JessieMae
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Jessie
Raleigh North Carolina
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2011 :  1:07:14 PM  Show Profile
I'll be turning 35 in December, and it has me feeling pretty depressed. I mean, 35 seems OLD. 33 was still young. 34 felt older. 35 is just OLD.

For the first time, I'm starting to feel old. My knees crack when I stand up. My jaw pops when I eat chewy food. A day of hard labor = a day of aspirin and my rocking chair.

I'm also starting to look old. My pores are bigger. My face is doughier. I've got these few wild, silvery, wiry hairs growing out of my temples. Even my feet look different; they look more angular and mannish, somehow.

Adding to my depression, I'm sure, is harsh light that 35 casts on the remainder of my life. The odds of conceiving a biological child are astronomically high now, so one dream is dying. Similarly, my dreams of owning a farm, hiking the Appalachian Trail, earning another degree, starting a career, and slimming down are fading fast.

What did turning 35 do to you? Was it just another birthday? Was it the beginning, end, or somewhere in the middle for you?

Jessie Mae
Farmgirl Sisterhood #134

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2011 :  1:28:38 PM  Show Profile
35 just went right on by. You still have lots of living to do. Get over the grief. You're just beginning to live Sent from one very happy (and not old yet) 69 year old. We have our 50th wedding anniversary in March. Yay! Live it up girl!

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2011 :  4:18:44 PM  Show Profile
Oh Jessie Mae-
You are still so young! I have a full decade on you ....at the age of 45- yes I notice some of the things you mentioned happening to me physically- but I'll be darned if I'm gonna let them slow me down! In fact this past weekend, hubby and I took the kids mountain climbing and I have to say I surprised myself with what I was able to do! Remember...age is just a number...attitude is everything!!!!! You have so many many more wonderful, active years ahead of you- and you are never too old to do any of the things you set your mind to!
Smiles,

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page

pnickols
True Blue Farmgirl

808 Posts

Patricia
Parma Ohio
808 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2011 :  4:36:14 PM  Show Profile
I was okay til I turned 40, then it seemed to hit me that I was heading for middle age and beyond. It's just a time for reassessment of life and goals and what you've accomplished and what you still want to do. I like being comfortable with myself now, and I have gone back to school and work and life is pretty good
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13634 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13634 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2011 :  4:51:45 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
I don't remember much about my 30s . . or my 40s (earned both my bachelor and master degrees in my 40s while raising teenagers). I raised two kiddos, one of them with Down Syndrome, have buried both of my parents (my mom from a long battle with a type of leukemia) and my father-in-law. I've seen my daughter go through miscarriage and divorce. Have been through losing our house and everything in to an arson fire and am now the caregiver for my sister (4 years younger than I) who has been totally disabled and dependent from a terrible traumatic brain injury from a horrible horseback riding accident since May 2006.

There is a tremendous amount of LIFE in between all of that . . and when I turned 50 I felt like life was just beginning. Then when I turned 60 I KNEW I was in for a treat! I realized that I now had tremendous freedom and could just kick up my heels, laugh and ENJOY LIFE!!!!! I'm on the ride of my life! And when I slide into my grave I will still be kicking up my heels, laughing and proclaiming . . WOW, WHAT A RIDE!!!!!

My daughter will turn 40 next Sunday and she says "Bring it on!". I will turn 63 in December and I say "Thank you Lord for the gift You have given me of my life"! I have gray hair, wrinkles . . all of that. They are my REWARD for the life I have lived.
Even I have a lot of life yet to live!!!! Jessie, you still have MOST of your living ahead of you! What a gift!!!! I hope you can see it as a gift.
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

through my lens - http://ceejayscamera.shutterfly.com/

from my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com

Edited by - ceejay48 on Oct 02 2011 4:54:20 PM
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2011 :  4:56:38 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
I think it was turning 35 that hit me the worse too...but now I'm 53 and life is just beginning..so don't let it get you down...enjoy

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2011 :  5:04:59 PM  Show Profile
Jessie:
35 was the best year of my life. I refuse to let a # get me upset. Like Penny said, "Don't let it get you down".
You could be 58!!!!!! LOL
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

musicmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Wendy
Oregon
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2011 :  5:40:29 PM  Show Profile
I didn't feel it at 35, but as March is nearing, so is my 40th birthday. This birthday is definitely more of a struggle for me so a couple of friends have helped me make it a year of adventure. I'll be climbing Mt. Hood, spend a week kayaking in the San Juans. It is also our 15th anniversary so we're going to plan a nice getaway for that.

I have been overweight my entire life and have started working out with a trainer and a couple of friends. I'm heading into the next part of my life stronger than I've ever been.

My life certainly isn't what I thought it would be. Some dreams just never happened, but dreams I never even knew I dreamt have come true. It is hard getting older, but it's going to be an amazing ride!

One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.
Bob Marley

www.becomingwendy.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2011 :  6:49:52 PM  Show Profile
I remember 30 was terrible. I hid in the house all day and cried. 35 is when I finally grew up. I had DD when I was 35 also. Whoopsie! Since 35 it has only gotten better. I embrace my self and body as more of a woman. I am 100 times more confident and don't give a hoot what anyone thinks most times. If I'm middle aged then I'm darn sure and fiercely determined to enjoy the rest of the life I have left. I daily thank the Lord for all the good things in my life. Some days truly suck and I feel ugly or dumb, but the next day I feel sexy and capable. I've also learned to be content with myself and what I have. I will never accomplish every single thing I've ever wanted to do. It makes me that much pickier about the things I choose to do. I know everyone goes through this aging funk and you will come out the other side and have a wonderful bright outlook. Maybe you should treat yourself to a special gift to mark the occasion. Something you can look back on and remember as the time you were just beginning to bloom.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

sue5901
True Blue Farmgirl

122 Posts

Sue
Wellingborough
United Kingdom
122 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2011 :  03:17:56 AM  Show Profile
I think 45 was the one for me - I had become a Grandparent the year before and I was supposed to be cycling from Bejing to the Great Wall in China and had to cancel something for the first time ever due to health reasons.

It made me realise that I was getting older and could no longer kid myself I was young. Buta year later I don't give it a second thought and have realised as you get older you become free from some of the pressures you have when younger and that is a real release!!

Dance like nobody's watching!
Go to Top of Page

Hoosiermom
True Blue Farmgirl

199 Posts

Beth
Alexandria IN
USA
199 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2011 :  06:25:15 AM  Show Profile
I was good until 40. I dreaded 30 something aweful, 40 I was ok with, but it seems like once I hit 40, I think I forgot how to walk. lol I have fallen 3 times since June, two of which were pretty bad. I looked pretty beat up for a couple of weeks, bruises on my face & messed my knees up pretty bad. Still having trouble with the knees. But I have tried not to let it slow me down because I AM NOT OLD!! And at my 20 yr class reunion, there were 4 people there pregnant & since then still a few at the age of 40, so you can still conceive at 35! Get out there & don't be depressed because those are wasted days you will never get back! Enjoy life no matter what your age because you never know what day will be your last!
And remember, you are always younger than someone!! hahaha I would love to be 35 again, but since I am 40...I just have to enjoy every day & take it in stride & hopefully I can learn to pick up my feet again!lol
Go to Top of Page

LucyLobo511
True Blue Farmgirl

177 Posts

Mari-lyn
Capron IL
USA
177 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2011 :  07:41:41 AM  Show Profile
Oh the best is yet to come!!!! I am so glad to be in my 40's "I AM AN ADULT NO ONE CAN TELL ME WHAT DO OR NOT DO" I can watch tv when I want and go where ever the heck I want to go when I want to go. LOL remember when you were 16 and felt and thought about when you were older? Well you are older and now you need to get out there and enjoy it. YOU ARE AN ADULT You have earned it and You need to to embrace it.

Insane and Blissfully Happy
Mari-lyn
Go to Top of Page

LucyLobo511
True Blue Farmgirl

177 Posts

Mari-lyn
Capron IL
USA
177 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2011 :  07:44:21 AM  Show Profile
Don't forget Sunshine, vitamins & exercise are really important to good mental health.

Insane and Blissfully Happy
Mari-lyn
Go to Top of Page

njaw09
True Blue Farmgirl

397 Posts

Annie
NJ
USA
397 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2011 :  07:59:48 AM  Show Profile
I am over 35 and I don't feel old at all. I feel more confident. I could buy anything I want. I could pamper myself. When I was in my 20-33 years I feel less confident and ohhhh the pressure of this and that was insane. I could finally breathe and realize life is too short to worry. As long you feel young number is nothing.

Go to Top of Page

Dusky Beauty
True Blue Farmgirl

1108 Posts

Jen
Tonopah AZ
USA
1108 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2011 :  6:02:41 PM  Show Profile
Oh Jessie... have I got a column for you.

“I Was 37 Years Old at the Time”

by Erma Bombeck, prolific and beloved author, wife, mother, and columnist
Originally published August 7, 1976

For years, you’ve watched everyone else do it.

The children who sat on the curb eating their lunches while waiting for their bus.

The husband you put through school who drank coffee standing up and slept with his hand on the alarm.

And you envied them and said, “Maybe next year I’ll go back to school.” And the years went by and this morning you looked into the mirror and said, “You blew it. You’re too old to pick it up and start a new career.”

This column is for you.

Margaret Mitchell won the Pulitzer Prize for Fiction for Gone with the Wind in 1937. She was 37 years old at the time.

Margaret Chase Smith was elected to the Senate for the first time in 1948 at the age of 49.

Ruth Gordon picked up her first Oscar in 1968 for Rosemary’s Baby. She was 72 years old.

Billie Jean King took the battle of women’s worth to a tennis court in Houston’s Astrodome to outplay Bobby Riggs. She was 31 years of age.

Grandma Moses began a painting career at the age of 76.

Anne Morrow Lindbergh followed in the shadow of her husband until she began to question the meaning of existence for individual women. She published her thoughts in Gift From the Sea in 1955, at 49.

Shirley Temple Black was ambassador to Ghana at the age of 47.

Golda Meir in 1969 was elected prime minister of Israel. She had just turned 71.

This summer Barbara Jordan was given official duties as a speaker at the Democratic National Convention. She is 40 years old.

You can tell yourself these people started out as exceptional. You can tell yourself they had influence before they started. You can tell yourself the conditions under which they achieved were different from yours.

Or you can be like a woman I knew who sat at her kitchen window year after year and watched everyone else do it and then said to herself, “It’s my turn.”

I was 37 years old at the time.

"The greatness of a nation and it's moral progress can be judged by the way it's animals are treated." ~Gandhi
http://silvermoonfarm.blogspot.com/
"After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him. The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.” ~Will Rogers
Go to Top of Page

Okie Farm Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

1674 Posts

Mary Beth
McLoud Oklahoma
USA
1674 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2011 :  7:24:12 PM  Show Profile
Jessie, I guess I'm the REALLY old one among you! :-) I'm 57 going on 58 and I feel 18. My body ISN'T 18 and I have some physical limitations, but age is all in our heads. I barely remember 35!! And to top it all off, my son (27), just bought an airplane and is determined to make me 100 before my time!! Life is a journey, an adventure and a road to something even more beyond. We are here for a short while, but we are of such service when we make the most of every second. I understand totally your fears and your sadness about your cracking joints and changing body, but when we stop looking at our outsides and start focusing on our insides we realize how absolutely beautiful we each really are. You "are fearfully and wonderfully made. I know that full well because God's works are wonderful." You have a long life ahead of you still and though you may not meet the goals you thought you had to meet, God has a purpose for you that is so much more useful and exciting. Hope you get to feeling better. Just remember - there's always this gray-haired lady MJ sister who will always be older'n you! :-) Love and hugs!!

Mary Beth

www.OklahomaPastryCloth.com
www.Oklahomapastrycloth.com/blog
The Sovereign Lord is my strength - Habakkuk 3:19
Go to Top of Page

batznthebelfry
True Blue Farmgirl

1257 Posts

Michele
Athol Ma
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2011 :  02:57:23 AM  Show Profile
I breezed thur 35, it was turning 30 that was hard for me...I was graduating from college, no job & had just dealt with cervical cancer surgery on my birthday...Had no idea where I was going....but after a cryoing spell in the bathtub I was good.....Now at age 52 I am older than my mother who died at 51 & that sometimes freaks me out....I can't image dying that young now that I have passed her age....I am slower, somewhat quieter.....have more aches & pains but am so happy to be the age I am....mentally I am still that 14 yr old tomboy, just don't ask me to climb a tree anytime soon! :)...Michele'

Chickens rule!
The Old Batz Farm
Hen #2622
Go to Top of Page

traildancer
True Blue Farmgirl

485 Posts

Loyce
Glide OR
USA
485 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2011 :  7:05:25 PM  Show Profile
The 30's didn't bother me, even when I turned 39 and everyone thought I was lying because women always say that!

46 was hard because now I was closer to 50. But I turn 50 next Spring and it isn't so bad after all. It helps that my sister-in-law is 11 years older than me and still rides horses, sometimes on 13-hour rides!! Still packs in and spends a week camping and riding in the wilderness. Still goes deer and elk hunting. Etc., etc., etc. I know people who were still riding at 70+ and 80, sometimes with replaced knees. I want to be them, without the hassle of a replaced knee.

The trail is the thing.... Louis L'Amour
Go to Top of Page

farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2011 :  7:16:48 PM  Show Profile
This is such an inspiring post! Its awesome to hear people talk about all the things they've done, regardless of age. Shows how tough farmgirls are that they can keep on keepin' on...and age ain't nothing but a number!

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Farmgirl Sister #1086

Be yourself.
Everyone else is already taken.
-Oscar Wilde

www.farmfoodmama.blogspot.com

www.thehmmmschoolingmom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2011 :  05:32:24 AM  Show Profile
OH NO I FORGOT TO GRIEVE MY YOUTH! I'm 36. Technically, I'm old then?
I am just too busy waiting to be 40, because that's when you get all self actualized, right?

I have never cried about:
Being fat
grey hair
birth belly
bad skin
I used to have beautiful feet, but now I have a hammer toe.
I am starting to get liverspots and lots of hairy moles.
My hair is thinning in the front.

My gramma was bald and beautiful at 70. Try to see the beauty of where we are all headed. I promise you'll have a better time if you don't fight it so hard.

PS Quit looking in the mirror if it bothers you that badly!!!

Ask Ole Trish
Say it fast 10 times.

Edited by - one_dog_per_acre on Oct 05 2011 05:34:21 AM
Go to Top of Page

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2011 :  07:48:29 AM  Show Profile
I re-read this and most of your problems are fixable. Do you have an old injury? MSN, joint juice, glucosamine, that kind of thing helps my husband.

I am totally against harsh chemicals on my face, but a lot of people are not. Aubrey Org. Rose Mosqueta is really great stuff. If you don't mind, Avon Anew works like a miracle. I have huge pores, Exfoliate, get a black/wh heat remover.

Pluck your greys, or wash that grey right out of your hair. I thought that my mom didn't get grey until she was in her 50's until my baby sister told me the truth!

I have been learning tons of stuff fron youtube, there are make up tutorials that will help you. My best friend has a cleft pallette, and her friend is a makeup artist. You can't even see any scars when she is done doing the make up.

Sorry about the children issues. I know of people who got pregnant after going to accupuncture.

quote:
Originally posted by JessieMae

I'll be turning 35 in December, and it has me feeling pretty depressed. I mean, 35 seems OLD. 33 was still young. 34 felt older. 35 is just OLD.

For the first time, I'm starting to feel old. My knees crack when I stand up. My jaw pops when I eat chewy food. A day of hard labor = a day of aspirin and my rocking chair.

I'm also starting to look old. My pores are bigger. My face is doughier. I've got these few wild, silvery, wiry hairs growing out of my temples. Even my feet look different; they look more angular and mannish, somehow.

Adding to my depression, I'm sure, is harsh light that 35 casts on the remainder of my life. The odds of conceiving a biological child are astronomically high now, so one dream is dying. Similarly, my dreams of owning a farm, hiking the Appalachian Trail, earning another degree, starting a career, and slimming down are fading fast.

What did turning 35 do to you? Was it just another birthday? Was it the beginning, end, or somewhere in the middle for you?

Jessie Mae
Farmgirl Sisterhood #134

Trish

Make cupcakes not war!
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2011 :  10:25:32 AM  Show Profile
I hear you! I'm 38 and I remember turning 35 and thinking, "I'm officially middle aged" I had only been married five years and had two very young children and was very overwhelmed. But now it doesn't bother me. Live life and enjoy every stage. Yes I grieve things, like the fact that I don't have my old figure anymore. When we got married my husband told me he was getting a 30 year old mind in an 18 year old body. I've aged a lot in 8 years!!!! Giving birth truly changes your body. I say do everything you can to be healthy and enjoy where you are at. If you can't do some things anymore find other things you enjoy just as much. You still have plenty of time if you want to get degrees or have a family. My bestfriend at home is 39 and just had her first child. My husband's cousin has had two children since turning 40. You can still own your own farm, just maybe scale back what you dream of. If you wanted 160 acres with cattle maybe scale down to 5 acres with goats. I think it's all just something that you have to wrap your mind around. 40 was intimidating me. Oh gosh, 40, doesn't that just sound old? But it doesn't to me anymore. I see women who are in their 40s, 50s, 60s even 80s who are loving life and active and doing things and I think why not? With my children I am determined to enjoy every stage (although I will admit celebrating when I was done with diapers!!!!) so why shouldn't I enjoy every stage of my life too? I can't say I've got it all figured out and I'm doing it perfectly but I'm working on it. You'll be terrific!!!

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories
Go to Top of Page

acairnsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

1319 Posts

audrey
cheyenne wy
1319 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2011 :  10:51:25 AM  Show Profile
35 was nothing for me. 45? Well, that's when I started with the self doubt like you are doing. Now that I'm 56 I realize that was all bother and nonsense! Why get depressed over something you have no control over? Yes, you will have more aches and pains but believe me, life gets better. You realize a lot of what you stress over right now is total nonsense. You come to like yourself, wrinkles, gray hair and fat. Also, other women aren't as changeable or fickle as you find them now and you can actually start having great friendships with other women without fear that they will someday turn on you. Hiking the A. Trail, sure why not? Earning another degree? You seem to have more time when you are older so go for it! Starting a career, losing weight? Nothing is stoping you from acheiving those goals just because your age is xx. We all have goals no matter what our age is. Yes, conceiving gets harder the older you get but there are stories everyday of even menopausal women getting medical help and conceiving and carrying a child. If you are a Christian, the Bible is full of women "well advanced in years" who have babies. Age should be celebrated rather than feared. Our society just doesn't realize that yet. All the young women I've known who dislike(d) older women? Guess what, they will get here soon enough then the laugh will be on them! Cheer up. This forum is chock full of women "well advanced in years" who are going strong and enjoying life!

Audrey

Toto, we're not in Kansas any more!
Go to Top of Page

mickib
True Blue Farmgirl

267 Posts

Michele
Coeur d'Alene Idaho
267 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2011 :  2:44:51 PM  Show Profile
Jessie, I think everyone has times where they feel their age. Taking time to look back at your life so far and thinking about what may be ahead can give you either a sense of satisfaction or a bit of anxiety, depending on the particular aspects of your life on which you're reflecting. There are times I feel old, I look in the mirror and I'm not the girl I was at 20. At other times I feel so strong and accomplished because of the life I've lived so far, the good, and the bad, experiences I've had. I can't tell you not to feel depressed, feel how you need to feel, but don't let your age keep you from trying, and doing, and growing, and dreaming.

As far as your desire for a child, I always wanted children too. Then I married a man 16 years older than me who had been raising a family for 25 years. I knew he would be willing to raise another child if it would make me happy, but I also knew it wasn't what he really wanted. There were times when I felt a little sad about not having a child of my own, but I love the life I have right now, the way it is, even though I never did have my own child.

I used to have a long list of things I wanted to accomplish and at around 40 I felt serious anxiety. I actually felt like a failure because I wasn't the person I had set out to be. Sometime after that (I'm 47) I came to the realization that I could be happy with things just the way they are. Dreams are great if they make you happy; don't let them become a source of anxiety.

So I guess what I'm saying is, don't let that birthday get you down! The next 10 years may be better than you could ever imagine. Here's a really early Happy Birthday to you.
Go to Top of Page

birdie71
True Blue Farmgirl

254 Posts

Robin
Glendale Arizona
USA
254 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2011 :  9:04:46 PM  Show Profile  Send birdie71 a Yahoo! Message
I am Ceejay's daughter. I will be turning 40 this coming Sunday and I am SOOO thrilled!!! I have watched many lovely women (and men) older than me and I am just amazed at them. I see my getting older as a thrilling ride! I see getting older as exciting because with age comes privileges! I look forward to those! My mom and I have an older woman friend - I believe in her 80s. She is a kick! She doesn't remember many things like she use to but she laughs it off! When my mom and I visit her, we leave refreshed (with sore stomachs from laughing so much)! I admire this woman for enjoying this time in her life. So I want to enjoy each moment as it comes! I've been through and seen some things that I would not want again...but I've also been and seen some beautiful and amazing things...can't wait for more! I must say that had I known years what I would get in the past month I'm not sure I'd know what to do...don't think it would have the richness it does now! I had a miscarriage in 1999...the only time I was pregnant. It was pretty tough and yes the longing for a child...oh how it ached! That passed a few years back! I got married to a man who already had children...one of them a 10 year old boy! He's now 17! Over the years, I mothered him. It wasn't until this year that I realized he is mine! What a beautiful birthday present for me on my 40th birthday! No he isn't a brand new baby...but he's mine! I say this to say oh what joys may come with the years!!!

Robin
Farmgirl Sister #1301
Farming in the Sonoran Desert? Hmmm?!

my mama's (ceejay48) craftiness ~ www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com
my daddy's craftiness ~ www.aspenforge.com
Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2011 :  05:43:32 AM  Show Profile
30 was my hard one. I had a head trip over leaving my 20's. This Feb. I turn the big 50 and ma actually thinking it funny that I can get AARP. I plan on getting every discount offered a "senior" even if my mind tells me I am 25. There is a bible verse that says though our outward man perishes our inward man is renewed daily. Thats me! Have a great day ladies!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic What Did "35" Do to You? Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page