Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Whimsy Jar -don't send unless you have heard from
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Whimsy Jar -don't send unless you have heard from Next Topic
Page: of 7

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2011 :  5:42:26 PM  Show Profile
At this point, don't send it, unless you have heard from your partner!!!

You would fill a QUART canning jar with little gifts related to your farmgirl partner's likes and hobbies ex: I like things that are lucky, polka dots, buddhas, magnets, paper crafting, teapots, 50's housewives, turtles, herbs, flowers, cherries, oranges, strawberries, orange and turquiose, dark chocolate,candles, old cheesey robots, wizard of oz, buttons, beads, toiletries from France, and stuff that is shiny or sparkles.

If you google whimsy jar you will see an example, also there some pics on a previous Whimsy Jar Swap strings.

Please post here to sign up for the swap, DON'T FORGET TO POST LOTS OF YOUR LIKES! After assigning partners, I will let you contact eachother for addresses.

You must mail your Whimsy QUART jar to your partner by December 1st.

Swappers must live in the USA or Canada.
Swappers are encouraged to add delivery confirmation or tracking to packages.
Swappers are encouraged to take and post photos of what they send and receive.

Trish

Make cupcakes not war!

Marilyn-TansyShy
Tara-Jessi Lynn
Farmmilkmama-Calico Girl
Brenda Peterson-Pinokeeo
Joey-JF Brown
4everbooks-Sue Feely
Alterations byemily- Penny Wise
ptroupe-grammytammy
buzznbee-Catherine L
springdoeling-Idaho Shamrock
Cheryl Keyes-luckilady
cynfullypurple-Jessielovestocraft
Cohaloa-Pedro
Treelady-one_dog_per_acre

Edited by - one_dog_per_acre on Nov 17 2011 04:07:00 AM

edlund33
True Blue Farmgirl

1496 Posts

Marilyn
Renton WA
USA
1496 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2011 :  8:09:41 PM  Show Profile
Hi Trish, this sounds really fun. Please sign me up!

I'll think about this some more but off the top of my head: beads, buttons, glass marbles, elegant & depression glass, stickers, stamps, purple, blue, brown, green, milk chocolate, international travel, maps, ribbons, lace, doilies, hummingbirds, bird houses & nests, honey & bees, nature, paper crafts, flowers, vintage kitchen & laundry antiques, gardening, baking, hiking, books, calendars, needle felting, natural fibers, fairies, gnomes, mushrooms, chickens & roosters, fiddle, music (classical, country, 80's rock, heavy metal & Nickelback) old trucks & tractors.....

Cheers! ~ Marilyn

Farm Girl No. 1100

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Edited by - edlund33 on Sep 22 2011 7:20:11 PM
Go to Top of Page

Sweet_Tea
True Blue Farmgirl

194 Posts

Tara
Newberry SC
USA
194 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2011 :  06:29:38 AM  Show Profile
OOh I like this idea.. I want to sign up for this :)

I love, turquoise, horses, chickens, birds, red, cooking, autumn, pumpkins, gardening, flowers (especially sun flowers), buttons, lace, orange, anything that sparkles.. that's all I can think of right now..

Farmgirl Sister #2974
~ http://notsosweettea.blogspot.com/

"The air of heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears"
Go to Top of Page

farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2011 :  06:47:38 AM  Show Profile
Love this idea! Sign me up!

I love fun pens (for writing), earthy colors and scents, dark chocolate, peanut butter, sewing/crocheting, yarn, coffee/tea, baking, Amish, old farmhouse stuff, autumn, stars, quotes, candles, cool rocks/stones/crystals, bluegrass, Celtic...that's it off the top of my head. :)

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Farmgirl Sister #1086

Be yourself.
Everyone else is already taken.
-Oscar Wilde

www.farmfoodmama.blogspot.com

www.thehmmmschoolingmom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

BrendaPetersen
Farmgirl in Training

22 Posts

Brenda
Stapleton Nebraska
USA
22 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2011 :  09:17:57 AM  Show Profile
How much fun! Sign me up too. My daughter and I will be doing this together so we combined our lists, so that's why it's a bit random. (Trish, if we end up with an odd number of swap sisters we would happily do two jars.)

Some of the things we love: buttons, mismatched jewelry, keys with no locks, locks with no keys, old pins, balls, dogs, gardening, vintage things, sparkles!, stickers, appliqué, shadow box creatures, music, flowers, old farm house things, old black and white movies, books, beads, ribbon, purple, yellow, sunflowers, butterflies, coffee, tea, old board games, card games, crosswords, and GLITTER...so much glitter!! <3

"be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor the devil says - ah crap SHE'S up!!!"

www.allingoallout.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

foreverbooks
True Blue Farmgirl

514 Posts

Carole
Tombstone AZ
USA
514 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2011 :  10:51:27 AM  Show Profile
This swap sounds fun! Please sign me up for it.

I like bright colors, buttons and beads, ribbons and lace, pins, black tea and tea cups, candles, angels, paper crafting, maps, books, yarn and fiber...And these are few of my favorite things.

Carole
Arizona Farmgirl Sister #2556

Edited by - foreverbooks on Sep 22 2011 3:13:09 PM
Go to Top of Page

Catherine L
True Blue Farmgirl

408 Posts

Cathy
Newton Texas
USA
408 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2011 :  3:01:03 PM  Show Profile
I would like to sign up. I like pink, blue, yellow, bees, flowers, sugarfree gum, lace, pins, fancy paper clip, stickers, pens, notepads, old stuff, new stuff, any stuff.

~Catherine~
Farmgirl 2428 http://www.my-fairhaven.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2011 :  4:02:01 PM  Show Profile
Hey Gals thanks for taking part. I just realized that most of my stuff is food related :O I also play guittar and bake. Oh no. I mostly listen to Indigo Girls and Ella Fitzgerald. I am currently praying for whirled peas and a crafty chick friend that likes curry and Jane Austin..

This is fun just getting to know everyone a little better.

WHAT IS A SHADOW BOX CEATURE? Is it when dust bunny loves a spider very much?

Trish

Make cupcakes not war!
Go to Top of Page

BrendaPetersen
Farmgirl in Training

22 Posts

Brenda
Stapleton Nebraska
USA
22 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2011 :  4:07:58 PM  Show Profile
HAHA!! Emma (my DD) wondered how long it would take for someone to ask about the Shadow Box Creatures! My mother has an old antique shadow box with all sorts of teeny tiny little animals in it. Magnetic Scottie Dogs, a tiny horse, a frog with purple eyes.... Emma has been fascinated with the creatures since she was very small, BUT...I especially love your definition - we have plenty of dust bunnies and probably a host of spiders around, so I could let you know what the outcome looks like :P -- (FYI Trish - I ADORE Ella Fitzgerald, curry and Jane Austin!)

"be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor the devil says - ah crap SHE'S up!!!"

www.allingoallout.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2011 :  4:19:33 PM  Show Profile
Trish - I had to giggle, we love curry. I love Ella Fitzgerald and also the Indigo Girls. AND I play guitar! :) Shadow Box creatures sound very cute!

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Farmgirl Sister #1086

Be yourself.
Everyone else is already taken.
-Oscar Wilde

www.farmfoodmama.blogspot.com

www.thehmmmschoolingmom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

alterationsbyemily
True Blue Farmgirl

686 Posts

Emily
Thomasville PA
USA
686 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2011 :  5:21:13 PM  Show Profile
Sign me up please!

My likes are SEWING, Pink, White, Purple, hats, old things, lace, stamping things and tiaras

---
Farmgirl #2951
Currently renting-farmgirl wannabe
Go to Top of Page

Jessi Lynn
True Blue Farmgirl

144 Posts

New York
USA
144 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2011 :  5:56:18 PM  Show Profile
Im in!
This sounds so fun.

reading/gardening/horses/archery/anything outdoorsy/crafty stuff ie: ribbons, buttons, pom poms etc./glass marbles/card games/baking/aprons/costume jewlery/scarves/dress hats/cowboy boots/old time movie mysteries/cowboy movies ie:roy rogers and john wayne
new interests:
learning to quilt/going to take a crochet class (always wanted to learn to make socks)/started a fencing class
Favorite color(s):
Orange= red + yellow
Favorite flowers:
lilies/roses/sunflowers
Favorite era:
tie between the 40's and 60's
Go to Top of Page

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2011 :  6:14:44 PM  Show Profile
What kind of old things? My 23 y/o sister thinks I'm an old thing. I'm 36. I tell people I'm 45, and they say, you look good.

Amy please tell me you like David Grisman and his friends. Google Oregon Country Fair. If your jaw drops in a good way, we can be friends forever. I saw the greatest pendant the other day. It said, When we first met, you said: You are the strangest person I've ever met. I said: You too. We decided to be friends for a long time.

PS I totally dig your band. Around here, we sing Walking After Midnight, and the Hammer Song. They call me the Four Chord Wonder.

Brenda, I think it's maybe Indonesian or Balinese, but they have awesome shadow puppets, that you and DD should check out.

Trish

Make cupcakes not war!
Go to Top of Page

TansyShy
True Blue Farmgirl

100 Posts

Joanna
Wasilla AK
USA
100 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2011 :  6:37:17 PM  Show Profile  Send TansyShy an AOL message  Click to see TansyShy's MSN Messenger address  Send TansyShy a Yahoo! Message
I think I want to sign up for this one too! Its funny how I can go weeks without doing swaps and then suddenly, boom! I want to do loads!

My likes are as following;
1940s music, classical cds, 1940s vintage house hold things, american girl odds and ends. pink anything pink, pretty and frilly things, lace, buttons, pens, 1930s anything, pretty paper things for scrapbooks. Cute things, beads, dolly clothing for 18' dolls, bunnies, kittens, cute key chains and magnets, tiny stuffed animals and starburst, postcards and crochet things, as well as Victorian things.

PS. I love this idea and may have to do it for Christmas presents this year!

Farm girl Sister #907

http://joannasmusings.blogspot.com/

Crayola skies for a thousand miles.
~Charmed Life~
Uptown Girls Soundtrack
Go to Top of Page

ptroupe
True Blue Farmgirl

1752 Posts

Portia
Johnson City NY
USA
1752 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2011 :  6:42:41 PM  Show Profile
Hello!
This is my first reply as I have just joined and I am looking forward to getting involved with some of the projects. I would love to do this swap, so count me in.
Some of my likes are
fancy pens, different teas and coffees, reading, old lace, needle felting items, chunky yarn, Indian food, dangling earrings, mysteries, purple, red, gospel music, crafts, recipes, note pads, candles, just about anything

Portia

Wishing for the country life!
Go to Top of Page

grammytammy
True Blue Farmgirl

585 Posts

Tamara
Binghamton ny
USA
585 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2011 :  6:44:12 PM  Show Profile
This sounds like so much fun. I would like to be counted in.
My Likes

Blue Willow, browns, quilting, knitting, fabric, reading, chocolate, MJF, butterflies, flowers, oatmeal, homemade soap, Jesus, grandkids, dogs, moose, tea, buttons, birthing stuff, earrings, sheep, King Tut and Ancient Egypt, Victorian England, royalty especially history of, peanut m&m's, ribbon, yarn, socks, well hope that is enough for now... XD

FarmGirl 2495
God loved us so much He gave His only son to die in our stead.

Edited by - grammytammy on Sep 24 2011 6:46:05 PM
Go to Top of Page

ptroupe
True Blue Farmgirl

1752 Posts

Portia
Johnson City NY
USA
1752 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2011 :  7:06:42 PM  Show Profile
grammytammy,
I see you are close to me. I was in your city today.

Portia

Wishing for the country life!
Go to Top of Page

buzzn bee
True Blue Farmgirl

1061 Posts

Deborah
Muncie Indiana
USA
1061 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2011 :  06:40:05 AM  Show Profile
Sounds fun!
Add me to the list to please.
I love everything, especially vintage items, buttons, ribbons,lace,
paper, greeting cards, post cards, bottles, fabric pieces, hankies,
embroiderd pieces, votive candles, needle cards, homemade soaps,
anything with vintage bears or dolls on it, pretty stationary, recipes, pencils, pens, cookbooks, old small antique perfume bottles.

This is going to be so much fun!

Deborah
Buzzn Bee
Go to Top of Page

springdoeling
Farmgirl in Training

15 Posts

Susan
Machias ME
USA
15 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2011 :  06:48:25 AM  Show Profile
This sounds like too much fun to miss out on! Please count me in!!

I love anything 40s or 50s, vintage patterns, crochet, knitting, counted cross-stitch, quilting, sewing, reading, earthy and autumnal colors, buttons, lace, ribbon, dark chocolate, coffee, lilac and lavender, sunflowers, pumpkin, cooking, baking, reading, old wooden thread spools, vintage handkerchiefs, thimbles and homemade soaps.

This should be an awesome swap!
Susan (springdoeling)

"...and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God." Micah 6:8
Go to Top of Page

Sue Feely
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Sue
Buffalo New York
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2011 :  07:29:27 AM  Show Profile
Very cute one; great idea! Please count me in!

First of all love anything farmgirlish, love material, love anything pertaining to being of Polish descentent, love anything to do w2ith crafting, love black teas, love homemade soaps too!

Thanks,

Sue Feely
Go to Top of Page

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2011 :  07:30:37 AM  Show Profile
Wait, duh, you're Marilyn of Renton. I was supposed to get back to you about an ATC swap, but I lost your email, and the other lady who started the idea. We had a serious computer crash, sorry. Anyway, this is more fun for me. I can't seem to make 20 of the exact same thing very often.
Wave if you see a crazilady in a green chevy w/ Metallica stickers and skulls, if you're ever down south, it might be me in DH's truck. In return, he commutes in my green car with a Hello Pit Bull sticker. I threaten him with a farmgirl sticker when I need to.

Rock on! Think sun.
Love,
Trish
I know this post seems privatey, but I am on a dinosaur computer, in my craft room, that won't do my email.
quote:
Originally posted by edlund33

Hi Trish, this sounds really fun. Please sign me up!

I'll think about this some more but off the top of my head: beads, buttons, glass marbles, elegant & depression glass, stickers, stamps, purple, blue, brown, green, milk chocolate, international travel, maps, ribbons, lace, doilies, hummingbirds, bird houses & nests, honey & bees, nature, paper crafts, flowers, vintage kitchen & laundry antiques, gardening, baking, hiking, books, calendars, needle felting, natural fibers, fairies, gnomes, mushrooms, chickens & roosters, fiddle, music (classical, country, 80's rock, heavy metal & Nickelback) old trucks & tractors.....

Cheers! ~ Marilyn

Farm Girl No. 1100

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Trish

Make cupcakes not war!
Go to Top of Page

edlund33
True Blue Farmgirl

1496 Posts

Marilyn
Renton WA
USA
1496 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2011 :  12:25:12 PM  Show Profile
Oh, now I remember - wasn't that the WA farmgirls ATC swap and there were only a handful of us? Wondered what became of that. I know what you mean - doin' 20 of the same basic thing for ATC's gets a little monotonous sometimes. I'd still like to try a smaller group ATC swap sometime. Seems like it might be fun to spend lots of effort on one ATC so it becomes a real work of art.

This whimsy jar swap should be a really fun and different swap. I'm excited.

Keep on rockin.....

Cheers! ~ Marilyn

Farm Girl No. 1100

Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2011 :  1:06:21 PM  Show Profile
Trish,

Thanks for hosting this Trish! I would love to do this swap! It sounds like so much fun :)

Some things I like:

Milk Chocolate, teas (especially roobois or herbal), reading, lace trims, I love cooking (spices and herbs), drawing (mostly charcoal and pencil), gardening, dark colors like garnet or plum, candles: beeswax or bakery scents, stickers, vintage holiday post cards, Junior Mints, doilies, Christian Music or classical, Knitting and yarn, cows (not cutesy), different shades of glitter,

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory

http://merryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

pinokeeo
True Blue Farmgirl

559 Posts

Phyllis
Oregon
USA
559 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2011 :  1:22:13 PM  Show Profile
This sounds like a fun swap. I've only done one other whimsy swap and had a blast doing it. Sign me up.

My list: Frogs, turtles, dragonflies, cats, blue, game board pieces, marbles, gardening themes, archery, music related things, rich dark chocolate, Snickers bars, magnets, shadowbox creatures, fun pens, Celtic designs, small rubber balls, vintage items, pinocchio related things, wood thread spools, squashed pennies and leather.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I cannot master those things that I have not tried.

check out my artfire: http://www.artfire.com/users/PiNOKEEOs

Edited by - pinokeeo on Sep 23 2011 11:25:49 PM
Go to Top of Page

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2011 :  3:08:01 PM  Show Profile
Will Shadow Box Creatures be the new Yo-Yo?

Trish

Make cupcakes not war!
Go to Top of Page

grammytammy
True Blue Farmgirl

585 Posts

Tamara
Binghamton ny
USA
585 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2011 :  3:10:52 PM  Show Profile
Portia, yes you are close. Did you see any residual flood damage on you trip?? Do you belong to a MJF chapter?? thinking about starting one in Binghamton. Wouldn't it be fun to be matched up as partners.

FarmGirl 2495
God loved us so much He gave His only son to die in our stead.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Whimsy Jar -don't send unless you have heard from Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page