Author Holidays: Previous Topic Thankfulness Thread Next Topic  

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2011 :  6:30:22 PM  Show Profile
Whether its due to the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday or just that I tend to become more introspective in the autumn and winter, I always find myself counting up our blessings about this time every year. Things are in bad shape world wide with money and jobs scarce, but I thought that if we just slowed down our thoughts from the constant struggles, we would see how many blessings we really have and maybe we would all feel better for a wee little while.

So my top 5 blessings are:
1.) I happen to have THE funniest, sweetest, most handsome and incredible man, the love of my life AND my best friend, to share my life for as long as we have!
2.) We both have fairly good health despite all of the years of crazy living that we've been through
3.) We have a secure roof over our heads, electricity, and running water! Enough to eat and simple comforts.
4.) Drew has an awesome job that he loves!
5.) We both have wonderful families. I have the proud honor of having 2 awesome nephews, one incredible niece, a great niece and a great nephew! One of my nephews has just announced his engagement to a super talented and sweet girl, that I'll love having in the family. My dad is in his 80's his dad is in his 90's and his mom is in her 80's and they are all in good health and living in their own homes. A good family is always a blessing

So tell me about your top 5 blessings =) and we can keep adding up until Thanksgiving and maybe we should print out our blessings and read them to our families or just to our self to remind ourselves that we are blessed beings =)

Hugs to ya all!

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
http://thegimpyfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
http://pinterest.com/annikaloveshats/

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci

musicmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Wendy
Oregon
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2011 :  8:30:34 PM  Show Profile
What a great idea!

Here are my current top 5...
1. Of course, my hubby. He is an awesome father and husband. He is the strong manly man type, but he cried when we had to put our dog down.
2. My 3 boys. Oh, they could each get their own because I'm so thankful for them in their own way. I'm amazed daily by them.
3. Our community. With my husband away for the week, my neighbors have really stepped up and taken care of us. Little goodies and offers of watching the boys.
4. My Dad. He is quite possibly the best father a girl could have. Such support and encouragement. He doesn't show judgement even when he knows I'm making a mistake, but helps me through it.
5. My husband's job. Because he has a decent job, I'm able to homeschool the boys while teaching a few lessons a week. So thankful that I can be home right now!

Can't wait to read what others find right now.

One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.
Bob Marley

www.becomingwendy.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

grammytammy
True Blue Farmgirl

585 Posts

Tamara
Binghamton ny
USA
585 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2011 :  03:55:37 AM  Show Profile
This is the time to contemplate this issue. I like the idea of stopping for a few minutes to really think about our blessings... thanks for the opportunity!

1. My God, without whom my life would be useless and a mess. He continues to teach me how to be like Him - giving and loving

2. My family who have supported me through thick and thin, hubby, parents, children and now wonderful daughter in law.

3. An awareness of what is really important in life.
4. All the comforts I have been provided - home.
5. A job that I love and allows me to impact others.

I don't take it lightly that God has provided all the things I'm thankful for.

FarmGirl 2495
God loved us so much He gave His only son to die in our stead.
Go to Top of Page

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2011 :  04:15:23 AM  Show Profile
1. My husband, who gives me very few problems.
2. My son, I never thought I'd be a mom. Little did I know every thing and event in my life was leading up to being a mother.
3. My husband, who works so hard for us, and gives us a comfortable life, and we want for nothing.
4. Our health.
5. Freedom to pursue this happiness.

6. All you gals on this forum, where we can find friendship, support, and love all of the time.

Make cupcakes not war!

Edited by - one_dog_per_acre on Nov 08 2011 04:16:08 AM
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2011 :  06:57:20 AM  Show Profile
You know, this morning I just sat outside and wrote so many things I am thankful for. Then I saw this. How awesome!

First, I am so thankful that I have a God and Father who loves me more than anything. And no matter what I do, He still loves me!

2nd, I am SO thankful for my husband od 33 years so far. He is amazing. And he loves me no matter what too. I am so blessed to have found him.

3rd, I am so thankful for my family. Today is oen of my granddaughter's 10th birthday. I remember the day she was born. I am so thankful that this is MY family. As disfunctional and crazy as we all are anyway. I love them all.

4th, I am so thankful for this valley where I live. I was sitting outside yesterday in the warm sunshine knitting and just enjoying the peace and quiet of it all. And the beauty is amazing. I love it here. And for all my beautiful animals. I have 6 sheep now and 6 goats and they are all so different. I just absolutely love those sheep. Way too much I think. And I am thankful for all that my animals provide for us. Meat, milk, eggs and now wool. Thank you, my furry family.

5th, for this wonderful weather we have had so far. I am so thankful it's been nice enough to not have to turn on any heat. I have had a few fires but that's about it. So I am so thankful for this very mild beautiful fall so far.

And thank you for starting this, Annika! I am so thankful for all my farmgirl sister friends.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

laurzgot
True Blue Farmgirl

1669 Posts

Laurie
Alvin Texas
USA
1669 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2011 :  11:34:35 AM  Show Profile
Annika, what an awsome thread. I think about my blessings all the time.
1 My husband for 30 years and a very hard worker
2 My three children of whom I'm proud of everyday, who are so loving and thoughtful of others and their siblings
3 Of my home and the skills that God gave me
4 GOD WHO IS ALWAYS THERE FOR ME
5 For my wonderful parents
My friends at MJF
Hugs
Laurie

suburban countrygirl at heart

http://www.etsy.com/people/lauriescott60
Aprons and More
Go to Top of Page

acairnsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

1319 Posts

audrey
cheyenne wy
1319 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2011 :  10:20:05 PM  Show Profile
Annika, you are so right. We all have many more than 5 blessing to be thankful for and all though our situation may be painful we need to remember them.
1) My DH, also my best friend. I don't think I'd be able to handle my grief for my recently passed pup if it were not for his love.
2) My recently passed pup, he gave me so much love and joy. God made this little guy just for me and DH. We are now blessed with 15 years of wonderful memories from this little character.
3) Being chosen as a child of God and being secure in where I (and DH) will spend eternity and knowing that just like any parent, my Heavenly Father will supply my needs.
4) Our jobs and the blessings that gives: our new home and land, the smaller city I now get to live in, new friends, a fabulous church.
5) That I am a citizen of this great country. It may have major problems right now but we are still the most blessed nation on earth.

So many more I could list!

Audrey

Good boy Hobbs! I love and miss you.
Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2011 :  05:49:46 AM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
Love it!

1) My hubby has a job
2) We have a nice apartment
3) We have food on the table
4) The bills are paid
5) My daughter is healthy

www.mrsrooster.blogspot.com

www.morganicinstitute.blogspot.com

Farmgirl #1259
Go to Top of Page

LuckyMommyof5
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Suzanne
OH
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2011 :  6:56:41 PM  Show Profile
I am thankful for so many, many things, but if we are doing five, here goes:

1) My 4 lovely and amazing daughters who make my life wonderful and crazy all at the same time.

2) My handsome, responsible and loyal husband.

3) Our home.

4) My husband's job which provides for me to stay home with our dear daughters.

5) The basic good health of my husband, my daughters and me. I have now grown to learn the truth of what my grandmother used to tell me over and over - "When you have your health, you have everything."

And, might I add I am SO thankful for all of my Farmgirl sisters here at MJF - I was feeling a little down and alone this Summer before I joined and now I feel like I have a group of friends all over the country and the world. You are all a blessing to me!

Farmgirl Sister #3243

"The real things haven't changed. It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures; and have courage when things go wrong." - Laura Ingalls Wilder
Go to Top of Page

knittingmom
True Blue Farmgirl

665 Posts

AnneMarie
Edmonton Alberta
Canada
665 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2011 :  8:08:39 PM  Show Profile
I am thankful for
1) God who has always been there for me and my family.
2) My family, my wonderful husband, our four children, our parents and siblings.
3) That we are able to put food on the table, a roof over our heads, clothe ourselves.
4) our health
5) the safe country we live in.

"There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world"

"The things that matter most are not really things after all"
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2011 :  07:33:00 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I am thankful for a loving family, beautiful daughter who is the light of my life, fantastic friends who are my chosen family, the opportunity to learn and grow, fantastic employeers, and this forum that gives me a smile every morning and evening! I have so many other things that I am thankful for that I could list things from now until Sunday. So I am going to sum it up and say I am thankful for everything in my life- even the struggles because that has brought me to where I am now!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Megan
True Blue Farmgirl

155 Posts

Megan
Hudson South Dakota
USA
155 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2011 :  09:36:54 AM  Show Profile
I am thankful for
1) my husband
2) the jobs we have
3) all the wonderful family we have
4) all the animals we have
5) knowing that know matter what there is a God that loves and cares for me

there are so many things to be thankful for, what a great thread!

www.rockriverexoticsandkennel.net
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7585 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7585 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2011 :  12:10:19 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for having this for us to share what we are thankful.
1. The most awesome God who has been with me through all my trials in life.
2. My 2 daughters, 1 son and 1 son-in-law.
3. My neices and nephews and their great familys.
4. My friends on MJF and in my life,
5. My church family who has helped me so much.
God Bless and Happy Thanksgiving.
Darlene

"When we do the best that we can, we never know what miracle is wrought in our life or in the life of another" Helen Keller
Go to Top of Page

batznthebelfry
True Blue Farmgirl

1257 Posts

Michele
Athol Ma
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2011 :  07:46:17 AM  Show Profile
I am thankful for:
My hubby who allows us to have the life we have
My loving & dear sisters
My son
My best friend who has always been there for me since 1990
having a good head on my shoulders to deal with things when hubby has to be gone
the new friends I now have because of MJ
Having learned & loved raising chickens
being healthy
Michele'

Chickens rule!
The Old Batz Farm
Hen #2622
Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2011 :  6:38:45 PM  Show Profile
Leave it to me to be a day late and a dollar short.lol Just because Thanksgiving is over can I still post? I am thankful for 1)God 2)husband and children 3)health 4)home 5)job.
Go to Top of Page
  Holidays: Previous Topic Thankfulness Thread Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page