Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Barter™
 Anne of Green Gables treasures
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Anne of Green Gables treasures Next Topic
Page: of 4

ArmyWifey
True Blue Farmgirl

712 Posts

Holly
Abilene KS
712 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2006 :  09:08:17 AM  Show Profile
Count us in to please! My girls and I love Ann and we are working on owning all the Road to Avonlea videos as well. My 14yo would be beside herself! She wants us to move to Maine or PEI -- I keep telling her there aren't any Army bases there.......but maybe someday.

You've already gotten several offers of knitted items, is there anything else you would like? Anything in particular from Southern California?

Thanks very much,

Holly

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord!
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
living on Anne of Green Gables land
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2006 :  1:42:50 PM  Show Profile
HI Ladies sorry it has been so long since I posted....went to Ontario to visit family...anyway....Joanne, I got the presents for you SIL and I will send them tomorrow...Jayne, I found a thimble and some writing paper for your daughters, could you e-mail me your address? Aunt Jenny, I got a beautiful Anne Doll for Summer, she'll love it, I'm sure!!
HOlly, please tell your girls that PEI is just like the Anne movies it is a BEAUTIFUL place and I am truly blessed to live here!!! Just let me know what you would like me to get for you and your girls...as for me I love cookbooks...especially church ones or organizations (4H, girlguide, fundraising ones) or any local cook book is good as well...
Junebug....I looked for teacups today and the stores are all out of them (must be popular!!) there are coffee mugs though, just let me know
Thanks, ladies, Mella

mellaisbella "I wanna touch the earth, I want to break it in my hands, I want to grow something wild and unruly"
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2006 :  1:44:57 PM  Show Profile
Oh..how exciting Mel!!! I have been a slacker..will get your toque mailed off tomorrow. It is ready to go!! Will it be enough though??? Let me know if you need more!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2006 :  3:36:06 PM  Show Profile
Thank you, Mella! Looking forward to the treats you are sending. I posted elsewhere that I am also making a blackberry cordial to include in her gift package..."a la Anne Shirley and Diana Barry getting tipsy" on some homemade cordial. Thank again. This is sort of like having a hundred personal shoppers around the world, isn't it?

Jo
Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2006 :  7:29:51 PM  Show Profile
Hey Mella - thanks so much. I have finished your scarf and will send it off straight away! I have your address from Far-Flung Farmgirls (Tina's email) and mine is on there too. Let me know if you didn't get it and I'll send it to you.
Hope you had a lovely holiday!
Best wishes,
Jayne
Go to Top of Page

ArmyWifey
True Blue Farmgirl

712 Posts

Holly
Abilene KS
712 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2006 :  07:43:56 AM  Show Profile
Oh fun! I would love to send you a cookbook or two from here. I can send a small one from the womens ministry I'm involved with and pehaps a Route 66 one or something like that if that would suit?

Talk to you again soon.

Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2006 :  09:13:31 AM  Show Profile
Holly, both of those sound fine, if you would like to e-mail me your address, I'll send you mine! Oh, this is so much fun! Mella

mellaisbella "I wanna touch the earth, I want to break it in my hands, I want to grow something wild and unruly"
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2006 :  09:16:57 AM  Show Profile
oh, Holly, I forgot to ask you what you would like me to send to you? Thanks, Melanie

Go to Top of Page

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2006 :  12:09:00 PM  Show Profile
Melanie,

I received the package of Anne of Green Gables treasures from you today! Thank you so much, you did pick out some lovely things for my SIL. (I sure do hope she is not reading this forum today!)

Thanks again, it is so very nice to have a personal shopper on Prince Edward Island!

Jo
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2006 :  12:48:40 PM  Show Profile
Hey Jo, No problem!!! I enjoyed it!! If anyone else would like some Anne treasures, Just let me know....Christmas is coming..great gift ideas!

Go to Top of Page

ArmyWifey
True Blue Farmgirl

712 Posts

Holly
Abilene KS
712 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2006 :  3:13:43 PM  Show Profile
Dear Melanie,

Received the package of treasures today. My girls were thrilled. Thanks so much.

I will get the cookbooks out to you the end of this week if that's ok...I have to make a run to the post office that day anyhow.

Although..........I hate to say it but I mentioned to the girls about the teacups and they both looked at me like well DUH mom why didn't you get us one (not that they don't like thier things!). So would you like to barter again? or is it to much?

I would be happy to include a couple more things for you if you like. Anything besides cookbooks you would like?

Thanks so much again!

Holly

ps...Jessica of course immediatly wants to come and play Ann.

Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2006 :  5:32:32 PM  Show Profile
Hi Holly
I am sooo very glad that your girls liked their Anne things! It was a pleasure to go to the shops and find them. As for teacups, there weren't any in stock at any of the shops. YOu see, PEI is full of tourists in the summer months. People form all over the world come here to see Anne of Green Gables, especially peole from Japan. At every Anne tourist place, there are Japanese tour guides so that peole from Japan can see it all and be told the stories in their language!! Anyway....that means that the very popular things get sold very fast. There will be new shipments coming in soon, I was told and when they do, I will send you two, one for each girl.....as for a trade, what would you like to trade me?
once again, I am so glaad that you all like your treasures, cheers, Melanie

Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2006 :  5:46:44 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
My oldest daughter is into reading series books how many books are in this series and how much do they cost if any on ehappens to know ballparkish. She would like this series and I was wanting to know the price.

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe
my web store www.sunshines.etsy.com my other web store http://vintagethreads.etsy.com/
my blog http://sunshinescreations.blogspot.com/ my google page http://sunshine.harbaugh.googlepages.com/home

Edited by - sunshine on Oct 02 2006 5:47:24 PM
Go to Top of Page

Leezard
True Blue Farmgirl

950 Posts

Elizabeth
Novi MI
USA
950 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2006 :  8:31:56 PM  Show Profile
melanie, are you still up for some trading for Anne items? I would be interested in some stationary, a tea cup...my niece is 10 and really enjoys the Anne stories and this would be a great Christmas present for her. If you can think of any other things that you have access to having to do with Anne that a 10 year old might like please let me know and I may be interested in more things.

I sew aprons, right now I've only got one pattern but have access to many different kinds of material, I also have fresh canned peaches, pears, apple pie filling, applesauce, and raspberry jam. Let me know if any of that works for you :)
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2006 :  04:50:50 AM  Show Profile
Melanie, So sorry for the delay in getting back to you, I forgot to sub to this forum and now am catching up.. I understand how the teacups would go fast, please keep me on the list for when they are stocked up, I have a cute Christmas tote with your name on it in exchange if you still want to swap? Thanks again!

www.herbalfarmstead.blogspot.com

www.countrypleasures.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2006 :  04:39:16 AM  Show Profile
oh girls, do I ever want to swap!!! Liz, I don't own an apron and would love one, what a great thing to have, a handmade one from a fellow farmgirl!!! and Sue, I love tote bags, how nice it would be to carry my things around in a tote from you!!1 I'll let you both know when the teacups come in!!! cheers, Mella

Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2006 :  04:44:30 AM  Show Profile
Thank you so much Melanie, I didn't forget, when I saw the Christmas tote I thought of you and Anne!!! LOL

www.herbalfarmstead.blogspot.com

www.countrypleasures.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2006 :  06:45:39 AM  Show Profile
Mella,
Did you recieve an email from me?
~Tina

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2006 :  07:37:32 AM  Show Profile
Hi TIna
Nope, didn't get your e-mail, I checked the "junk mail" file to seeif it went there and it didn't. please re-send when you can. thanks!

Go to Top of Page

_Rebecca_
True Blue Farmgirl

568 Posts

Rebecca
OK
USA
568 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2006 :  07:56:04 AM  Show Profile
What are the placemats like? I have tote bags if you are interested. What kind of tote are you looking for?

.·:*¨¨* :·.Rebecca.·:*¨¨* :·.
Wife of Jonathan, Mother of Joel, Caitlyn, Elia, Nathanael
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2006 :  9:38:04 PM  Show Profile
Mella,
I sent you an email through the site here.
Thanks.

Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2006 :  9:39:08 PM  Show Profile
also Mella, can you send me an email with your address as we are on the cookbook swap too.
thanks, Tina

Go to Top of Page

Leezard
True Blue Farmgirl

950 Posts

Elizabeth
Novi MI
USA
950 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2006 :  06:15:31 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Melanie! Do you have a favorite color or are there any particular prints you like...floral or anything like that? I'll do my best to try to come up with something you like :)
Go to Top of Page

ArmyWifey
True Blue Farmgirl

712 Posts

Holly
Abilene KS
712 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2006 :  10:13:23 AM  Show Profile
Melanie,

Sorry bout the delay in answering. I see that you like Tote bags.... I could do one of those or a Army apron for you ?

Whichever you prefer....if you let me know I can get that done this week and pop it into the box with the cookbooks.

Thanks!

Holly

Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2006 :  07:43:20 AM  Show Profile
Hi Liz...I do like floral prints.....does your niece have any of the Anne books?...that might be another idea...let me know thanks, mella

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Anne of Green Gables treasures Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page