Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2011 :  06:55:57 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Well this morning started out much earlier than I would have liked it to- but it is a beautiful fall day and I am so thankful that the heat of summer is behind us. I am not a hot-weather gal. I enjoy it for a couple of weeks and then I am ready for our cooler weather.

I have pumpkins and watermelon in the garden and I need to lay the garden to rest. I think that will be my Friday project.

Anyone else enjoying the fall weather today?

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com

blackfell_farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

96 Posts

Casey
Chandler AZ
USA
96 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2011 :  09:08:58 AM  Show Profile  Click to see blackfell_farmgirl's MSN Messenger address  Send blackfell_farmgirl a Yahoo! Message
I too am not really a hot weather gal, but living in phoenix, I kinda have to put up with it. It was 103 on the weekend, but today it is 75, partly cloudy and WONDERFUL. That is a MAJOR cool down for us. And there was rain last night for which I am very greatful! :) I bet Billings is awsome this time of year. I honestly wish I could help you with your garden. I am stuck in a windowless cube for the moment, workin corporate america until I can - well - not do that. :)

blackfell_farmgirl

HorseCrazy!
Go to Top of Page

acairnsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

1319 Posts

audrey
cheyenne wy
1319 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2011 :  10:58:39 AM  Show Profile
You betcha I'm enjoying this beautiful fall day! I'm down in Colorado for the next 10 days and the leaves are turning golden, the air is still warm and in the 70's. But I get to walk Hobbs and hear the crunch of leaves under my feet and feel the heat of the sun on my back. HEAVEN! Later this week it's supposed to dip into the 50's and I'm looking forward to putting a jacket on when we go for our walk. Living where you do and have, you know that this time of year is to be savored to the full since it can be cut short at anytime with the dreaded "s" word!

Have a delightful day!

Audrey

Toto, we're not in Kansas any more!
Go to Top of Page

farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2011 :  10:59:46 AM  Show Profile
Well CAsey, not nearly as hot as you guys have been, but we will be at almost 90 today! ICK! So odd to have the beautiful colors all around us, the fall harvest going on...and not wanting to cook or bake any of it inside! I guess you never can tell with Minnesota, can you? ;)I'm ready for the highs in the 50s...or below!!!

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Farmgirl Sister #1086

Be yourself.
Everyone else is already taken.
-Oscar Wilde

www.farmfoodmama.blogspot.com

www.thehmmmschoolingmom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Dorinda
True Blue Farmgirl

1023 Posts

Dorinda
St. Cloud Florida
USA
1023 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2011 :  11:39:26 AM  Show Profile
I love the little bit of fall weather we are getting here. I am putting up my Halloween decorations today! Enjoying the day!

Seize The Day!
Dorinda
Go to Top of Page

CalicoCat
True Blue Farmgirl

82 Posts

April
Oakland County MI
USA
82 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2011 :  11:50:04 AM  Show Profile  Click to see CalicoCat's MSN Messenger address  Send CalicoCat a Yahoo! Message
After a very dismal number of days, this week is lovely. 40s at night, low 70s by late afternoon, with lots of sun and blue sky. We might just see 80 on Sunday, but that will probably be our only shot at an Indian summer. ;)

~April
http://aprilsatelier.wordpress.com/
Sisterhood #: 594
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2011 :  12:32:41 PM  Show Profile
LOL I was just feeling guilty for enjoying the rain that is making my husband's harvest less enjoyable!! I'm a northern gal and I don't like HOT weather for to along a time. So yes I'm enjoying the cooler weather and looking forward to snow and hot chocolate. Infact today I even turned on the fireplace (it's propane) for breakfast so we enjoyed our meal by the fire. :)

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories
Go to Top of Page

njaw09
True Blue Farmgirl

397 Posts

Annie
NJ
USA
397 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2011 :  1:03:28 PM  Show Profile
I love this type of weather. I don't like the humidity nor mosquitoes so Fall is one of my favorite season.
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2011 :  4:19:35 PM  Show Profile
It's been a drizzly grey day here, but truth is I enjoy cloudy, rainy weather too =) and I melt like a crayon in anything above 85! Pitiful, but it always makes me so happy to see autumn! The weather liars say that it'll be in the upper 60's and lower 70's on Saturday and I'm planning on going apple picking!

Hugs!

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2011 :  05:44:44 AM  Show Profile
Beautiful here also. Planning the church hayride we are hosting the 22nd. Lots of fun activities this time of year.
Go to Top of Page

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2011 :  05:51:25 AM  Show Profile
Oh look, I don't have to wash my car anymore!

Trish

Make cupcakes not war!
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2011 :  05:53:50 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Annika- We are supposed to have the same weather here for Sunday so I am going to go for a horse ride ALONE for pretty much all day. I think it will help clear my head.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Good Morning Ladies! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page