Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 I met FarrarFarmgirl this weekend!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic I met FarrarFarmgirl this weekend! Next Topic  

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2006 :  06:44:24 AM  Show Profile
We met for lunch this past Saturday and I've got to tell you ladies that 1) she's just as sweet in person as she is here and 2) she doesn't look near old enough to be the grandmother of 3!! In fact, when I first saw her I was sure it wasn't her because she looked like the mother of little ones, not the grandmother.

Anyway, we had a great time chatting, and she even brought the travelling MJ dolls with her as well as a bag of goodies for me! I really enjoyed getting to meet her. She had some exciting news that I'll let her share (hint: we'd be able to get together more often if/when this all works out).

Some people search for happiness; others create it.

http://happymama58.typepad.com/my_weblog/

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2006 :  08:32:17 AM  Show Profile
Oh, Patti! It is SO much fun to meet other farmgirls in person, isn't it?!?!? I'm glad that you two had such a wonderful time... How fun to see the MJ travelers, too. I can't wait to see their status and "hear" their stories!

And...I can't wait to read about the possible news!

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

FarrarFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

330 Posts

Lynda
Frohna Missouri
USA
330 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2006 :  9:48:34 PM  Show Profile
Hello,

Sorry I haven't gotten back on here so quickly, I have been so tired lately that I have been coming home and dropping to the couch. I'm in such a funk and it's so frustrating. I usually wind up sleeping for an hour or two. It's been wrecking havoc on business and other household tasks. But I think I know what's going on, so hopefully I will be able to get a handle on it soon. I've been doing some research and it's looking like adrenal fatigue and the ever popular hormone imbalance. It's getting to be that time, woo-hoo! I know many of you have experienced some of the same things and the sight I'm looking around on is: www.womentowomen.com (I think) It's been very helpful and insightful.

Anyway, it was a most wonderful and pleasant afternoon. And Patti was so gracious and kind to wait for me as I was an hour late getting to the restaurant where we met. (Sorry, Patti) She didn't tell you what the name of the place was; Tractors. How appropriate. I have to tell you I was so very excited to meet her. And, yes, the girls were just as pleased, matter of fact, they made me take a picture of them with her. (I must apologize though, I have no idea how to post them) We have been trying to find a way to make this work for months. There wasn't anything that would keep me from coming last Saturday.

And she is also very kind with her words, it probably helped that the place was a little on the dark side, but thank you so much for saying so, Patti. Well to her credit, you all have just got to meet her. She is a picture of gentleness, with a welcoming honest spirit that just draws you into her conversation. She has a beautiful smile and twinkling blue eyes. I could have sat there all day and visited, instead of just the two hours we had, but I'm so thankful that we did.

It was as if we had been friends for years and years and just picked up where we left off. We started with a hug and just started talking, it was amazing and so comfortable - no awkward gaps, no stiff introductions, it was made it heaven. And, of course, it ended with another hug. I can't wait until we get to do this again.

Well, the possible surprise news that she mentioned is that we are looking at a house down near the farm. The big dream of someday actually owning the farm (it's in my MIL name for now) is growing dimmer and dimmer, but there is a house about 5 miles from the farm that is for sale. Patti and I met last Saturday and I was going to look at it on Sunday so I was sharing my anticipation with her about it.

It's very cute, and somewhat small, but not so small that it couldn't work and plenty of room to expand if we want. It sets on 2.8 acres with a huge side yard, an open garage, a small shed, a rock garden, a clothesline and some woods. It's ready to move into and the features are very similar to what I have now; arched doorways, hardwood floors, wood trim, small kitchen, 2 bedrooms, 1 bath and an unfinished attic that can be. I was already imagining my furniture in there and having family over, so I know in my heart it would be perfect. And pastor had just preached his sermon on God's provision and how it's always there for us, but we tend to overlook it because we always seem to want more. So I thought, instead of going into it with big ideas of what we would remodel and add on, to see it for what it is - an immediate solution to our problem of separation. In 8 years of being married, we have not ever lived a married life and my husband doesn't really have a place to call home. He stays at his moms when he is working, "visits" this house when he comes home and we are not living on the farm. This house would be a happy medium and help our relationship. So please say a prayer for all the hurdles to be lifted and the best options for making this work be evident, if it truly is God's will for us to have this house.

So like Patti said, that would put us about 40 miles apart, just a 45-50 minute drive. We have so much in common, what a great beginning to a long-lasting friendship.

We have some huge hurdles to clear before it would work for us to buy it. Like fixing up the house I live in so that it is sellable which will be difficult at best with my husband's schedule. He's home only one day a week, sometimes two, but not often. And then there's the problem of where do I go with all my stuff. I don't live in a very big house, but compared to that one it's about 2x the size, so I'd really have to downsize in a fast way to make it ready for showing. The price is a steal, so we'd be silly not to follow through on it, we just can't manage two house payments while we get all the kinks worked out.

So that's the surprise.

I encourage any and all of you, if it's at all possible to try and meet with a farmgirl is she's close enough to do so, it will just make your day and bless your life.

In His hands,
Lynda L.

Pray in faith and you will not live in doubt.
www.pamperedchef.biz/lorenzfamilycooks
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2006 :  03:09:24 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Lynda,
How wonderful! I do so hope it works and soon!! Will send a prayer up for you! Please keep us posted! I wish I could get together with a farmgirl...but so far I think I am the only one here in Okinawa! Maybe now that the library has MJs book, more will find out and join in! But when I move back home, I would just love too!! I am thrilled for you both that you are able to meet and from a deeper friendship!
Hugz!
Talitha

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2006 :  06:24:20 AM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
I hope all your farm dreams come true and that you and your husband get to be a little more like a married family instead of visit on the weekend or when enver it is. May God bless and guide you to know what is right and good in all these decisions.

sunshine

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe
www.sunshines.etsy.com
http://sunshinescreations.blogspot.com/
http://sunshine.harbaugh.googlepages.com/home
Go to Top of Page

FarrarFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

330 Posts

Lynda
Frohna Missouri
USA
330 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2006 :  11:52:19 AM  Show Profile
Thank you very much Buttercup and Sunshine, that means a lot to me to have your prayer support. I know it's not going to happen any other way. This shaping and molding time of patience and trust is challenging, but I know it's also a very necessary part of the process, so to have your prayers surrounding the circumstances brings a lot of comfort and allows me to rest a little easier. Thanks so much again.

Buttercup, I don't remember where you are originally from, but there's always a piece of land available somewhere here in SE Missouri if you are looking for someplace new to call home. I know Patti and I would welcome you with wide open arms.

My brother and his family were stationed in Okinawa about 10 years ago, they still have very vivid and fond memories of their stay there. Keep talking and keep sharing all that's in your heart about being a farmgirl and in time you'll either uncover a misplaced farmgirl like yourself or you'll be able to transform someone towards a new and refreshing way of thinking. You are your best advocate.

Blessings to you both in all that you do. Thanks so much again, you are both a blessing.

In His hands,
Lynda L.

Pray in faith and you will not live in doubt.
www.pamperedchef.biz/lorenzfamilycooks
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic I met FarrarFarmgirl this weekend! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page