Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 The Holiday Issue, I have already read!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic The Holiday Issue, I have already read! Next Topic  

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2011 :  12:51:51 PM  Show Profile
The newest issue arrived yesterday and I have already read it from cover to cover! Wonderful and Inspiring. I especially loved the article on The Doll Hospital owned by Angel Whit in Illinois. I had the priviledge of meeting Angel and another IL farmgirl Missy (shabbyms) last year. What a wonderful issue...keep up the good work!

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

Don't go with the flow...you are the flow.

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2011 :  2:47:38 PM  Show Profile
Ooooh! I can't wait! The postman dropped off what looked like a whole bunch of magazines today, and I got excited... Sadly, they were all catalogs! :( I hope MJF comes soon! It sounds great! Thanks for sharing, Diane! Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

www.papercraftingwithnini.myctmh.com

Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2011 :  2:57:13 PM  Show Profile
I am not subscribed anymore...:( Ah well........Enjoy it a little extra for me girls

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

http://pinkprincessdecorating.blogspot.com/
Almost daily updates on me, my home and my crafts

Farmgirl sister # 2410
Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2011 :  3:03:38 PM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
I received mine yesterday and finished it today. What wonderful articles. I sure did enjoy getting to help vote for the cover. My pick won. Yippee!

Julie
Farmgirl Sister #399
West-Central WI Farmgirls

"Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful." Herman Cain
Go to Top of Page

grammytammy
True Blue Farmgirl

585 Posts

Tamara
Binghamton ny
USA
585 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2011 :  7:03:05 PM  Show Profile
Oh goodie, oh goodie!!! can't wait

FarmGirl 2495
God loved us so much He gave His only son to die in our stead.
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2011 :  8:34:54 PM  Show Profile
Lucky!!!! For some reason it always seems like I am the LAST to get mine...LOL. Cant wait- and I agree Julie- the cover is beautiful- its the one I voted for too!
Smiles,

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page

Simply Satisfied
True Blue Farmgirl

427 Posts

Emily
Montana
USA
427 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2011 :  07:06:42 AM  Show Profile
I was having a hard time waiting for my ideabook to come now findi g that my magazine is on it's way is almost too much to bear. Hopefully they both come before I go crazy waiting.

Emily
Farmgirl # 3591
Go to Top of Page

StrawHouseRanch
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Paula
Holt Missouri
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2011 :  07:32:04 AM  Show Profile
I got mine yesterday too. My husband sneakily stacked all of the mail order catalogs on top of it, and as I got to the bottom of the stack I saw the familiar cover that we saw during the voting and squeaked with joy. The cover looks marvelous, and goes so well with the "Oh Come Ye" theme.

So, am I the only one who is wondering...what IS behind that door????

Paula

Farmgirl Sister #3090
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, and Today is a Gift.
Go to Top of Page

Catherine L
True Blue Farmgirl

408 Posts

Cathy
Newton Texas
USA
408 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2011 :  2:59:45 PM  Show Profile
I got mine the other day and have already made the soap from the article in the magazine. I really want to try a small version of a barn quilt. Cathy

~Catherine~
Farmgirl 2428 http://www.my-fairhaven.blogspot.com/
http://adaywithnonnaandboompa.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Tea Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

645 Posts

Lorraine
Morris IL
USA
645 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2011 :  04:41:47 AM  Show Profile
Just like everyone, I read it from cover to cover as soon as it came. I also had the pleasure of meeting the farmgirls from Naperville when Mary Jane and Meg were at the Carson's in Yorkville Mall. What a wonderful group of farmgirls!! Wish we were closer.. I was so pleased to read the article about Angel - and I've seen her shop, but never stopped... Go figure. Well, I will for sure now.

I also loved Rebekah Teal's post - about how sometimes we only associate with people who are like-minded. Its important to broaden our horizons - I think everyone would benefit. Even though I believe in general, farmgirls are like-minded about many things, there are a wide variety of interests and beliefs and I learn something new everyday... I love reading your stories.

Lorraine
(aka Tea Lady)
Farmgirl #1819
www.birdsandteas.com
Go to Top of Page

LuckyMommyof5
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Suzanne
OH
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2011 :  04:45:08 AM  Show Profile
I love, love, LOVE the latest issue! Read it through twice already and plan to do so again - then am thinking of cutting out some of those lovely vintage holiday art motifs and using them for a decoupage project! (Not TOO many, though, so I can read it again later!)

Farmgirl Sister #3243

"The real things haven't changed. It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures; and have courage when things go wrong." - Laura Ingalls Wilder
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6610 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6610 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2011 :  05:20:57 AM  Show Profile
I got my issue in the mail yesterday and read it cover to cover last night! I can't wait to try some of the recipes too. My husband in Norweigan and so we used to celebrate Santa Lucia Day - 12/13 each year and I would make saffron buns and instead of having the children wear a crown of lit candles on their head, I used a lot of votive candles to light up the table around the buns and hot chocolate. With all of the lights out and it still being dark outside, you can still get the same dramatic light effect. I think that St. Lucia Day sort of kicks off the Christmas season in Scandinavia and so we also used it as a marker to not start decorating until after 12/13. Great memories and I miss doing those celebrations now that the kids are grown.

This issue is a must have!

Winnie

Red Tractor Girl #3109
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2011 :  05:34:48 AM  Show Profile
I wonder if mine is in the mail box waiting for me?? I got my mail on Thursday, but not Friday (up here, the post office is open on Saturday mornings, but nothing moves Friday night to Monday morning in your box). So maybe I'll check after church - you girls are making me want to decorate & such for Christmas!

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13634 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13634 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2011 :  05:56:12 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Paula,
Mary Jane tells in the magazine what's behind that door . . . I won't spoil it for you by telling you where.
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

through my lens - http://ceejayscamera.shutterfly.com/

from my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2011 :  06:10:17 AM  Show Profile
mine finally came- i moved and guess i forgot to tell the subscription dept!!! was afraid that my subscription had run out! i'm good- tonite i will endulge myself and read!!!!have had to really discipline myself lately!

Farmgirl # 2139
proud member of the Farmgirls of the Southwest Henhouse
~*~ counting my pennies and biding my time; my dreams are adding up!~*~
Go to Top of Page

StrawHouseRanch
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Paula
Holt Missouri
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2011 :  07:56:31 AM  Show Profile
Hi CJ, I found the reference to the location of the mysterious door. I just read about that place in her Idea Book that I received recently. I could then picture exactly what was behind the door!!

Paula

Farmgirl Sister #3090
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, and Today is a Gift.
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic The Holiday Issue, I have already read! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page