newheart
True Blue Farmgirl

471 Posts

Margie
Owings Mills Maryland
USA
471 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2006 :  05:08:59 AM  Show Profile
Hello! I did this wrong the first time, I evidently posted in the wrong place, sorry, my mistake

I am from Owings Mills Maryland. I love to quilt, crochet, just learning to knit, do all sorts of needlework and am an avid reader...

Married 39 years,recovery from heart attack and heart surgery (a.k.a. newheart name) 3 kids,5 grandkids..oppps one dog. thats all I can think of to say....for now..

newheart

newheart
True Blue Farmgirl

471 Posts

Margie
Owings Mills Maryland
USA
471 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2006 :  05:12:18 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by newheart

Hello! I did this wrong the first time, I evidently posted in the wrong place, sorry, my mistake

I am from Owings Mills Maryland. I love to quilt, crochet, just learning to knit, do all sorts of needlework and am an avid reader...

Married 39 years,recoverying from heart attack and heart surgery (a.k.a. newheart name) 3 kids,5 grandkids..oppps one dog. thats all I can think of to say....for now..

newheart

Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2006 :  05:53:11 AM  Show Profile
welcome margie .. i moved to kentucky from living much of my life in maryland .. most recently .. annapolis area. happy heart to you. i have lotsa' friends who are 'newhearts' .. and they are doing great! hop right in and tell us stories .. ask us questions .. jus' make yourself at home! xo, frannie

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2006 :  06:13:30 AM  Show Profile
Welcome to you, Margie...I'm across the river from you in Virginia.
You'll enjoy the forums, the camaraderie, the fun of our different barters and exchanges, tips on everything under the sun (and moon) with the farmgirls.

Look forward to hearing more about you and your farmgirl dreams or experiences.

Jo
Go to Top of Page

berries
True Blue Farmgirl

475 Posts

gloria g
Florida
USA
475 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2006 :  06:31:26 AM  Show Profile
Hi Margie, welcome! So glad to hear about your (newheart)! Thank goodness huh? Well you just stick here, and all these gals will help you to feel better! I know I have since learning about MaryJanes.

I'm a quilter, crocheter too! What are you working on? Do you like applique, paper piecing, or just speed piecing? Let us all know! We'll be looking to hearing from you, and sharing things with you.

We have a signature block exchange going on. Look for quilt #2. Sunshine is heading that up! I think you still have time to get in if you would like. We would love to have you. Won't be due back in until 1st of December or so. But feel free to join in any of the swaps, cookbooks, blocks or whatever is going on that you have an interest in!

Sending you good wishes, a speedy recovery, and farmgirl hugs from Texas!

gloria g.

strawberry fields forever and ever!
Go to Top of Page

nouveau_farmchick
True Blue Farmgirl

173 Posts

Paris
Sequim Wa
USA
173 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2006 :  06:33:54 AM  Show Profile
Glad that you joined us Margie, sounds like you have quite a family. How wonderful!
Look forward to hearing more from you and I hope that you continue to have a successful recovery!

Pennie

God bless Farmers
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2006 :  07:11:46 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Margie,
Hello again!! So glad you could join in!!This is the "bestest" place ever! So many wonderful gals with friendship, advice, laughter, concern, sharing, and tips! So pull up your seat to the puter, get comfy, and jump in where ever you like!! We are so glad to have you! and the very best on your heart! I wish you great recovery and wonderful health!!
Hugz,
Talitha from Okinawa, Japan (for the time being)

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2006 :  08:15:59 AM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
Glad you found the right spot. I do lots of stuff too. Way to many to list I hope you have fun it lokks like you have dived right in .Hope your heart heals well.
sunshine

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe

http://sunshinescreations.blogspot.com/
http://sunshine.harbaugh.googlepages.com/home
Go to Top of Page

Phils Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

1095 Posts

Ann
Parsonsburg Maryland
USA
1095 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2006 :  2:43:26 PM  Show Profile
Hello Margie,

I'm across the bay from you and a quilter/reader, too. Glad your new heart is happy! This indeed is a good place to be....Welcome!

blessings,
Ann

There is a Redeemer.
Go to Top of Page

heathert
True Blue Farmgirl

59 Posts

Heather
Royston GA
USA
59 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2006 :  2:52:57 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Margie! Looking forward to getting to know you! I just recently taught myself to knit...I love it!!

"Go confidently in the directions of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined."-Henry David Thoreau
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2006 :  3:17:57 PM  Show Profile
welcome aboard Margie!

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2006 :  8:55:16 PM  Show Profile
Hi Margie,
Welcome - I've only been here a few days myself, but I only wish I had found this girls a lot sooner!
I love quilting too - I think someone already posted this, but do join the Signature Quilt block exchange. I've never done one before, I've only got quilts I made all myself, so I can't wait. Just go to Stitching Room and it is under Signature Quilt #2.
All the best with your recovery and I'm sure all the wishes and prayers sent your way from here will help!
Best wishes and keep dreaming,
Jayne (from Australia)
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2006 :  06:38:25 AM  Show Profile
Margie- I posted a note to you under "Hi to All From Australia" before I read this one!!
Sorry.

Karin
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2006 :  4:25:14 PM  Show Profile
Hi Margie,

Welcome and glad to meet you. I've never made a quilt yet, but it's on my list of things to learn to do. You will love it here.

Debbie

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

mommom
True Blue Farmgirl

854 Posts

Susan
Lancaster Pennsylvania
USA
854 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2006 :  05:54:45 AM  Show Profile
My "heart" is praying for your "newheart". So nice to meet you. Keep writing to us. God bless!
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2006 :  07:58:39 AM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
welcom margie!
so glad you found us. i too had a heart attack mine was about 8-9 years ago, but i just had a stint no surgery. i hope you are recovering nicely, i'm so glad you found us here this is a wonderful group of farmgirls.
fran
Go to Top of Page

verbina
True Blue Farmgirl

231 Posts

randi
n.j
USA
231 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2006 :  4:10:16 PM  Show Profile
hi all, me to with the heart thing had a angeo.... when i was 39 and that was a lon g time ago. no problems so far ,but i really do watch my health. welcome marg! randi
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2006 :  5:20:15 PM  Show Profile
welcome aboard Margie!

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
Go to Top of Page

OregonGal
True Blue Farmgirl

511 Posts

Chris
No. IL
USA
511 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2006 :  12:24:22 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Margie...glad you found the site....I think most of us found it by accident while searching a topic on the net - least that's what happened to me. I am just teaching myself how to knit also out of a how to book. The poor little ball of yarn that I have been using to learn is starting to show some serious wear and tear and fraying from casting on, knitting, purling and ripping it out and starting over again. Will pray for you for health and strength. Glad to meet you - dollie making is good therapy - can't wait to see some of your future dolls.

"...a merry heart does good like a medicine, it has the power to cure."
Go to Top of Page

newheart
True Blue Farmgirl

471 Posts

Margie
Owings Mills Maryland
USA
471 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2006 :  1:54:21 PM  Show Profile
I just been browsing today and saw the YoYo clown sunshine posted,, I love it....and want to do it for my senior citzen craft table... any one with instructions.. I have to re-read something 2x's 'cause sometimes my brain is "sleeping" and don't pickup the first time around......I love this yoyo making,,,,,,thanks Sunshine

newheart...
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic new person from Maryland Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page