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2011 :  1:17:59 PM  Show Profile
I love all dogs. If you ever just want unconditional love, your dog is there for you. I have an ancient basset named Teak and a scrappy pom named Pook. My Catahoula died very suddenly of heart cancer and I'm still missing my boy. I really want a brindled mastiff, but need much better fences first. I am hoping to pick up a couple of shelter dogs as well. I truly am a large dog person who falls in love with all sorts of other sized dogs, cats, birds, snakes, llamas, cows, chickens, ducks, horses.....

Get a dog that you feel would suit your personality and life style best. And you can usually find ads for pets that need new homes and puppies in most newspapers.

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
http://thegimpyfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
http://pinterest.com/annikaloveshats/

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

960 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
960 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2011 :  5:27:05 PM  Show Profile
I'm all for rescue, how ever it happens! My last dog came from the WalMart parking lot, a lady was giving away puppies and I could not resist his precious face, and also felt like if I didn't take him, where he might end up. He had mange, but is all better now. He's two years old and a great boy! We also have a 14 year old we rescued from a farm in south GA, she was eatten up with fleas. Our other beautiful girl was purchased, she is a mini Aussie, and full of herself. She loves our WalMart rescue, best thing I ever did for Gracie (Aussie)!
http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/Snitz/Images/004(39).JPG" border="0">

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

960 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
960 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2011 :  5:33:19 PM  Show Profile
oops, I didn't get GracieBelle in the photo's -
The white doggie is TaffyAnn (14) w/HunterBoy rescue kitty
BarneyBoy - WalMart rescue
GracieBelle doing what she does best - killing a toy :)!

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

Dusky Beauty
True Blue Farmgirl

1108 Posts

Jen
Tonopah AZ
USA
1108 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2011 :  2:59:24 PM  Show Profile
Diana, here is your local craigslist page for "pets"
http://lewiston.craigslist.org/pet/

You never know what you might find.

"The greatness of a nation and it's moral progress can be judged by the way it's animals are treated." ~Gandhi
http://silvermoonfarm.blogspot.com/
"After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him. The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.” ~Will Rogers
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

960 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
960 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2011 :  6:35:42 PM  Show Profile
I was thinking today, that your local Vet's office is a good place to find a pet. That is where our Hunter Kitty came from They usually have bulletin boards with pets needing homes for one reason or another.
I wish you the best finding you "new best friend"

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

Dorinda
True Blue Farmgirl

1023 Posts

Dorinda
St. Cloud Florida
USA
1023 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2011 :  10:46:25 AM  Show Profile
We have a queens bulldog, a beagle and I just got a new little boston terrier. He is brown and white. I named him Baxter. I love him to pieces!!! Our bulldog is old and so is our beagle. My bulldog is the outside watch dog and my beagle and boston are inside pets! I would recommend a queens bulldog to anyone looking for a good outside watch dog. Nothing gets on our property with out her knowing it. But to family and children she is very sweet and protective over. She keeps a good watchout for any preditors that is messing with the cows. She is also a good snake killer. She has killed 9 big moccasins. She has been bitten numerous occasions from snakes. Had to have surgery one time for a moccasin bite that bite her in the chest area. I love her dearly! Awesome dog!

Seize The Day!
Dorinda
Go to Top of Page

Apache Lady
Farmgirl in Training

47 Posts

Erika
La Puente California
USA
47 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2011 :  1:33:34 PM  Show Profile
I say shelter dog too, save a life and you will be rewarded with unconditional love. I actually have two dogs, a purebred Labrador and a shelter German Shepherd. I've had my lab since she was a pup, she's my hunting partner and her favorite sport is dock diving. The Shepherd is more my moms dog, a companion and watch dog. He's very smart, but still a knucklehead.

This is Kylie

And this is Troy after playing in his tub.
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2011 :  1:47:33 PM  Show Profile
I love seeing everyone's pictures of their dogs! I guess I'll add my shelter dogs, too. I have a picture with all four (just the head of my dear Finnigan--white pittie--though) but at least you see them in their clan pecking order :)

"Hey, I've got nothing to do today but smile..."
The Only Living Boy in New York, Paul Simon
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic New puppy what kind? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page