farmwomanmsu
Farmgirl at Heart

8 Posts

diedrie
coloma michigan
USA
8 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2011 :  4:13:15 PM  Show Profile
Someone gave me a calf 5 months old and has a back leg problem was not born this way. The person thinks the mother cow step oon her she limps and shows no broken bones and nobody knows what could be the problem. Anyone have any ideal? My daughter thinks it could be muscle or tendon problem she does not put wieght on it or touch ground with the leg back right leg.

Simply Satisfied
True Blue Farmgirl

427 Posts

Emily
Montana
USA
427 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2011 :  7:38:47 PM  Show Profile
Could you supply a picture or two to help understand what it looks like? Thanks

Emily
Farmgirl # 3591
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2011 :  7:49:20 PM  Show Profile
Diedrie, I sure hope someone can help you. I have no idea what it could be.Do you think it could have been kicked by another cow? Now I see your next sentence. That is a possibility. My goats are all the time hurting each other. Hopefully it will get better on it's own with time.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4262 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4262 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2011 :  04:33:34 AM  Show Profile
Hard to say what might of happened. I had a steer calf, that all of a sudden could not use his front leg. Long story, but with time he got the use of it back. He was eating and could get up and down, so I gave him time. I think his was a shoulder problem though. Hopefully your calf will get the use of the leg back.

Michele
Go to Top of Page

farmwomanmsu
Farmgirl at Heart

8 Posts

diedrie
coloma michigan
USA
8 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2011 :  5:24:40 PM  Show Profile
The person that gave me the calf which is a steer said she was step on by the mother cow she thinks. I do not know how to put a picture of her on this site i am not that great with computers. I used to have pet cows but its been yrs and l love beef cattle. I too hope over time she will heal but she runs fast.LOL I am trying to tame her down so i can call the vet out. I have always been around cows all my life and more into horse and rodeo. Thank you all who reply to my question. God Bless you all.
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Need help about a calf Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page