Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 **Welcome Wagon
 Greetings from the Tarheel State!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Greetings from the Tarheel State! Next Topic  

lizbeth
Farmgirl at Heart

7 Posts

Beth
NC
7 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2006 :  4:16:03 PM  Show Profile
I love this forum and am so attracted by the friendships y'all have formed.
I am finally posting so as I don't feel like I'm eavesdropping anymore!

I am wife to a wonderful man and homeschooling mama to three girls.
I love the smell of clothes fresh off the line, the taste of food that I have grown, and the sound of my kids laughter.
I love to sew, crochet, and read. I love reading the Bible, anything by Tasha Tudor, and the Mitford series.
We live in the country on 3 acres and are hoping to acquire more in the next few years. As for now, we are surrounded on three sides by tobacco fields and barns and that is fine by me.
My dream is for my husband to find a less stressful job and for our family to live off the land as much as possible. When my husband "catches" my dream, I'll let y'all know! Until then, I will play with my chickens and my garden and be content.
It's nice to meet y'all!

Bluewrenn
True Blue Farmgirl

1122 Posts

Erin
Texas
USA
1122 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2006 :  4:20:06 PM  Show Profile
I'm originally from Virginia and love NC... It's so pretty there! You'll find this site invaluable for not only farming topics, but also for emotional support and advice.

My Homesteading Journal
http://toomyvara.livejournal.com

My craft journal
http://bluewrenn.livejournal.com
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2006 :  4:48:38 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
Glad to have you on the forum. Have never been to NC but I have seen pictures and it looks like a beautiful place. Welcome

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe

http://sunshinescreations.blogspot.com/
http://sunshine.harbaugh.googlepages.com/home
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2006 :  5:09:47 PM  Show Profile
Welcome to the group Beth!! You sound just like one of us already...so many shared interests!! It will be so fun to get to know you!!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com

Edited by - Aunt Jenny on Aug 09 2006 5:10:27 PM
Go to Top of Page

heathert
True Blue Farmgirl

59 Posts

Heather
Royston GA
USA
59 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2006 :  5:51:28 PM  Show Profile
Hey Beth, welcome! I am looking forward to getting to know you! Keep posting!

"Go confidently in the directions of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined."-Henry David Thoreau
Go to Top of Page

Kelly43
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

NJ
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2006 :  9:00:49 PM  Show Profile
Hi Beth, it's great here. These gals have become my best friends. You will fit right in as your dreams are just like ours. Glad you decided to join us!!!
Kelly
Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2006 :  9:01:26 PM  Show Profile
Hi Beth and welcome,
Your farm sounds wonderful and like you, I am trying to convince hubbie that less money for 'stuff' and more time together is the way to go. Let us know if you manage to turn him round as maybe you can give me some ideas!
Plenty of Tasha Tudor lovers here - I have the books about her and just look at them constantly.
Best wishes and keep dreaming,
Jayne
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2006 :  9:08:46 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Beth,
So glad to have you!! And yes I agree with the girls that you fit right in!! NC is very pretty. I am partial to the west side but have seen beautiful sights throughout! I homeschool my oldest and soon my twin girls. I was homeschooled all through grade school (and back then it was not so common! ) I never knew about Tasha Tudor until Jayne mentioned it...but am going to get the books soon and can see why so many love her work! What kind of chickens do you have?

Anyway, so glad to have you! It is wonderful here!
I look forward to getting to know you better as I see you around!
Hugz!
Talitha

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

Carolinagirl
True Blue Farmgirl

486 Posts

Kim
Rutherfordton NC
USA
486 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2006 :  04:05:26 AM  Show Profile
Hi Beth! I'm also in NC, the western side, about 45 miles east of Asheville. Welcome here- you'll love it!

Kim
Go to Top of Page

lizbeth
Farmgirl at Heart

7 Posts

Beth
NC
7 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2006 :  05:28:47 AM  Show Profile
Thanks to all of you for the warm welcome. I know I'm going to like it here.
Kim, I live in the eastern part of the state about 45 minutes east of Raleigh, but absolutely love the mountains and foothills. I almost had my husband talked into moving to Marion a few months ago, but his job is keeping him here. Maybe one day...

God bless you all,
Beth
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2006 :  06:36:45 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Beth! I have a cousin that lives in Cary, NC. It is a beautiful state.
I'm still waiting for my husband to "catch" the dream as well. I wonder if it will ever happen. Till then, I just keep dreaming and plotting - Um, planning.
Look forward to hearing lots from you.

Karin
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2006 :  4:23:22 PM  Show Profile
Hi Beth,

Welcome and you will like it here so much. Glad to meet you.

Debbie

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2006 :  8:25:31 PM  Show Profile
hi beth .. welcome .. what is your most favorite tasha book?
my dearest childhood friend has a home in raleigh and a 'christmas tree farm' in creston (near boone) .. beautiful country!

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

Nance in France
True Blue Farmgirl

1438 Posts

Nancy
St. Laurent de la Salanque
France
1438 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2006 :  03:36:12 AM  Show Profile
Greetings, Beth! My mom is a Tarheel, too. My grandpa worked for the Royster Fertilizer Company years back, and ended up working for them in Norfolk, VA, which is where I am from. Last year I took early retirement from Wachovia Bank to marry my French hubby. I loved getting to go to Winston-Salem and Charlotte for training classes! Welcome to a great group of gals and I envy you your chickens....eggs and fertilizer and bug patrol in the garden (hee hee). Nance
Go to Top of Page

lonestargal
True Blue Farmgirl

607 Posts

Kristi
Texas
607 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2006 :  06:37:35 AM  Show Profile
Hi Beth and welcome!! Sounds like you have a wonderful start on your farm. I'm still waiting for my husband to give me the ok to start my animal 'collection'. We need to pay off bills before I start that endeavor. I would like to have chickens, cattle, pigs, possible goats and a miniature donkey just for fun. Glad you joined us!!
Go to Top of Page

momshopalotta
Farmgirl at Heart

9 Posts

Connie
Hertford NC
USA
9 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2006 :  12:01:48 PM  Show Profile
Welcome from a fellow Tarheel. I'm from Hertford (outside Elizabeth City), near the Virginia border. What part of the state are you from? Welcome fellow Farmgirl!!
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Greetings from the Tarheel State! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page