Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Cleaning Up
 Anyone else ditch their dishwasher?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Anyone else ditch their dishwasher? Next Topic
Page: of 2

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2011 :  4:29:33 PM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
I don't have one here...but then again, it's just me.

Julie
Farmgirl Sister #399

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.
Go to Top of Page

Violets November
True Blue Farmgirl

342 Posts

Violet
Exeter California
USA
342 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2011 :  6:31:00 PM  Show Profile
I haven't used mine for about a year now, and won't anymore.

We have our own well, with minerals, and the minerals really do a number on the dishes. And it seemed that most everything had to go from the dishwasher to the sink so I could wash by hand, instead of just being put away.

What a hassle.

Kitchen sink and counters are cleaner when I do dishes by hand.

~Violet~
Farmgirl Sister #1669

My blog, http://hiddenacre.blogspot.com/
Our Organic Jewelry, http://www.etsy.com/shop/GaelicForge
Go to Top of Page

ijjie
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

Joan
Knoxville TN
USA
92 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2011 :  06:44:03 AM  Show Profile
Havn't had one for many years, but was thinking of adding one when renovating the kitchen, but now--- no way! Thanks for helping me make up my mind on this!!!!

Joan
Go to Top of Page

msdoolittle
True Blue Farmgirl

1145 Posts

Amanda
East Texas
USA
1145 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2011 :  11:33:29 AM  Show Profile
I just won't have another. It's so easy to just wash the things when I'm done and put them up. I wash, the husband dries and puts away. :0)

FarmGirl #1390
www.mylittlecountry.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

sammyann
Farmgirl in Training

16 Posts

Samantha
Freeport Michigan
USA
16 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2011 :  11:10:06 AM  Show Profile
We found that we had big black ants in ours. We opened up the door one day and ants came running out. I don't have one any more.
Sam
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2011 :  6:03:48 PM  Show Profile
OH LORD ALMIGHTY I HATE THAT MACHINE!!!! It's such a bone of contention for me, because everyone insists it's so much faster and easier, and I have to prove them wrong every time. You can soak dishes for HOURS, but unless you wash EVERY SINGLE ONE by hand, they come out dirtier than when they went in! I don't even mean rinse, I mean WASH. So, I do the dishes by hand. Not to mention, our water bill went WAY down when I stopped using that glorified sprinkler system. Detergent is way more expensive than dish liquid, it's loud... OH I could go on, but I won't!

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Pflugerville, TX

http://www.tawnycow.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3852 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3852 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2011 :  3:24:54 PM  Show Profile
Our dishwasher heating element went out and even though we have an appliance warranty we have to pay a set $50 each time a repair is needed. So we have been using it as a drying rack and washing them by hand.

I'll have to have my husband take a look for bugs! Yikes!

Farmgirl sister #308
handmade cards, vintage organizer bags and more at www.jeanpatchbymk.etsy.com
http://jeanpatch.blogspot.com
www.fullerdirect.com
id#0920150
www.watkinsonline.com/rjaramillo
www.sunshinefarmgirlcoop.com
Go to Top of Page

jessabelluh
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

Jessica
South Dakota
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2011 :  3:29:43 PM  Show Profile
I have never had a dishwasher. Although as I type this, the kids are in the kitchen washing the dinner dishes

We do have a dishwasher in the house, but it has never even been hooked up and we use it purely for storage.

~jess
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2011 :  07:08:58 AM  Show Profile
Never had a dishwasher..oh, wait...yes I do..DH does the dishes and, I don't think I want to ditch him.lol. Seriously, our kitchen is very tiny. There was a spot for a dishwasher. We put in more cupboards instead. No regrets. Anyway, dishwater is a great way to warm your hands in the winter.

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2011 :  07:18:41 AM  Show Profile
You guys have truly convinced me not to get a dishwasher, which is great because now I can plan for more drawers in my remodeled "dream" kitchen.

Go to Top of Page

msdoolittle
True Blue Farmgirl

1145 Posts

Amanda
East Texas
USA
1145 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2011 :  06:43:25 AM  Show Profile
Amie,

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the extra space I now have w/o the washer. I store my big pots/baking stuff in that space, and it is so handy. In fact, I usually forget that I even have that space now, because I'm not used to using it. Still need to add shelving there and that will make it even better. :0)

FarmGirl #1390
www.mylittlecountry.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Anyone else ditch their dishwasher? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page