Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Barter™
 Anne of Green Gables treasures
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Anne of Green Gables treasures Next Topic
Page: of 4

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
living on Anne of Green Gables land
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2006 :  09:14:57 AM  Show Profile
Hello to you all
I live on beautiful PrinceEdward Island, Canada home of Anne of Green Gables. I live very close to a wonderful shop that is packed with Anne treasures... I would be happy to get these things and trade for other trinkets....just let me know

mellaisbella "I wanna touch the earth, I want to break it in my hands, I want to grow something wild and unruly"

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2006 :  3:43:31 PM  Show Profile
Oh my gosh..my oldest daughter is turning 12 in about a month. She is reading the Anne books right now and I would love to get her something from there..how wonderful!! What would you like to trade for??

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2006 :  6:52:50 PM  Show Profile
Oh Melanie,
As I mentioned, my girls and I love Anne - but I think I live too far away (Australia) for swapping. Maybe if I paid for the postage both ways or something?
What types of things do they have? Maybe Anne teacups or similar - or I collect thimbles.
And let us know what you would like to trade for - is there anything you collect or crafts you do (quilting fabric, etc)?
Love to hear from you,
Jayne

Edited by - daffodil dreamer on Aug 10 2006 7:17:13 PM
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2006 :  7:08:06 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Melanie, How very neat and kind!! Well I need to read them first..but since I think the girls and I will just love them, please do let us know what type of things you would like for trade!!
Hugz!!
Talitha

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2006 :  08:33:21 AM  Show Profile
Oh ladies... I am soooo very glad that you love Anne. I can get you anything, teacups, thimbles, notecards, books, calendars, keychains, dolls, placemats....you name it. As for things I'd like to swap for...I love totebags, if anyone knits, perhaps, mittens, scarf, hat...the wind is quite cold off of the ocean in the winter...anything handmade is good......Anunt Jenny, when you decide what you would like me to get (anne things) let me know and I can put the Hoard's dairymen magazine in also)....and Jayne...I don't mind paying for the postage, I would be so very happy to send you and your girls Anne treasures....just let me know what you think you would like...hugs, smiles to you all, Mella

mellaisbella "I wanna touch the earth, I want to break it in my hands, I want to grow something wild and unruly"
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2006 :  12:10:39 PM  Show Profile
oh how terrific. I love Anne of Green Gables ..Ann with an E :0)
I would love to swap for Anne items.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2006 :  3:19:16 PM  Show Profile
Oh Mella..how fun!! I Would LOVE to get her an Anne doll!! Wouldn't that be fun!
I have a knit earflap cap made up that is adult size and could be for a guy or a gal..grey and maroon...you can check it out at my etsy site..link below. Or heck..anything else there is up for trade too. I will get those books together for ya in exchange for the magazines too.

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2006 :  3:59:19 PM  Show Profile
Mella,
I would love to do a swap with you. I would love a thimble for my collection and maybe some writing paper for my girls. I love to knit, so I could knit you something. If Jenny is swapping a hat, maybe I could do a scarf? Let me know - this is such fun! And thanks so much for offering to swap.
Best wishes,
Jayne
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2006 :  7:32:50 PM  Show Profile
Jenny, the hat,or toque as we would call it, is just perfect...I'll have to have the strings tied at all times as some of my cows would probably grab them, they love to lick my face!...and Jayne... a scarf would be great to go along with the hat from Jenny.....and you are right...this sure is fun!!! Hugs, Mella

Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2006 :  7:47:17 PM  Show Profile
Wonderful! I will take the toque off of the etsy site...it is all yours. I love knitting those. Will do more this fall for sure. I think they are so cute! Mona always tries to eat the bottom edge of my apron!! Boy they sure can grab with those big old tongues can't they???

Jenny in Utah
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2006 :  10:51:09 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Mella,
I do not really make anything. But would you like something from Japan? Anything you collect that maybe I could get you something from here for that collection? Just let me know!
And thank you again, it is so very kind of you!!
Hugz,
Talitha

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2006 :  11:51:27 PM  Show Profile
Mella,
I will start on your scarf immediately - don't have any made up at the moment. Let me know your favourite colours - I'd hate to make it in a colour you don't like.
I was wondering whether you lived on a farm there, was going to ask you to let us know about it in the farm of my own forum. We'd all love to hear.
Best wishes,
Jayne
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2006 :  06:27:54 AM  Show Profile
hi Jayne....oh how I love hats, scarfs and mitts...winter is my FAVOURITE season..I love everything about it, the fresh white snow, the crispness of the cold air, the crunching of the snow under my feet, the smell of wood burning coming out of peoples chimneys...aaaahhhh, but i digress...What I meant to say was perhaps the scarf could be grey and maroon to match the toque that Jenny is making, but please, don't go to too much trouble...any colour would be just great and when I am bundled up this winter, i can think of the loving hands of my fellow farmgirls that made these for me....hugs, MElla

Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2006 :  06:57:26 AM  Show Profile
hi Buutercup...well...let's see....something from Japan....stickers, notepaper...journal...on a side note, did you know that there is a direct, non-stop flight from Japan to Prince Edward Island? This is due to the fact that Anne of Green Gables is so popular there...all of the Anne tourist places here have guides that speak Japanese for the visitors...crazy heh?

Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2006 :  10:39:28 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Mella,
No I did not know that! How interesting!! And I will start searching for treasures then to trade! I will be in touch!! And thank you again!
It is past 2am in the morning here so I am off to bed!!
Hugz!!
Talitha

Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2006 :  3:09:00 PM  Show Profile
hi Tina Michelle, I'd be happy to send you some Anne treasures, just let me know what you are interested in!! cheers!

Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2006 :  10:24:34 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Mella,
winter is my favorite season too!! If we are able to settle in Maine, I will have to take a trip up and see your Island and drop in for a farmgirl chat!! Am off to learn more about your home...One of my dearest friends is married to someone from Nova Scotia and they go every year on the ferry to Nova Scotia from Maine for a week in the summer at a family cabin..she loves it and wants me to go with sometime...Can I catch a ferry from Nova Scotia to you there? I love to travel! And love Canada! Someday I hope!
Hugz,
Talitha

Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2006 :  9:20:26 PM  Show Profile
Mella,
Winter is my favourite season too!!! I really want to live somewhere where it snows. Most people think that is weird - as you can imagine, I live in a country that worships the beach and everyone thinks winter is just something to endure until you get back to summer again!! Not me, though!! It is winter here and I have the fire going, but it doesn't get really cold here - I've only had to wear a scarf once this winter. Crazy! So it will be lovely to knit something for you and know you will need it and use it. I will go and look in my wool stash now - my husband will be forever grateful that some of it is disappearing!!
Best wishes,
Jayne
Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2006 :  10:24:27 PM  Show Profile
I have found some maroon wool, so I will start knitting, Mella.
I went to Aunt Jenny's site to look at the hat and was distracted by the what flower are you quiz - everyone, go and do it, it would be interesting to see what you all are! Anyway, it came up with I am a daffodil - I just thought daffodils were my favourite flower, I didn't know I WAS a daffodil!! Thanks, Jenny, for the quiz!
Best wishes and keep dreaming,
Jayne
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2006 :  10:58:11 PM  Show Profile
Isn't that perfect???? I love it.

Jenny in Utah
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2006 :  11:20:53 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Jayne and Jenny,
such fun!! Thank you both! Well on some the answers were hard for me so I did it twice once with different answers. So I am a Daffodil and or a Canna...

Hmmmmm. Anyway I enjoyed taking it very much!! Thank you!
Hugz!
Talitha

Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2006 :  4:04:25 PM  Show Profile
Mella,

You are such a sweetheart! Trading is fun, isn't it?

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2006 :  02:08:56 AM  Show Profile
Mella,
Still working on that scarf - I'll post here when I have finished!!!
Best wishes,
Jayne
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9092 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9092 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2006 :  04:32:45 AM  Show Profile
MELLA,
I sent you an e'mail.
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2006 :  04:45:41 AM  Show Profile
Mella, can I get in on a swap too! I'd love to get a teacup for my grand daughter, I have a couple of totes I can send you, or something else if you like? How sweet of you to get us such treasures, your a doll!

www.sageflowerfarm.blogspot.com

www.herbalfarmstead.blogspot.com

www.countrypleasures.motime.com
Go to Top of Page

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2006 :  12:32:42 PM  Show Profile
Mella,

I am mailing you a package containing two cookbooks today! Hopefully you will have it in a week or so.

Jo
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Anne of Green Gables treasures Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page