katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2011 :  4:39:17 PM  Show Profile
As a transplanted Southern California gal... I can not tell you how much i missed being able to shop at our local Trader Joes store...the nearest one up here in Washington is over on the West side of the State, about a 4hr drive.....
Well ours, over in 'Spokane' just opened today...Grand Opening... & i did not care how crowded it was going to be... i had to go! and go i did & I am still on a T.J. High! it's the one thing (besides the weather) that i really and truly miss, moving up here. But now I am doing the Happy Dance!
If you haven't experienced a Trader Joes,,,,OMG! you have no idea what you are missing... or maybe i am just biased because it was/is my favorite market.

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom.
"Is it time for my Dirt Manicure yet!"

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://www.graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Oct 28 2011 4:40:41 PM

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2011 :  4:43:33 PM  Show Profile
grace i am all about tj we have one here in bend now. they have yummy stuff with a good price tag for sure. i like that they have things my gdaughter can have as a type one diabetic. she brings the best snacks when she comes over. she is 4 yrs. old and a fine farmgirl. happy days and dance for you...sherrye

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

oldbittyhen
True Blue Farmgirl

1511 Posts

tina
quartz hill ca
USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2011 :  4:46:50 PM  Show Profile
My daughters favorite store, since she lives alittle too far away to come here a couple times of week to get fresh raised/grown and organic food, Trader Joes is her substitute...

"Knowlege is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2011 :  8:19:45 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I have never been in one but I have heard good things about the chain. I am glad that Spokane got one. Maybe they will start expanding my way too!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Okie Farm Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

1674 Posts

Mary Beth
McLoud Oklahoma
USA
1674 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2011 :  07:11:14 AM  Show Profile
Grace, we're sitting on pins and needles here in Oklahoma, waiting to see if a deal was worked out with TJ to open here in OKC. I love the store!! Everytime we go to Georgia or Tennessee to visit family, we always stop and stock up as much as we can since we don't get there very often. But I have discovered a new store that is TJ's on steroids - Sunflower Market. Ours just opened here this month and it is amazing. Lots of the same stuff as TJ's plus tons of organics and awesome prices.

Mary Beth

www.OklahomaPastryCloth.com
www.Oklahomapastrycloth.com/blog
The Sovereign Lord is my strength - Habakkuk 3:19
Go to Top of Page

MEWolf
True Blue Farmgirl

358 Posts

Margaret
Byers Colorado
USA
358 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2011 :  07:51:56 AM  Show Profile
I LOVE Trader Joes!However since moving up here to CO, I have no idea where the nearest one is located. There is nothing like TJ's during the holidays! I might have to do some research and make a trek!

Margaret

“Kind hearts are the gardens, kind thoughts are the roots, kind words are the flowers, kind deeds are the fruits. Take care of your garden and keep out the weeds, fill it with sunshine, kind words and kind deeds.” ~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow (1808-1882)
Farmgirl #3020
www.grey-wolf-farm.com
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2011 :  08:05:15 AM  Show Profile
The cities of Pasco, Kennewick, and Richland have been rallying Trader Joe's to get a store in our area. It is a fun place to shop. I shopped at one in Portland, OR and also one in Lancaster, CA. Love the store. *sigh* Maybe one day.

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2011 :  08:09:17 AM  Show Profile
From someone who lived in North Idaho, Congratulations! I used to miss trader Joes so much.

Make cupcakes not war!
Go to Top of Page

musicmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Wendy
Oregon
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2011 :  09:13:59 AM  Show Profile
It is probably a good thing that our nearest TJs is about 30 minutes from me. Otherwise, I'd be there too much! I love their stuff! Hubby thinks that is overpriced because the trips cost so much more than just going to the nearest grocery store. I keep telling him it is because I'm stocking up on things we can't get down here.

What are some of your favorites from there? Our family loves the Curry sauce simmered with chicken and whatever veggies we feel like throwing in and serving it over TJs Cous Cous. Yum!!! I always have some of their pizza dough in the freezer since we have pizza every Saturday evening and there are just some weeks where I don't feel like making the crust (or no time to). the list could go on and on!

One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.
Bob Marley

www.becomingwendy.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2011 :  11:06:19 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations! I love TJ too. Helps me stay in budget and organic.

Hugs,

Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Chapter Leader, Connecticut Simpler Life Sisters

Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/
Go to Top of Page

Lessie Louise
True Blue Farmgirl

1406 Posts

Carol
PECULIAR MO
USA
1406 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2011 :  4:54:23 PM  Show Profile
They just opened a few near me, I'm in there every week!

....it's what's inside a women, when she's up against the land.

Farmgirl #680!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/lessielouise22
Go to Top of Page

Dusky Beauty
True Blue Farmgirl

1108 Posts

Jen
Tonopah AZ
USA
1108 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2011 :  7:08:06 PM  Show Profile
I have a few city girl vices---- In n Out Burger is one of them from my stint in so cal, and the other is Dutch Bros. Coffee from Oregon. We have BOTH in AZ, but the Dutch Bros is 70 minutes away so I almost never get there :(
Never been to TJ's--- not that I've ever had one nearby. I've got Sprouts down here instead.

"The greatness of a nation and it's moral progress can be judged by the way it's animals are treated." ~Gandhi
http://silvermoonfarm.blogspot.com/
"After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him. The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.” ~Will Rogers
Go to Top of Page

Tammyb
True Blue Farmgirl

511 Posts

Tammy
Bluffton Ohio
USA
511 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2011 :  7:35:07 PM  Show Profile
Must admit I also love Trader Joes! We have 2 options here in our neck of the woods ... 2 hours north into Michigan or 2 hours south to Columbus and we are there!
Tammyb

Live to leave a legacy

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2011 :  9:04:21 PM  Show Profile
Oh 'Trader Joes Sisters" at heart... it makes me so happy to hear I am not the only one who is uber crazy about T.J.... in fact DH & I poped over there this evening (we had to run a bunch of errands in Spokane) so we capped off the evening @ T.J.... Even DH loved being in there even though the shelves were nearly empty! I kid you not! You would have that there was a run on food! lol!
Thank godness I bought a lot of my favorites yesterday because they were not there today !
Yep, the word is out, Trader Joes is in town!

Wendy, I luv the 'Green Machine' juice, the Cedar All Purpose Cleaner, soy & flax tortila chips, Multigrain Oats, Mochi, and to spoil us,,, the baked NewYork Deli style Cheesecake! and those are just a few of my favs!
I have to laugh, they even sold out of their "$2Buck Chuck" wine which was on sale for $2.49...lol!
I love that they have a lot of natural & organic products and that the vast majority are products made here in the USA....

Oh & Jen, I toooo Luv 'In&Out Burger,,, another SO.Cal. tradition! We do have several Dutch Brothers Drive thru...I have a friend who lives in Pendelton, OR. and when ever she comes up...DB is on her list!
I have to say, price wise, I see no difference shopping TJ over a large super market,,,, and @ T.J...I can shop ( & I use too) weekly for all my grocery needs as well as organic/green sundries like hygeine items, laundry & dish deterge, pet food, deod, even vitamins etc...their breads, veggies, organic produce,& dairy are great.
Can ya tell I am a TJ fan?.lol!

When I was working, it was easy to stock up on their preped frozen veggies, seasoned seafood etc and be able to go home and throw something together for dinner w/o all the chopping, marinating & fussy prepping.. but then I am more of a Betty Crocker then I am a Martha Stewart! lol!
Now I can do it again but with better quality and more natural products.
So, I am still doing the Happy Dance that Trader Joes is here!

Betty hope you guys get one down there in the Tri-Cities..... but until then, feel free to drive up to ours..just don't hog all the Mochi! lol!

>^..^<

Edited by - katmom on Oct 29 2011 9:11:21 PM
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2011 :  9:35:08 PM  Show Profile
The nearest Trader Joe's is about a forty-five minute drive, so I go there when I have occasion to be in the vicinity. I love the food, and there are always cute guys there as well!
Cindy

"Vast floods can't quench love, no matter what love did/ Rivers can't drown love, no matter where love's hid"--Sinead O'Connor
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Cowgirl66092
Farmgirl in Training

30 Posts

Tracey
Wellsville Kansas
USA
30 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2011 :  9:51:36 PM  Show Profile  Send Cowgirl66092 a Yahoo! Message
gonna be there tomorrow...have my list ready. Have you tried the frozen Creamy Polenta with spinach?

Yummy!

quote:
Originally posted by Lessie Louise

They just opened a few near me, I'm in there every week!

....it's what's inside a women, when she's up against the land.

Farmgirl #680!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/lessielouise22

Cowgirl66092 - Farmgirl 3578
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13635 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13635 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2011 :  10:27:30 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Yup . . . one of my favorites!!! But, alas and alack, nearest one is Albuquerque, New Mexico (4 hour drive one way).
We DO shop at the one near our daughter's in Glendale, Arizona . . every time we go visit her.
As best I can see there are none in Colorado . . :(
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

through my lens - http://ceejayscamera.shutterfly.com/

from my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

hummingbirdjoy
True Blue Farmgirl

1217 Posts

Linda
Washington State
USA
1217 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2011 :  12:17:11 PM  Show Profile
I guess we are lucky here. We have one only a few miles away
and another In Everett and more in Seattle. I use to wonder what
all the fuss was about. The place is ALWAYS packed. Decided to
check it out a few years ago and I LOVE all the great products
they carry. Just got the embroidered, canvas tote bag and it is nice
and roomy. I can see why you were doing the "Happy Dance" Katmom.

What I make with my
hands, I give with my heart ....
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2011 :  8:27:23 PM  Show Profile
Oh Tracey,,, I will have to try the creamy polenta w/spinach...sounds yummy!
I also love the Rice Trilogy....
Linda,,, yep, Happy Dance!
DH & I just finished some mango mochi...yummy treat.
:>)

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2011 :  04:46:42 AM  Show Profile
I miss Trader Joe's Sooo much! Also a former So Cal girl until a couple yrs ago. Tj is an awesome store. Would do the majority of my shopping there! Farmgirl hugs, linda www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Trader Joes store... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page