Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Favorite time/place to craft?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Favorite time/place to craft? Next Topic  

vmfein
True Blue Farmgirl

247 Posts

Valerie
Dale City VA
USA
247 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2011 :  8:11:10 PM  Show Profile
Do you have a certain time of the day or place to craft? I love to cross stitch on bookmarks, while waiting for my classes to start or during breaks. I also enjoy doing crafts if I am a passenger in the car, you wouldn't believe how much I can get done in just a ten minute drive. Of course dr offices, while using public transportation, waiting at airports, and while "watching" tv. I also enjoy crafts while listening to music or a book on cd. I enjoy doing crafts during the morning and late at night. This way I can always listen to the birds in the morning or crickets at night. I do find though if I am anywhere but home it is usually easier for me to have a small project, unless I am at a quilting bee at the library. What about you all?

Farmgirl Sister #2619

http://www.etsy.com/shop/vmfein

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2011 :  9:21:52 PM  Show Profile
I do all those same things and a few friends of mine get together every thursday from 12 -3 and work on different crafts. that is a lot of fun too...

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog....Charles F. Doran
beverley baggett
Beverley with an extra E...
https://sites.google.com/site/bevsdoggies/
http://bevsdoggies.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

batznthebelfry
True Blue Farmgirl

1257 Posts

Michele
Athol Ma
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2011 :  10:28:14 AM  Show Profile
Once I put the chickens to bed for the night thats the time I can finally sit & relax in my recliner so thats the perfect time for me to do my crafts....I have an antique sewing table/box right next to my chair so I can tat, bobbin lace or use my round loom or grab my DVD's & head for the sewing room & sew....I like that after the 'kids' are to bed & safe I can let my creative side out & know that I have nothing that needs to be done besides relax or craft...Michele'

Chickens rule!
The Old Batz Farm
Hen #2622
Go to Top of Page

nin1952
True Blue Farmgirl

269 Posts

Donna
Cedartown GA
USA
269 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2011 :  10:55:33 AM  Show Profile
I love to craft anytime I can get to my studio (when seems to be rare now for some reason). But, I do have a a small embroidery piece or a cross stitch piece handy in the house. I usually do this in front of the tv. It is just on for the noise. I can't even tell you what's on half the time.

Donna Farmgirl Sister #1487

Wheather therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31

Go to Top of Page

Heartbroken farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

604 Posts

Annette
rio vista Ca
USA
604 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2011 :  11:42:36 AM  Show Profile  Send Heartbroken farmgirl a Yahoo! Message
My favorite time to craft/sew is ANYTIME I can! With 5 kids, and a DH that works 7/12 hr days a week; I find very little time to just get away to be creative. I recently started getting up with my DH at 3:45am. When he leaves, I start the laundry, get all of my dough started, check the garden, water the flowers, and unload the dishwasher. Then its time to get 4 out of 5 kids ready for school, and off to the bus. My youngest sleeps in a bit, so for the last two weeks or so, I've been using this hour after the "big kids" leave, to run up to my sewing room. It's bliss! Absolute "me time". I'm not just someone's wife or mommy, right then. I'm me. It's Annette! Yay! LOL

The tears I shed then, watered the flowers I harvest now.

www.broken908.blogspot.com
http://forums.familyfriendpoems.com/broken908

"The aim of education is the knowledge not of facts but of values."-Dean William Ralph Inge
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13625 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13625 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2011 :  12:33:33 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Anytime I can! My kids are grown; my hubby does most of the cooking . . .
I sew aprons for Farmers Market and that keeps me really busy during the season. But I do papercrafting as well, some jewelry making, embroidery. So, I'm busy with it any moment I can. The times I find it hard are when I'm exhausted, have a bad headache or just don't feel good and my creative juices are just not flowing.
I have my own "project" room . . . love it! I also have a sewing area which is separate from my project room which is great since I do so much sewing.
It all makes me happy!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

From my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

jollyquilter
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

WV
USA
251 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2011 :  4:12:50 PM  Show Profile
I love to create anytime I can find a minute or two. The kids are grown but I seem to have so many irons in the fire that I am exhausted by the time i get the day completed. I do not watch tv so I slip little thigns in when I am in front of the computer. I do have a studio and do all my crafts and jewelry work and stuff in there and then I have a sewing room as well for the time to bring out the fabric. I find that setting my clock and getting up and completing all the morning chores is the best way for me to get to the studio.

www.StuffByKim.etsy.com
http://fiberandflea.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

pinokeeo
True Blue Farmgirl

559 Posts

Phyllis
Oregon
USA
559 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2011 :  5:34:10 PM  Show Profile
Anytime I'm up for it. I've not been feeling great lately, so I haven't been very creative, but I'm getting better. I don't sew, but I sure do a lot of other crafts. I have my own space, and I'm mostly retired, so it's when I'm in the mood.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I cannot master those things that I have not tried.

check out my artfire: http://www.artfire.com/users/PiNOKEEOs
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2011 :  6:11:52 PM  Show Profile
I'm actually a seasonal crafter. As soon as the weather is nice, I want to do out side-ish things! Spring time on the farm where I live is always busy with baby goats and lambs, so I rarely have much time and summer time I do a lot of family things and pay visits to family and friend etc...But as soon as I smell fall in the air, I'm draggin' out the craft and sewing bins, all of the holiday cook and decorate books, planning autumn, winter and holiday cooking, crafts, gifts and anything else that tickles my fancy!

This year, since I dinged up my knee and am supposed to stay off of it, as much as possible, I want to try tatting, quilting and working with my drop spindles a lot more. I love to sew, but I'm not very good at it yet, so thats another thing to really work on during my crafty half of the year !I've been thrifting and have collected up a bunch of cute baskets to decorate and fill with gifts and goodies for Christmas and have to get busy at that!

Time wise, I do it when ever I have time, but prefer mornings.

Smiles!

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

tammyknit
True Blue Farmgirl

135 Posts

Tammy
Reedsburg WI
USA
135 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2011 :  3:25:06 PM  Show Profile
In my recliner in the evenings when talking to DD and especially during football games on TV. I love listening to football and knitting or cross-stitching. Also do lots during soccer and softball games (making socks). I love that fall is coming and canning season is almost over so I can do some "serious" stitching again.

Tammy
Go to Top of Page

heritagehunter
True Blue Farmgirl

207 Posts

Julie
La Salle Co
USA
207 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2011 :  09:14:21 AM  Show Profile
I have many different types of crafts I like to do. I do whatever I'm in the mood to work on whenever I can, whereever I can. I find that crochet is the easiest to tote around. When my son first started high school we lived in Phoenix. At the parent teacher conferences they had the teachers in the gym at tables. You had to find which teacher and stand in line to talk to them. I would take my crochet, the yarn in a bag slung over my shoulder and project and needle in hand working away, while I waited.
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Favorite time/place to craft? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page