Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Family Matters
 How do you encourage an old friend when...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Family Matters: Previous Topic How do you encourage an old friend when... Next Topic  

Dusky Beauty
True Blue Farmgirl

1108 Posts

Jen
Tonopah AZ
USA
1108 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2011 :  08:16:19 AM  Show Profile
I recently started getting back in touch on facebook with one of my old best friends. She married a guy she dated for a couple years in high school, then they broke up and I guess got back together a few years ago.
She's pregnant with her first child and mentioned the fact that they are on the outs, and he's not at all happy about the pregnancy.

I don't know what to say at all to lift her up. I'm certainly not falling into the trap of bashing on the guy, I'm not convinced he isn't going to make a complete about face once he sees that baby girl look at him. As I understand it that's "the moment" for bonding dads.

I don't really know what to say to her to cheer her up that will come off as sincere, or what to say that she really needs to hear right now.
I'm praying her stupid hubby sees the light, anyway.
"The greatness of a nation and it's moral progress can be judged by the way it's animals are treated." ~Gandhi
http://silvermoonfarm.blogspot.com/
"After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him. The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.” ~Will Rogers

Edited by - Dusky Beauty on Sep 26 2011 4:08:01 PM

njaw09
True Blue Farmgirl

397 Posts

Annie
NJ
USA
397 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2011 :  5:11:40 PM  Show Profile
Just ask her if she needs anything and let her speak out of her own terms. Sometimes words can harm more...action is much more appreciated. If you and her lived closed by hang out with her and pamper her or surprise her with some kind of goodies and say "thinking of you". Goodies don't have to be for an occasion it can be for no reason at all too. Never talk or bring up the husband unless she is the one.
Go to Top of Page

Dusky Beauty
True Blue Farmgirl

1108 Posts

Jen
Tonopah AZ
USA
1108 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2011 :  7:04:32 PM  Show Profile
She works nights stocking at WalMart and gets off in the morning. I got her number and am going to start calling her once a week after I put kids on the bus, just to listen.

"The greatness of a nation and it's moral progress can be judged by the way it's animals are treated." ~Gandhi
http://silvermoonfarm.blogspot.com/
"After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him. The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.” ~Will Rogers
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2011 :  9:13:46 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Jen, I think that sounds like just what she really needs, someone to talk to...good luck

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
Go to Top of Page
  Family Matters: Previous Topic How do you encourage an old friend when... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page