walkinwalkoutcattle
True Blue Farmgirl

1675 Posts

Megan
Paint Lick KY
USA
1675 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2011 :  1:46:28 PM  Show Profile
Oh man. I haven't been to a theme park in years, but my family came to visit me in KY (They're still here now!) and we went to Dollywood in Tennessee.

I was BLOWN away! I remember disneyland pretty well, and Dollywood just blew Disneyland out of the water, in my opinion! I had SO MUCH FUN! Annabelle had a blast, too. The park was really a good value, too, for all the shows and everything.

Have any of you been to Dollywood or other theme parks and have liked it or disliked it? The only complaint I had was that they allowed wheelchairs but no strollers in the concert hall. All strollers were to be left outside, unattended. That upset me, as I'm sure some people accidentally leave stuff in their stroller-and also, people steal JUST strollers-those things are expensive!

Farmgirl #2879 :)
Starbucks and sushi to green fried tomatoes and corn pudding-I wouldn't change it for the world.
www.cattleandcupcakes.blogspot.com

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2011 :  2:43:40 PM  Show Profile
I love Silver Dollar City, in Branson Mo. DollyWood used to be SDC as well.

Last time we went to SDC we could bring strollers into the theaters but only by the doors. We have left strollers outside though in Branson because our stroller just didn't fit well through the door. And we have never had one stolen. Our first year there my husband being a NYer was scared to death it would be stolen, so far nothing has ever been stolen from us there, in fact many things turned into lost and found for us. My husband was shocked! lol

http://www.heathersprairie.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2011 :  3:25:29 PM  Show Profile
I've been to Disney World and had a great time because of the children. They loved everything about it.
And, Dollywood was fun. I enjoyed the music, etc... I didn't like the traffic going to Dollywood. That was something. Bumper to bumper. And the food was good.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13635 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13635 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2011 :  8:01:40 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
We enjoyed Discovery Island at Disney World.
But our FAVORITE would have to be what used to be "BONFANTE GARDENS" in Gilroy, California. I don't think it's called that any longer and not sure it is still what it was. My hubby, daughter and I were there in 2004 and it was WONDERFUL!!!! ! Taken there by friends from Monterey.
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

through my lens - http://ceejayscamera.shutterfly.com/

from my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2011 :  5:17:36 PM  Show Profile
We love SDC! Its about 2 hrs from us. This summer if all goes well and as planned my brother in law and his family and us will go to Disneyworld. Never been and looking forward to that.
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2011 :  01:45:48 AM  Show Profile
We used to live right down the street from what used to be Marine World/Africa USA in Vallejo CA. It was magical. It was a theme park without rides, unless you counted the elephant ride! It was a teaching theme park and since we were "members" and could access it for the annual fee of $40, I took the children almost weekly. They had bird shows and dolphin and killer whale (like Sea World) shows. My kids got to do so much, like sledding with baby white tigers! My daughter got to stroll around the park holding Ruby, the red orangatuan's, hand. We were all kissed by sea lions at some point. The kids got to pet a bottlenose dolphin, feed giraffes, watch tigers swim in a glass sided pool. It was WONDERFUL.

Sadly, it is now a true theme park, complete with rollercoasters and without many of the animal and hands-on activities. But, we will never forget our many days there.

Marianne
Go to Top of Page

tammyknit
True Blue Farmgirl

135 Posts

Tammy
Reedsburg WI
USA
135 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2011 :  6:26:47 PM  Show Profile
I actually worked at Six Flags over Texas when I was in High school. That was so much fun, hanging out in the park after work and knowing all the ways through the back areas to get where you are going as quick as possible. I also love Disney world and Silver Dollar City and Great America in Illinois - first theme park I ever went to, right after it opened.

Tammy
Go to Top of Page

walkinwalkoutcattle
True Blue Farmgirl

1675 Posts

Megan
Paint Lick KY
USA
1675 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2011 :  04:38:08 AM  Show Profile
Marianne, I used to live about a half hour from Marine world! I remember feeding the elephants, riding the elephants, feeding the giraffes-my mom got kissed by a whale-she still has the picture up on the wall! She was so excited! I loved that theme park! I was kinda dissapointed when they made it all about the rides.

Farmgirl #2879 :)
Starbucks and sushi to green fried tomatoes and corn pudding-I wouldn't change it for the world.
www.cattleandcupcakes.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2011 :  06:06:36 AM  Show Profile
My favorite park is nearby here in PA. It is quite small compared to Silver Dollar City, Disney, etc. but it is a great little park. The website is knoebels.com. There is NO ADMISSION to this park! Pay for rides and food, but all the exhibits, picnic grounds, etc. are all free. It is in a beautiful location with wooded areas to wander, etc. Hope if anybody comes in PA you'll check it out!

Hugs,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Favorite theme park? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page