Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Whimsy Jar -don't send unless you have heard from
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Whimsy Jar -don't send unless you have heard from Next Topic
Page: of 7

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2011 :  3:11:13 PM  Show Profile
Where in Oregon? I am from Rogue River :)
quote:
Originally posted by pinokeeo

This sounds like a fun swap. I've only done one other whimsy swap and had a blast doing it. Sign me up.

My list: Frogs, turtles, dragonflies, cats, blue, game board pieces, marbles, gardening themes, archery, music related things, rich dark chocolate, Snickers bars, magnets, shadowbox creatures, fun pens, Celtic designs, small rubber balls, vintage items, pinocchio related things, wood thread spools and leather.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I cannot master those things that I have not tried.

check out my artfire: http://www.artfire.com/users/PiNOKEEOs

Trish

Make cupcakes not war!
Go to Top of Page

pinokeeo
True Blue Farmgirl

559 Posts

Phyllis
Oregon
USA
559 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2011 :  3:26:27 PM  Show Profile
Just west of Salem. We live in a small community in the Southeast corner of Yamhill County.

Where is Rogue River?

Edited by - pinokeeo on Sep 23 2011 3:27:29 PM
Go to Top of Page

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2011 :  4:06:30 PM  Show Profile
Near Grants Pass.

Trish

Make cupcakes not war!
Go to Top of Page

pinokeeo
True Blue Farmgirl

559 Posts

Phyllis
Oregon
USA
559 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2011 :  5:18:44 PM  Show Profile
In the Siskiyous. Do you like living in Washington better? My son lives in Tumwater.

Go to Top of Page

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2011 :  7:49:17 PM  Show Profile
I like it better here, but my immediate family is there. Living here, you can have a job no matter what. Josephine County was the poorest county in Oregon when I lived there last. If I could live anywherre, it would be Northern California. We lived in Really N. Idaho for three years, we've been back a year. Really North Idaho is the most beautiful of all the places I've lived.

I have been going on small adventures to Olympia area lately. It's a nicer pace than driving the other way to Seattle for adventure, especially with a 4 y/o.

What is your town called? I lived most of my adult life in Portland. Silverton is my most favorite old west town.

Trish

Make cupcakes not war!
Go to Top of Page

J.F. Brown
True Blue Farmgirl

130 Posts

Jamie
Beaverton OR
USA
130 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2011 :  8:30:01 PM  Show Profile
Hey, all, I am absolutely in!
I like chocolate, live on and for strong black coffee, knitting, sewing, gardening, reading,music (so jazzed to see someone likes Grisman!)making all kinds of stuff... I like to can, freeze, bake, and I love my chainsaw!
Nice to see other Northwestern farmgirls here!
Go to Top of Page

pinokeeo
True Blue Farmgirl

559 Posts

Phyllis
Oregon
USA
559 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2011 :  10:00:20 PM  Show Profile
We live in Hopewell. Don't know too many folks who have ever heard of it unless they lived close by.

We lived for many years in Portland before we found our slice of Eden here. We have a couple of acres and grow most of our own food, or trade for what we don't have.

I don't know much about Silverton except that I get lost every time I go there. I don't see the old west connection, but I haven't explored the area much either.

So Bonnie Lake is near Olympia or Seattle? We were up there a couple of months ago. Took the grandkids on a train ride, left them with their dad, and went on to Seattle for an adventure.

Go to Top of Page

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2011 :  06:27:53 AM  Show Profile
I am inbetween Seattle and Tacoma, towards Mt Rainier. I'm near the road to Yakima.
Silverton doesn't have any buildings over four stories, I don't think. I guess I feel like it's the closest thing to Jacksonville, OR, that is close to PDX. It feels wholesome maybe? No graffiti, people say hello walking on the street.
I lived in the Hollywood District when I would go there.

Hi Jamie,
Beaverton has the best farmer's market!!! Warm tortillas :) I lived in Hillsdale, and the last place I lived in PDX was Bethany. Do you remember Nature's. I used to work there. Beaverton has the best Uuwajamaya. Abaruchi's is really good Indian food, and super nice folks. OMG I need to see my BFF. SHe lives in Corbett, and she is a lurker. Which is silly because she is a chicken resource. HI KARLA
DAVID GRISMAN IS TOURING NEXT MONTH. And I can't go. Boo Hoo. It's too far. That's Ok though because after I saw Jerry Garcia, he croaked.

Trish

Make cupcakes not war!
Go to Top of Page

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2011 :  07:02:02 AM  Show Profile
this sounds so fun but i am afraid to overextend right now-maybe if there is a next round?!

Farmgirl # 2139
proud member of the Farmgirls of the Southwest Henhouse
~*~ counting my pennies and biding my time; my dreams are adding up!~*~
Go to Top of Page

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2011 :  07:17:14 AM  Show Profile
on second thought- with a dec 1 mail out-sign me up please!
i'll edit my post later -when not at work- to list my likes! sounds fun!!!!!

Farmgirl # 2139
Go to Top of Page

grammytammy
True Blue Farmgirl

585 Posts

Tamara
Binghamton ny
USA
585 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2011 :  10:06:30 AM  Show Profile
Good for you PennyWise

FarmGirl 2495
God loved us so much He gave His only son to die in our stead.
Go to Top of Page

IdahoShamrock
True Blue Farmgirl

161 Posts

Kathy
Hayden Idaho
USA
161 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2011 :  10:26:05 AM  Show Profile
I would love to join it! I am a big Chris Isaak fan, love Ry Cooder and Lyle Lovett,flowers,coffee,gardening,reading and books, red wine, homemade soap,well loved dishtowels,scrapbooking/cardmaking,baking and when I am done with all of that, gardening some more!

And Trish, N Idaho is beautiful all over! Where is Really? I have never heard of it.

Farmgirl #2125

www.dustbincards.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2011 :  2:15:03 PM  Show Profile
Really N. Idaho is basically Sandpoint and north. Bonner and Boundary county. I feel like it gets a little arid towards spokane. The whole world is beautiful all over, it's just my opinion.
quote:
Originally posted by IdahoShamrock

I would love to join it! I am a big Chris Isaak fan, love Ry Cooder and Lyle Lovett,flowers,coffee,gardening,reading and books, red wine, homemade soap,well loved dishtowels,scrapbooking/cardmaking,baking and when I am done with all of that, gardening some more!

And Trish, N Idaho is beautiful all over! Where is Really? I have never heard of it.

Farmgirl #2125

www.dustbincards.etsy.com

Trish

Make cupcakes not war!
Go to Top of Page

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2011 :  2:17:56 PM  Show Profile
In typical Trish fashion, I bought the first thing for my jar, and it didn't fit. But now I know that I would be fabulous at building a ship in a bottle!

Trish

Make cupcakes not war!
Go to Top of Page

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2011 :  3:56:02 PM  Show Profile
ok-what do i like? what don't i like would be easier!
what fits in the jar?

i love dark rich coffee, earl grey tea, sugar free gum and candy, cinnamon and nutmeg type flavors and fragrances.--oh-choclate!dark chocolate mostly-almonds, peanuts, pistachios,jerky, m & m's, raisins,pumpkin....bananas,apples
i love sewing things-trims, laces, ricracs, buttons--oooo i love buttons....yo yo's, fabric flowers, anything vintage, doilies, ribbons, i embroider , cross stitch,and loom knit; do some quilting and want to learn to tat
stickers, note paper emery boards, hankies,hearts, cabbage roses, sunflowers,stars,pens ( i am a freak about pens!), any minis ( i hope to build a doll house for me someday!!!!!),old post cards, i collect thimbles and spoons
fall is my fave season Christmas is my fave holiday
fairies and trolls
tinkerbelle and dumbo and bambi-Bambi and Wizard of Oz are my fave movies so anything to do with them=ladiebuggs, teddy bears
blue-navy and royal, red, brown & pink combinations,burgundy is my fave color- i wear sterling silver -have pierced ears,love bracelets and rings;blue jeans and pearls kinda gal
love puzzles, tea pots and cups, reading-historical fiction -
dish towels, aprons, ivy
i'm a geneaolgist, college student and a gramma
Beatles, Johnny Mathis old rock n roll, instrumental=piano, pan flute

there has to be something there that could work!!!!

Farmgirl # 2139

Edited by - Penny Wise on Sep 24 2011 4:07:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

cheryl keyes
True Blue Farmgirl

468 Posts

cheryl
millinocket maine
USA
468 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2011 :  5:43:53 PM  Show Profile
Hi girls i would love to be in this swap sounds delish.. i love any kind of junk,reading, letters numbers jewels gradening traveling beads buttons fabric birds pencils paper pics old photos antiques ANYTHING I LOVE STUFF. LET me know who my partner is and what and whne to do it. thanks cheryl
Go to Top of Page

luckilady
True Blue Farmgirl

113 Posts

Jennifer
Loxahatchee Fl
USA
113 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2011 :  10:28:21 AM  Show Profile
Please sign me up too! I love shabby chic anything, victorian anything, love pretty ribbon, beading supplies, paper crafting supplies, metal stampings, really anything old and vintage. My favorite colors are silver, and pastels. I collect shells, big vintage buttons, and pretty floral fabric, and tea anything :) This will be so much fun!

~Jennifer

Life is 10% of what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. ~ John Maxwell

Farmgirl Sister #3375
Go to Top of Page

JessieLovesToCraft
True Blue Farmgirl

115 Posts

Jessie
Loxahatchee FL
USA
115 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2011 :  1:11:14 PM  Show Profile
sign me up please :)

likes: yellow, anything fall (orange, scarecrows, pumpkins...), crafting, starbucks, reading, ladybugs, flowers, the sun, swimming, puppies and kittens, gilmore girls, food!, quotes, jokes, family, friends, mary jane farmgirls, outdoors :)

can't wait to get my partner and to start!

Farmgirl Sister #3404
Jessie

A wise girl knows her limits, but a real girl realizes she doesn't have any!
Go to Top of Page

Pedro
Farmgirl in Training

45 Posts

Diana
Bremen Ohio
USA
45 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2011 :  4:12:01 PM  Show Profile
Count me in. I love just about anything. But here are some of those things......chickens, jack russell terriers, goats. Dark chocolate, tea,honey, boyds bears(love the xmas ornaments), EAPG, oil lamps, wine, candles(vanilla and spicy). Vintage anything including brooches, bracelets, linens, etc.Gardening, old cookbooks, minis for my dollhouse.Love big band music, Louie Armstrong, CCR, the Eagles, John Lee Hooker, Kentucky Headhunters. Love handmade soaps, dish cloths........Love Autumn and love Christmas. Reading the Elm Creek Quilt series(have read the 1st&2nd one and looking for more, James Patterson, Dean Koontz, Anne Rice, Stephen King and anything good.Have pierced ears. Like earthy colors and scents.

Di@ShadyPines

Edited by - Pedro on Sep 25 2011 4:15:06 PM
Go to Top of Page

cynfullypurple
True Blue Farmgirl

190 Posts

Cynthia
Endwell NY
USA
190 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2011 :  08:43:14 AM  Show Profile
Ok, after giving it some thought I just have to join in on this one

So a few of my favorite things would be: First and foremost just about anything if it's purple, dragonflys, butterflies, buttons, lace, goats, teddy bears, star & moon things, Yankee candles (my favorite Christmas one is Home for Holidays), embordiery, old books, alpaca fiber, vintage but really like 30's, 40's & 50's, DARK CHOCOLATE, earrings, black tea, marbles (to help replace the ones I keep loosing), Irish/Celtic music and old watch pieces and or jewelry to use for collages and roses to name but a few!

@ IdahoShamrock: You're absolutely right about Idaho. Beautiful no matter where you go. My one brother lives in Cascade and my other brother & mom are in Nampa. Was trying to find a job and move out there, but God has decided to keep me in NY for a few more years by putting me in a new job as a Library Director of a small community library! I start my first day tomorrow after being out of work for 2 years & 3 months...GOD IS GREAT!!!!!!!!

Cyn~
Farmgirl #2817

"The time is when a library is a school, and the librarian is in the highest sense a teacher, and the visitor is a reader among the books as a workman among his tools." ~Melvil Dewey

Edited by - cynfullypurple on Nov 06 2011 4:17:43 PM
Go to Top of Page

coaloha
True Blue Farmgirl

502 Posts

Pam

USA
502 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2011 :  09:30:07 AM  Show Profile  Send coaloha an AOL message
I am in on this one...sounds like fun!

Hummm, what do I like? My favorite colors are blue and yellow. I like farmhouse primitive and victorian things. Gardening, roses, sunflowers, flowers in general, butterflies, ladybugs, bees, cats, dogs, rabbits, chickens, wild birds and wild animals, dolphins, Colorado, Hawaii, lace, quilt scraps, Snoopy and the Charlie Brown gang, oceans, beaches, rivers, shells, feathers, rocks, babies, chocolate, sketching, reading for pleasure, writing and receiving letters, family, nests, Home, hiking, friendship, celtic, hula, country music, sunshine, clouds, psychology (studying that right now).....Life itself!

It was refreshing to sit for a moment and think about all of these wonderful things. Have a good day, Everyone!

Pam

Pam Barnes-Palty
Phoenix, AZ
Farmgirl #1075
Happy member of the Southwest Henhouse

Be distracted by joy
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Julie
Medina ND
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2011 :  09:36:43 AM  Show Profile
I told myself not another swap, but I can't help myself so count me in.

I like STUFF, sparkly stuff, pretty stuff, button stuff, ribbon stuff, fabric, yarn and embroidery stuff. Stickers, notecards and notepaper stuff. Coffee, tea and candy stuff. Candles, soybeads and smell good stuff. I love the color green and crafting with all of the above STUFF. I love gardening, my critters and when I can find it a quite corner to read where my husband can't find me :) to ask me to do stuff for him. This will be fun.

Julie

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2011 :  2:10:35 PM  Show Profile
I need one more for an even #

Anyone?

Trish

Make cupcakes not war!
Go to Top of Page

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2011 :  2:31:34 PM  Show Profile
Sorry I had to end the sign ups early, I am having computer problems and am doing this while everything still sort of works.

Trish

Make cupcakes not war!
Go to Top of Page

buzzn bee
True Blue Farmgirl

1061 Posts

Deborah
Muncie Indiana
USA
1061 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2011 :  3:14:48 PM  Show Profile
Trish,

I have sent an e-mail to my partner Catherine L.
This swap is going to be so much fun!

Thanks for organizing this swap. We farmsisters are
so blessed with such wonderful swap hostesses.

Blessings in a big farmgirl way!

Deborah
Buzzn Bee
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Whimsy Jar -don't send unless you have heard from Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page