Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise
 How do you explain MJF to others?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise: Previous Topic How do you explain MJF to others? Next Topic  

walkinwalkoutcattle
True Blue Farmgirl

1675 Posts

Megan
Paint Lick KY
USA
1675 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2011 :  1:42:57 PM  Show Profile
I say that MJF is the ultimate "Green Renaissance Woman". That's the shortest explanation I can sum her up in. Many times people ask me about her-whether it's from the bumper sticker, the shirt, the magazine, or they ways I've become for self-sufficient.

How do you explain MJF? I usually end up mentioning the farm, the mill, forum, and how I'm dying to visit the B&B.

Farmgirl #2879 :)
Starbucks and sushi to green fried tomatoes and corn pudding-I wouldn't change it for the world.
www.cattleandcupcakes.blogspot.com

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2011 :  2:38:55 PM  Show Profile
Being progressive by looking back at what our foremothers did.

Trish

Make cupcakes not war!
Go to Top of Page

grammytammy
True Blue Farmgirl

585 Posts

Tamara
Binghamton ny
USA
585 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2011 :  3:16:58 PM  Show Profile
Trish, I love that..

FarmGirl 2495
God loved us so much He gave His only son to die in our stead.
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13640 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13640 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2011 :  06:22:39 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
"A girl after my own heart"!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

From my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2011 :  06:00:23 AM  Show Profile
BUMP Mrs. Lynch?

Trish

Make cupcakes not war!
Go to Top of Page

walkinwalkoutcattle
True Blue Farmgirl

1675 Posts

Megan
Paint Lick KY
USA
1675 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2011 :  1:39:29 PM  Show Profile
Make cupcakes not war. Love it!

Starbucks and sushi to green fried tomatoes and corn pudding-I wouldn't change it for the world.
Go to Top of Page

missusprim
True Blue Farmgirl

400 Posts

Karen
Fostoria Ohio
USA
400 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2011 :  06:10:23 AM  Show Profile
Good question! I think 'we' are in the minority but getting 'bigger in our britches' each day by word of mouth, economy, etc. A GOOD thing for sure. I feel less and less conscientious about explaining my bumper sticker and prouder of what I stand behind.

I say that MJF is all about getting back to a simpler way of life that my Grandmothers lived by; but that I do it because it feels much more natural, 'right', and cost effective to boot. Each time I hang my clothes out I know my Mom, Grandmother, and so on did the very same thing many moons ago. It's a way to touch back into their hearts and for that I feel P R O U D !!!

Farmgirl Sister #2984

"Animals are such agreeable friends - they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms." George Eliot

http://farmchicatheart.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2011 :  07:36:19 AM  Show Profile
Trish I really like your explanation. It's like figuring out how to do things a "new way" that works better by looking back at what our grandmothers and great grandmothers already knew! :)

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Farmgirl Sister #1086

Be yourself.
Everyone else is already taken.
-Oscar Wilde

www.farmfoodmama.blogspot.com

www.thehmmmschoolingmom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Gladstone Mi.
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2011 :  10:11:09 AM  Show Profile
I am having a hard time with this one. I cannot put the bumper sticker on the car. I have been teased so much about Mary Jane. I never knew it meant marajuana(spelling). So, now if I mention anything about farmgirl, people think I am in some kind of drug farming club. Nobody understands. My husband thinks it is maybe a cult of some type, so now I keep to myself and do my own thing and wear my MJF tee shirts I made and my necklace with pride, and people, even strangers can laugh all they want. I think it would be impossible to start a chapter here in this are of the country. Too many druggies live here!!!!! I am way to dumb when it comes to drugs. Don't even know what it looks like.

Jan

Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2011 :  10:27:53 AM  Show Profile
Where's Alee?

Trish

Make cupcakes not war!
Go to Top of Page

farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2011 :  11:10:08 AM  Show Profile
Holy Moly Jan, I never even thought of that - the drug reference. Oh well. People can think what they want, I suppose. We all know what it means!

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Farmgirl Sister #1086

Be yourself.
Everyone else is already taken.
-Oscar Wilde

www.farmfoodmama.blogspot.com

www.thehmmmschoolingmom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Gladstone Mi.
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2011 :  11:28:25 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Amy, I love being a farmgirl and never knew any of the other stuff, but I am very glad to be here with all of you and able to get back to basics and enjoy what I am doing. I am working hard on my merit badges and will continue to do so. I love all of this!!!

Jan

Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13640 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13640 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2011 :  3:46:52 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
I have my bumper sticker inside the back of the rear window . . I've seen people stop and look. I don't let it bother me!!
But I do understand the issue. We had kids bring "mary jane" to school (middle school) and with serious consequences.
Hang in there Jan!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

through my lens - http://ceejayscamera.shutterfly.com/

from my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Gladstone Mi.
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2011 :  3:52:13 PM  Show Profile
Thanks, CeeJay. I am going to stick to my guns and not let anyone get me depressed about this. I love being able to do all of this. I spent 2 1/2 years in a wheelchair and 3 replacements in 16 months and now after 2 years I can finally garden and do things again. It is like a second life for me and I love being "free" to do things, even shovel snow!!!!! I am a farmgirl all the way!!!!

Jan

Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

walkinwalkoutcattle
True Blue Farmgirl

1675 Posts

Megan
Paint Lick KY
USA
1675 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2011 :  6:47:11 PM  Show Profile
Man, you know, I've heard people kinda say "MaryJane? Like weed?" and I always laugh and say "You know it was a real NAME before the druggies took it?!" Mainly I tell people to check out the website for more information. Many people around here are either familiar with her OR her magazine anyway.

Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2011 :  6:43:47 PM  Show Profile
I tell everyone about MJF. It is amazing how many totally relate to the movement of getting back to the farm, to simple living....I think it is only just the beginning of her legacy of doing it right.

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2011 :  7:35:34 PM  Show Profile
I wear my sisterhood pendant a lot and always get good comments on it, people around here anyway seem very open to the ideas of simple, frugal and healthy living, recycling and growing your own food, raising your own animals, using your creativity & skills to make yours and others lives better. While not every gets organic or non-gmo, and will argue for these things, Idahoans have a bit of an independent spirit, and can appreciate some one like MaryJane and all that she does. It's the can-do spirit that she has that I love, besides her being one swell lady. So I explain MJF as a world wide group of like minded women who either get together on line at the MJF forum and/or form a group of local women to share things as diverse as self-sufficiency to truck repair to photography to making hats for cancer patients etc. Being a "Farmgirl" is a condition of the heart, a fire to live a fuller life more connected to the earth and the will to make it happen! It doesn't matter whether you have 3'000 acres or just a nice windowsill to keep plants on. We are all farmgirls at heart

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

http://pinterest.com/annikaloveshats/

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page
  **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise: Previous Topic How do you explain MJF to others? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page