nampafarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

494 Posts

Kim
Nampa ID
USA
494 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2011 :  2:38:29 PM  Show Profile
I just bought a new spa. I dont really want to use chlorine, etc in it. Has anyone tried anything excpet the typical spa chemicals? I dont want to drain it every week either.

Kim
Farmgirl Sister # 302

nut4fabric
True Blue Farmgirl

885 Posts

Kathy
Morgan Hill CA
USA
885 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2011 :  06:57:19 AM  Show Profile
We used Bromide in ours, it is what was recommended by the spa company, worked fine.
Kathy
Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2011 :  07:58:52 AM  Show Profile
about 30 years ago because most our family is allergic to the chems, along with the price of them, my uncle invented what is called a ozonator. I believe most stores that sell spas also sell them. It's a tube, you put in to the spa, some where in the filtering system, where the water cycles through the tube, the tube has a UV light in it that works the same way as the sun. The sun cleans the outside water, in the eco system, well that's the same premises of this filter, using the light, to filter/clean the water as it passes through. Took him several years but he got it tweaked where the water passes through it fast enough where the one he markets can cycle through all of the spas water with in minutes (I believe around every 15 minutes all the water goes through it, so every 15 minutes all the water has been cleaned). I know there is many brands of it on the market now though so don't know what their statistics are on all of them about how long they take to cycle the water each time. But, I would think as long as it all goes through at least once a day you would be fine for a home spa (would want it faster for one say at a YMCA with so many different people constantly in and out).

http://www.heathersprairie.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2011 :  09:44:59 AM  Show Profile
Kim,

I always thought I'd want to go the salt version but I still don't have a hottub so I haven't researched it to heavily yet. But I know you can do it for swimming pools too so it must be doable.

I know Nampa! I used to live just outside of New Plymouth and did some of my shopping in Nampa! So Howdy neighbor. :)

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories
Go to Top of Page
  Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Spa chemicals Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page