smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2011 :  3:37:06 PM  Show Profile
Do you ever feel like as fast as you get one room cleaned the family is there undoing what you just fixed? Dont get me wrong. I love my family and dont take my blessings for granted but sometimes its frustrating.Maybe when the kids do their chores I should run in and undo them haha.

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2011 :  7:15:32 PM  Show Profile
Maybe that would cure them eh? lol I remember a "cure" that my mom had if we didn't clean our room properly/at all (my sister's idea of cleaning was to shove everything under the bed, and what couldn't fit under the bed was shoved in the closet) was to take everything that was on the floor & throw it outside on the front lawn. Nice. Solved the problem though!

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

edlund33
True Blue Farmgirl

1507 Posts

Marilyn
Renton WA
USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2011 :  7:29:36 PM  Show Profile
My parents would go around the house at night and pick up anything that wasn't put away in the right place. They would hide it and we couldn't get the item back for a week plus we had to do an extra chore on top of our regular chores to get an item back. I picked up on this and started cleaning up after myself very quickly, but my brother was always "waiting" to get his toys back. It must have worked, because my brother now does this with his kids.

Cheers! ~ Marilyn

Farm Girl No. 1100

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2011 :  8:30:02 PM  Show Profile
I think Phyllis Diller said it best: "Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing." It's all good, Lea. It just says that you have a loving, happy home. :) Hang in there - we always have hope - I hear there's great maid service at the nursing home! LOL! Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

www.papercraftingwithnini.myctmh.com

Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2011 :  8:35:14 PM  Show Profile
Great ideas ladies! Thank you! Nini good to hear from you. I told my family I started this thread. You should have seen their faces when they found out I "told on them" to people all over America and even in other countries! It was priceless! The mess is still there though :)
Go to Top of Page

Beverly Gill
True Blue Farmgirl

1114 Posts

Beverly
Marlborough
USA
1114 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2011 :  10:55:53 AM  Show Profile
got to say as much as my family means to me having them overseas for awhile I get to clean to my heart's content----downsize then when they get back I hope to maintain....HOPE.
Right now I feel like a queen.......the place looks so great. Part of the problem is our home is too small for 4 adults to be living in....but I am grateful we have a home.

There's no place like home
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2011 :  11:00:35 AM  Show Profile
My kids are grown but now I have dogs that do it. I don't think it ever stops!

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2011 :  9:18:46 PM  Show Profile
So true. I actually took a picture of my spotless livingroom one day to prove it could happen!!! Now that the kids are a little older (4&5) they help with tidying up the house. It's so nice to have all those years of training starting to take effect. :)

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2011 :  6:06:09 PM  Show Profile
Y'all are lucky... at least it's kids! Mine is adults! I pick up after 20 and 30 year olds that aren't even my family! I figure I'm gonna start charging for maid service!!

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Pflugerville, TX

http://www.tawnycow.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

knead2garden
True Blue Farmgirl

359 Posts

Ashley
Spring City TN
USA
359 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2011 :  12:48:20 AM  Show Profile
I feel the same way! Almost everyday I have a mental tantrum about the "daddd gummm house!"

~Ashley
"In the end we will conserve only what we love; we will love only what we understand; and we will understand only what we have been taught." -Baba Dioum
Go to Top of Page

Kim L.
True Blue Farmgirl

162 Posts

Kimberly
Knoxville TN
USA
162 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2011 :  2:21:40 PM  Show Profile
Lea, I feel that way everyday. I thought as our kids got older it would be easier -- I was wrong. LOL Hang in there:)

~Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies.~
Mother Teresa

Go to Top of Page

queenmushroom
True Blue Farmgirl

985 Posts

Lorena
Centerville Me
USA
985 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2011 :  5:37:09 PM  Show Profile
I clean my house and it lasts approx 2-6 hours. It's a never ending story between laundry, dishes, wood dirt tracked up from the cellar, dog hair. It wouldn't be so bad, it seems, if the house was a little bigger and we actually had closets and places to hang coats where they wouldn't get knocked off. UGGGGG!

Patience is worth a bushel of brains...from a chinese fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2011 :  10:53:00 AM  Show Profile
The down side to living in the country and having an inside dog.

Most days it doesn't bother me. Just don't look across the room around 4 p.m. when the sun shines on the hardwood.
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13645 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13645 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2011 :  6:29:20 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
DUSTING!!! Oh my goodness! What an exercise in futility. We live in a dry climate, on a gravel road . . . the dust is never ending and the job of dusting furniture, etc. is never ending.
AND, sweeping the utility and kitchen floors . . . I have a hard time believing that one man, one dog and me can haul in so much!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

the "Purple Thistle" http://www.ceejay48.etsy.com

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

Through my lens - http://ceejayscamera.shutterfly.com/

From my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2011 :  09:48:53 AM  Show Profile
Lea: I know exactly what you mean. I will clean the den (the place we enter the house) and within minutes my hubby will come in with boots full of cat stuff, leaves stuck to that, etc...
He'll sit down and say, "I thought you were going to sweep the den". OMG... Now I just leave the broom by the door. LOL
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2011 :  11:38:55 AM  Show Profile
I hate dust,we live att the end of a gravel road and our house has a circular drive,two other houses,one cabin empty,the house across the field was bushogged.
Talk about dust. I always heard from my grandmother (now deceased) to look at the rose in the vase, no the dust on the table. I've used that saying alot of times. Farmgirl Marlee
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13645 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13645 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2011 :  6:24:22 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
I've been told that "dust protects the furniture" . . . hmmmmm!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

the "Purple Thistle" http://www.ceejay48.etsy.com

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

Through my lens - http://ceejayscamera.shutterfly.com/

From my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

birdie71
True Blue Farmgirl

254 Posts

Robin
Glendale Arizona
USA
254 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2012 :  9:13:53 PM  Show Profile  Send birdie71 a Yahoo! Message
Yeah! They sure do and not sure it will ever change! Course when the kids fly the nest, there will only be one to undo it! I wish that the dust was pretty then I might buy into it "protecting my furniture"!

Robin
Farmgirl Sister #1301
Farming in the Sonoran Desert? Hmmm?!

my mama's (ceejay48) craftiness ~ www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com
my daddy's craftiness ~ www.aspenforge.com
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2012 :  07:22:42 AM  Show Profile
Thank goodness, I thought this just happened to me...the Man of the House claims to be a neat freak and says messes stress him out. Yeah right! If that's the case, why does he always hang his rassin'-frassin' clothes on the couch? Then of course when I try to tidy up he says, "Don't worry about that sweety; that's my stuff."

I kid you not, if I don't ignore him and put stuff away it'll sit there for three weeks. It's a good thing I love him! *giggles*

A hook, a book, and a good cup of coffee....
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2012 :  09:40:05 AM  Show Profile
Alyce-

You crack me up!! Welcome to the sisterhood here!

Lori
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2012 :  11:01:43 AM  Show Profile
Thank you Lori! Another Wisconsinite, cool! I'm pleasantly surprised by how many of us there are here.

A hook, a book, and a good cup of coffee....
Go to Top of Page
  Cleaning Up: Previous Topic They undo everything I do Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page