star-schipp
True Blue Farmgirl

942 Posts

Starletta
Middletown Indiana
USA
942 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2011 :  11:14:34 AM  Show Profile
Has anyone else been using the Flylady strategies for keeping house?

If you can't feed one hundred people, then just feed one. -Mother Teresa

Star - farmgirl sister #1927

Master Food Preserver

nabrown42
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Nancy
Caneyville KY
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2011 :  11:28:24 AM  Show Profile
I am a former leader of a group and still follow the directions. I've had the pleasure of meeting and even eating with Marla and Patty a couple of times. Two of my daughters use Flylady's methods to stay on top of things also.

Nancy

"I've wept in the night for the shortness of sight that to someone's needs I've been blind; but I've yet to feel a twinge of regret for being a little too kind."
Go to Top of Page

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2011 :  11:29:16 AM  Show Profile
I used her for years and then married a husband who just can't get on board. We tease that we need different houses and just visit often. HA. I still have trouble with the getting dressed to shoes part. My disorganized daughter is using her now and it's helping. I LOVE her Christmas routine. It really helps me organize. Joey

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Go to Top of Page

paradiseplantation
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

julie
social springs community Louisiana
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2011 :  12:01:43 PM  Show Profile
Okay. This sounds too intriguing to pass up. I have no idea who the flylady is, but I'm on my way to Google her!

from the hearts of paradise...
1Thess. 4:11
http://thefarmwife.com
Go to Top of Page

nabrown42
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Nancy
Caneyville KY
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2011 :  1:10:53 PM  Show Profile
For the BO's (born organized), Flylady helps too. One of my daughters is and always has been neat as a pin but started using her methods as a way to stay on top of things since she has a son with MD who takes a lot of care along with her two daughters. It's a great way to train your children to be organized. Flylady's calendar is a fantastic tool with stickers for the kids for their chores and the ones for the adults that help to keep appointments organized. She is a very caring lady and her methods are worth looking into.

"I've wept in the night for the shortness of sight that to someone's needs I've been blind; but I've yet to feel a twinge of regret for being a little too kind."
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2011 :  5:14:17 PM  Show Profile
I found flylady 2 years ago. I did the 30 day program and I keep up with most of it. I have a hard time getting dressed to shoes. I use my timer a lot. They had a chat room for awhile, it's probably back up, and we would play a cleaning game. We had to make a list of 5 things and one had to be a pamper yourself job. Someone would choose a number and we would have to spend 10 minutes on that chore. We would come back to the computer and rest for 5 minutes and then choose the next number and so on. By following her method and playing that game I could be done with housework in an hour or less. It was a lot of fun and I've been meaning to go back and see if they started the chat room back up.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Mikki
True Blue Farmgirl

1510 Posts

Mikki
Austin Indiana
USA
1510 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2011 :  6:37:19 PM  Show Profile
Flylady helped me get organized and I loved her program...however the dressed to shoes part I didn't follow either.

~~Blessings, Mikki Jo

"Courage is being scared to death... but saddling up anyway" ***John Wayne

http://burningmeadowsprings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

JThomp
True Blue Farmgirl

135 Posts

Justine
Raymore Missouri
USA
135 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2011 :  07:25:25 AM  Show Profile
I discovered Flylady about 4 years ago or so. I'm not always consistent, I too have trouble with getting dressed to my shoes. I do use my timer and I love her feather duster! She is very helpful in more ways than just cleaning, I think. I used to listen to her radio show once in awhile. It is funny you asked this, I was actually wondering just this week if anyone else here used Flylady's methods. I saw your subject line and had to read the thread.

FarmGirl Sister#2904

"Stories have to be told or they die, and when they die, we can't remember who we are or why we're here." The Secret Life of Bees - Sue Monk Kidd
Go to Top of Page

nabrown42
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Nancy
Caneyville KY
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2011 :  07:44:37 AM  Show Profile
The great thing about FlyLady is you can start whereever you are on the CHAOS (Can't Have Anyone Over) meter. I use the timer all the time. When I'm in a Lupus flare, I have very little energy and the stress of getting behind in my housework really makes things worse. Even if I set the timer for 5 minutes instead of the usual 15, I get a lot done. I can make the bed in 5 minutes, I can swish and swipe the bathroom sinks and pick up the towels in 5 minutes, etc. When the timer goes off, I rest for 5 to 15 minutes and then start again. Over the course of a day, those 5 minute segments add up and I feel a sense of accomplishment. When I'm feeling well, I still use the timer and follow the daily prompts and stay on top of things. I don't stress over what's not finished because as Scarlet said, "Tomorrow's another day."

Go to Top of Page

star-schipp
True Blue Farmgirl

942 Posts

Starletta
Middletown Indiana
USA
942 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2011 :  1:58:55 PM  Show Profile
glad to hear that is really works - I'm going to give it a try

If you can't feed one hundred people, then just feed one. -Mother Teresa

Star - farmgirl sister #1927