Printer Friendly
Author Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Target for groceries Next Topic  

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2011 :  9:44:02 PM  Show Profile
Our Target store recently opened a grocery section, and I kinda like it. Since it's not as big as a chain grocery store, things are easy to find. Plus a lot of their stuff seems to be geared towards people who are single. I don't like some of the prices but they keep sending me coupons. I usually don't buy a lot on one trip so it's convenient. Sometimes I feel intimidated by the large grocery stores. Anyone else shop for groceries at Target?
Cindy

"Vast floods can't quench love, no matter what love did/ Rivers can't drown love, no matter where love's hid"--Sinead O'Connor
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2011 :  04:46:24 AM  Show Profile
I went last night, with $100, and only spent $60. I hope the prices stay that low. It is the kind of place that has a standard brand, then a gourmet house brand. I bought, apples, grapes, carrots, and lettuce. They all look good. Coffee was cheaper than Safeway and Walmart.

I buy specialty cheese and yogurt in the next town over already. Target will be my new go to for general groceries.

Trish

Make cupcakes not war!
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2011 :  06:08:41 AM  Show Profile
I shop Target for our organic premade foods (like Annies), breads, sodas, etc...I don't do much frozen or anything like that, but then, I don't do much frozen stuff anyway. I love Target, so I'm hardpressed to say anything negative about them. I do like the way the groceries are organized, and I like that there are multiple brand selections. The only thing I might add is not to fall in love with something--there are many times that I've gone back to buy something I've purchased for months to see it never return to the shelves.

"Hey, I've got nothing to do today but smile..."
The Only Living Boy in New York, Paul Simon
Go to Top of Page

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2011 :  06:26:55 AM  Show Profile
If you send your husband there, he won't get lost. They had chicken nuggets there that were not Tyson!! YEa! That's really the only frozen prepared food I buy. They were ChEAP!
There is not a lot of ethnic food there, but around here, there are tons of ethnic grocery stores.

Trish

Make cupcakes not war!
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2011 :  08:55:15 AM  Show Profile
We do groceries mostly at Target now. DH insists. Walmart is just a little down the road and a couple of pennies cheaper; but, I think he likes the variety and atmosphere better, so it's worth it.

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Target for groceries Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page