Page: of 2

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2011 :  6:28:24 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
I will see if I have anymore seeds, not sure which ones I may have Peggy, but will be glad to send you some....give me a day or two to go through my seeds that I've put up for next year...How many would you like?

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2011 :  6:38:22 PM  Show Profile
go girls! Just think if everyone had this bounty coming from their yards! The world would have so much more food! I have a garden, but cannot seem to post my photos here. 54 broccoli plants and large peppers in right now. Love it!

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

naturemaiden
True Blue Farmgirl

2569 Posts

Connie - Farmgirl #673
Hoosick Falls NY
USA
2569 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2011 :  02:29:38 AM  Show Profile
Penny, love the peppers
connie

http://www.naturemaiden.com/- Soap & Candle
http://modern-day-laura.blogspot.com/ -My Blog
http://www.thriftyfarmgirl.com/ -Online Thrift Shop
Go to Top of Page

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2011 :  05:56:19 AM  Show Profile
Born again farmgirl........LOVE IT!!

Trish

Make cupcakes not war!
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2011 :  11:17:36 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Thank you everyone. I love the variety of peppers and tomatoes I had this year. I am still getting peppers because I put them in pots...so they are on the porch. Love growing things..

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2011 :  11:50:15 AM  Show Profile
I can't tell you how much I enjoyed seeing other farmgirls' gardens. The produce was absolutely gorgeous. My tomatoes seemed to be starved for water this year, so I am going to do something different next year--drip irrigation for one. I hardly got a tomato for eating. I even think the volunteers did best of all this year. I had very nice Black Beauty eggplant this year, but later on I think they were too shaded. The green peppers also did very well. I think I will rearrange the garden next year. It's almost time to tear it out.

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

queenmushroom
True Blue Farmgirl

985 Posts

Lorena
Centerville Me
USA
985 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2011 :  09:53:24 AM  Show Profile
You have more out of your gardens than I did out of mine. LOL. My gardens didn't do anything. Too dry in Maine. By the time we put out our irrigation, it was too little too late. I think we need to add some lime to our beds this spring. Anyway, your produce looks great. There's always next year for us.
Man, I sound like the Boston Red Sox! LOL
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2011 :  10:38:13 AM  Show Profile
Penny...don't know how I missed your post...but yes, I would love some heirloom seeds. I will have a larger garden next season.
Still praying for my worm farm for my birthday. ha ha! I will get it...even if I have to buy myself a birthday present.

Anyway, to answer your question...not a lot of seeds but enough to get a few big plants from.

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2011 :  5:53:54 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
I will get them together for you....is it ok if I send them with your birthday card? And will still be in the apt or will you be in the house by then...??? just let me know so I can be sure I mail it to the right place

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Edited by - Acelady02 on Oct 14 2011 5:54:38 PM
Go to Top of Page

lisalisa
True Blue Farmgirl

216 Posts

Lisa
Broomall PA
USA
216 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2011 :  09:50:05 AM  Show Profile
Betty, too dry for your tomatoes? I didn't get much from my tomatoes (heirloom!) because of too much rain!
I did love seeing everyone's bounty! Beautiful photos!
Go to Top of Page

Cowgirl66092
Farmgirl in Training

30 Posts

Tracey
Wellsville Kansas
USA
30 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2011 :  2:50:53 PM  Show Profile  Send Cowgirl66092 a Yahoo! Message
SHe is just too cute!!!
quote:
Originally posted by StrawHouseRanch

Janet, tell me about your garden lady in the yellow dress. She is adorable.

Paula

Farmgirl Sister #3090
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, and Today is a Gift.

Go to Top of Page

Cowgirl66092
Farmgirl in Training

30 Posts

Tracey
Wellsville Kansas
USA
30 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2011 :  2:52:28 PM  Show Profile  Send Cowgirl66092 a Yahoo! Message
Do you start your artichoke seeds in the house? If so approx how early?

quote:
Originally posted by pegsmiles

Some of my last gleaning from the garden

My Jungle of heirloom tomatoes

my God Glow Morning Glory (my name for it) they all had that glowing center but they were purple not blue!

my "8 ball round zuchinni. They were crazy good as well as just crazy!

Just a couple of my fun pictures from the Garden. I mixed some flowers with my produce...keeps Life Fun!

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2011 :  6:05:00 PM  Show Profile
Tracey...we had a very short growing season this year because of all the rain. So most of my garden was
started by purchased plants. This was a Jerusalem Artichoke...so pretty huh? I dried one and for ornamentation with a fall display. It even looked cool dried. I pitched it though when I had to start packing to move.

Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

plantcarazy
True Blue Farmgirl

116 Posts

Jenn
Montana
USA
116 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2011 :  11:49:10 AM  Show Profile
Oh ladies, the garden pictures are so beautiful! Isn't it wonderful to bite into your own tomatoes? So much better than 'storematoes'! Carrots too, they are so sweet and wonderful! Winter conditions have officially arrived here yesterday with the first hard freeze so my garden is now sleeping (except the carrots which I dig up as long as the ground will allow me to). So now I will look back on all of your beautiful harvest pictures and reminisce, and leaf through my plant journal and start planning for next year!

......Born again Farmgirl
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Garden Gate: Previous Topic Harvest pictures Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page