Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Farm Kitchen
 Article: 6 Most Horrifying Lies in Food
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Article: 6 Most Horrifying Lies in Food Next Topic  

Dusky Beauty
True Blue Farmgirl

1108 Posts

Jen
Tonopah AZ
USA
1108 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2011 :  5:08:24 PM  Show Profile
My cousin was shocked by this and posted on Facebook. I wasn't so shocked and I doubt you gals will be either.

http://www.cracked.com/article_19433_the-6-most-horrifying-lies-food-industry-feeding-you.html

"The greatness of a nation and it's moral progress can be judged by the way it's animals are treated." ~Gandhi
http://silvermoonfarm.blogspot.com/
"After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him. The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.” ~Will Rogers

Nature Girl
Farmgirl at Heart

5 Posts

Pamela
Dania Beach Florida
USA
5 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2011 :  7:08:43 PM  Show Profile
Yikes! Time to spend more time at the local farms!

"Busy Bees Make Beautiful Flowers"
Go to Top of Page

acairnsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

1319 Posts

audrey
cheyenne wy
1319 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2011 :  8:38:22 PM  Show Profile
Interesting, but man! That author needs to cut down on the swear words! Maybe someone needs to send them a thesaurus.

Audrey

Toto, we're not in Kansas any more!
Go to Top of Page

Okie Farm Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

1674 Posts

Mary Beth
McLoud Oklahoma
USA
1674 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2011 :  09:37:11 AM  Show Profile
Agreed, Audrey. Great reading, but gosh the cussing was over the top. Anyway, I am so glad that I am not using boxed products anymore and that my eggs are coming from my neighbor's chickens!! And I am really going to be working on taking more care at what I purchase.

Mary Beth

www.OklahomaPastryCloth.com
www.Oklahomapastrycloth.com/blog
The Sovereign Lord is my strength - Habakkuk 3:19
Go to Top of Page

Dusky Beauty
True Blue Farmgirl

1108 Posts

Jen
Tonopah AZ
USA
1108 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2011 :  10:19:21 AM  Show Profile
Sorry about that ladies, the author is trying to be "young, edgy and funny" Should have put in that disclaimer, I was just more focused on the content.

"The greatness of a nation and it's moral progress can be judged by the way it's animals are treated." ~Gandhi
http://silvermoonfarm.blogspot.com/
"After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him. The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.” ~Will Rogers
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Article: 6 Most Horrifying Lies in Food Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page