True Blue Farmgirl

898 Posts

Krystle
MT
USA
898 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2011 :  2:15:04 PM  Show Profile
Those sound super good too Annika!!!

Mothers are those wonderful people who can get up in the morning before the smell of coffee. ~Author Unknown

http://countryrenaissance.blogspot.com
http://www.etsy.com/shop/SunflowersAndHoney
Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2011 :  7:04:35 PM  Show Profile
What a wonderful thread. I got excited just reading it! I have been so focused on carrying off the church hayride we hosted this year without a hitch that Nov has snuck up on me. I seem to focus on what is just in front of me and boom there is Christmas and I'm not ready! May be this year I wont do that.
Go to Top of Page

Alanna Neupert
True Blue Farmgirl

66 Posts

Alanna
cabot PA
USA
66 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2011 :  8:59:31 PM  Show Profile
Good evening from chilly Pa! It was so good to read of all the great Christmas ideas you all have for Christmas. Here on the farm it is going to be a quiet Christmas as I just lost my best friend and husband of 41 yrs. to cancer. I love baking so very much for Christmas so I think this year will be gifts of homemade cookies for some of my close friends. I make tins of pizzelles up every year and they stay super crisp till we gobble them up. I had every year a cookie swap at my house, but this year I just can't do this. My husband would dress up with his old straw hat and vintage bow tie and vest and pretend to play all of the great Christmas songs. He had a little tin cup and my friends would put their change in it to tip him. What great memories I have. Take care- Alanna "The Farmer's Wife"
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2011 :  05:54:33 AM  Show Profile
Alanna,

I am SO SORRY to hear of your loss. Please know that I am praying for the Lord to bring you comfort and strength.

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory

http://merryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2011 :  08:15:40 AM  Show Profile
Alanna, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss.You are in my thoughts and prayers for peace and comfort.

(((((Hugs)))))

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
http://thegimpyfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
http://pinterest.com/annikaloveshats/

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2011 :  1:11:20 PM  Show Profile
I'm so sorry Alanna that you lost your husband. I know that Christmas will never be quite the same. I hope that you will have plenty of family and friends around to help fill the gap. Until then...blessings and prayers for you.

Buffypuff/ Claudia ~ Farmgirl Sister #870 @}~~
"God sends no one away empty except those who are full of themselves." DL Moody

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7586 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7586 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2011 :  1:14:50 PM  Show Profile
My heartfelt prayers are with you

quote:
Originally posted by buffypuff

I'm so sorry Alanna that you lost your husband. I know that Christmas will never be quite the same. I hope that you will have plenty of family and friends around to help fill the gap. Until then...blessings and prayers for you.

Buffypuff/ Claudia ~ Farmgirl Sister #870 @}~~
"God sends no one away empty except those who are full of themselves." DL Moody

"When we do the best that we can, we never know what miracle is wrought in our life or in the life of another" Helen Keller
Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2011 :  3:21:34 PM  Show Profile
Alanna I too prayed for you. What awesome memories you have!
Go to Top of Page

Alanna Neupert
True Blue Farmgirl

66 Posts

Alanna
cabot PA
USA
66 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2011 :  6:55:56 PM  Show Profile
Thank you everyone for all of your prayers and well wishes on the death of my husband. I hope I didn't put a damper on all of your excitement about the upcoming holidies. I'll post some of my good cooky recipes so some of you ladies can try some of my fav cookies. I'm also going to take trays of some homemade fudge and cookies to Hillman Cancer Center in Pittsburgh where my husband was treated. What a wonderful place! Alanna
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2011 :  8:05:13 PM  Show Profile
My goodness Alanna, you haven't put any sort of damper on things! Myself, I've been farmsitting since Thursday night and am just run ragged! I was going to make some nut brittle but just ran out of time and energy today. I look forward to trying some of your cookie recipes! I've lost a lot of family to cancer and the cancer centers are always filled with the most wonderful and caring people.

This evening, because I'm just too tired to do anything else, I'm starting to narrow down all of my lists of holiday recipes, decoration choices and handmade gift possibilities, make my semi-final choices and make shopping lists of additional things that I'll need to get. I'm making most of my own gifts this year, and need to get busy!

...But not tonight

Hugs!

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
http://thegimpyfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
http://pinterest.com/annikaloveshats/

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

Alanna Neupert
True Blue Farmgirl

66 Posts

Alanna
cabot PA
USA
66 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2011 :  06:15:48 AM  Show Profile
Good morning- Going to bake some homemade cookies this morning. My girlfriend has a Christmas Openhouse this weekend and I'm baking for a Harvest Tea on Saturday. I'm going to make Cherry Bon-Bons, Lemon Dreams and Peanut Butter Drops. Did you ever try rolling the dough into balls, roll in sugar and press down with a antique wirk wisk. The cookies look so pretty and fancy instead of a fork. Also, makingfilled pizzelles with a rasberry buttercream filling. So good!
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2011 :  06:41:23 AM  Show Profile
Alanna- those sound sooooo yummy! What a fun day- baking and baking and baking!!!
Go to Top of Page

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2011 :  06:47:06 AM  Show Profile
filled pizzelles??? have never heard of them filled! how???? i have the rosette irons that belonged to my inlaws and her grandmother but i don't have the pizzelle maker.

Farmgirl # 2139
proud member of the Farmgirls of the Southwest Henhouse
~*~ counting my pennies and biding my time; my dreams are adding up!~*~
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2011 :  07:02:59 AM  Show Profile
Oh, Alanna - I can't even imagine how you're feeling. I'm so sorry for your loss. 41 years is a lifetime! What wonderful memories you have, though! Such a blessing! I bet your hubby was a really fun person to be with! My prayers are with you. May the true meaning of Christmas comfort your heart, today and always.

I'm very interested in filled pizzelles, too! WOW! WOW! YUM!!!

Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

www.papercraftingwithnini.myctmh.com

Edited by - Ninibini on Nov 03 2011 07:03:19 AM
Go to Top of Page

Alanna Neupert
True Blue Farmgirl

66 Posts

Alanna
cabot PA
USA
66 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2011 :  8:29:45 PM  Show Profile
Okay to make the pizzelles you want to make them on a pizelle maker. You don't put too much on the iron so the pizzelles are smaller. You take them off the iron and while they are still warm you gently wrap them around the handle of a wooden spoon. Carefully slide them off to cool. When cool you use your decorating bag and fill each one with buttercream icing.I'm going to use rasberry extract in my buttercream icing. Then if you want to dip the ends in melted chocolate. I usually use the chocolate disks that cake decorating stores use. You can if you don't want to use chocolate on the ends is to sprinkle powdered sugar over them. These freeze very well and they taste similiar to our local "cream hornes" which most of the weddingd in our area have . When my daughter got married 2 years ago, I made over 150 dozen of cookies for her wedding,plus what my friends made. I also had assorted kinds of fudge-cherry nut, chocolate, peanut butter, half p.butter and chocolate cut into small pieces. If anyone wants the recipe for the pizzelles I'll post mine. Also, the iron I use is a electric pizzelle maker-nothing is deep-fried!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Holidays: Previous Topic 56 days til Christmas!!!!!!! Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page