misspittypat
True Blue Farmgirl

102 Posts

lila
osceola mo
USA
102 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2011 :  7:24:05 PM  Show Profile
Just received a flyer from wallie world that said "fabric department is back = bigger than ever!"

Lila

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13626 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13626 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2011 :  7:28:01 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Walmart in your city? Walmart all over?
Interesting . . .
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

From my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2011 :  7:29:55 PM  Show Profile
Our Walmart is supposed to take their fabric department out!!! We only have them and JoAnn's here, otherwise a 60 mile trip.

Jan

Farmgirl Sister #3340
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2011 :  9:24:42 PM  Show Profile
Precut fabrics at mine 2 yard pieces little kid type of prints and some solids.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2011 :  10:11:55 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
my closest Walmart is 28 miles away but that is closer than a fabric store...so I looked it up and found this... I sure hope mine is one of the 700

I didn't say this below I found it on another website...hope it is true

It's Official....Fabric will be back to Walmart. The following was posted on the quiltingboard forum. YIPPEE!!!

I have just returned from the 2011 Wal Mart Shareholders Meeting in Fayetteville, Arkansas. I went as a guest of Wal Mart for 4 days and represented my store from Oneonta, Alabama. While in the meeting on Wednesday, June 1, 2011, they were discussing some changes that were taking place in Wal Mart. As I used a walker on wheels due to my problem with walking long distances, I was placed on the ground floor of the meeting in the 8th row just down from the stage. Mr. John Aden was speaking about the fact that they were bringing back firearms to the stores. Then he said, "And, continuing with words that begin with "F", Fabric is Back". Well, without thinking, I shouted "Praise the LORD". Didn't realize my voice carried and then John said, "Did I hear a Praise the LORD"? Anyway, he said it would be full fabric that would be cut by an associate. He also said that they listened to the customers and that fabric would return to 700 stores by September. He then said that if your store had fabric, you would not lose it. I am enclosing a picture that was taken as he was speaking from the stage of this years meeting. WHOOOHOO!!!

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
Go to Top of Page

herbquilter
True Blue Farmgirl

891 Posts

Kristine
Bonney Lake Wa
USA
891 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2011 :  10:21:36 PM  Show Profile
I read in the Walmart flyer yesterday that fabric will be in 2000 walmart stores soon.

Blessings,
Kristine ~ Mother of Many, Herbalist, Master Energy Intuitive

http://herbalmommasda.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2011 :  10:25:55 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Oh Kristine, that is even better....thanks

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2011 :  11:16:24 PM  Show Profile
I always thought that was the dumbest thing they ever did! Where I lived in NYC it was about the only place close enough to go often for fabric. Yes I lived near the fabric district, relatively speaking, if I wanted to handle the traffic, people, crowds, and get there in time before they closed. But, that wasn't often. I could go daily to the WM just minutes from me though.

I'm not a huge WM fan, and WM never really bothered me till they took the fabric out. Then that just made me mad. Cause I knew that worse then NYC was some small towns that had all their independent fabric stores, drove out by WM, and then WM turns around and closes theirs! Thankfully where I currently live we still have plenty of independent fabric stores, along with Joann's, Hancock's and Hobby Lobby so probably won't be much chance of me shopping the WM one much, as I'm still upset with them about it. Plus I personally do like to patron the indi stores as much as possible any how.

But, really when I seen that was what WM was doing, I thought what bone heads. Especially when they replaced fabric with party supplies! OMG! Maybe I am just a "party" pooper, but I just didn't see people needing party supplies more then fabric/sewing supplies. I polled my friends and most of us are more crafters then party hosters in general. And most of us also get most our party supplies like what WM would carry from the dollar stores any way, when/if we do host a party. So again bone head choice! I wondered how long that would last. Apparently not long. I am so happy for all of you who have WM's but no other fabric stores, especially no indi's. This will really be a help again I am sure! If I was still in NYC I know it would come in VERY handy for me. I'm sure glad though that I live in the land of the most per capital indi stores in the USA thus far. So I don't have to rely on the fickle knuckle heads at WM.

http://www.heathersprairie.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6595 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6595 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2011 :  06:41:12 AM  Show Profile
We have a huge SUPER Walmart in a little town about 30 minutes from us no fabric department. We have to go an hour away to the BIG CITY to our closest Hobby Lobby for fabric. What has happened to our WalMarts of old?
Farmgirl Hugs,
Debbie

If you are lucky enough to live in the mountains you are lucky enough.

www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures

http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com

http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2011 :  4:53:01 PM  Show Profile
Oh Wowzers! I hope our WM opens up a fabric section... I have to drive clear into Spokane or Cheney to buy fabric. There is a small quilting shop up in Reardon, but their average fabrics are $9.99 p/yd and is mostly geared to quilters and quilt classes.
I know the WM fabric is not always the best but when I just want to whip up a quick pillow case or apron or small craft project I hate having to drive 20-25 min into town (each way) for 1 yd of fabric. Not to mention, interfacing, batting, thread etc.
Glad WM heard the cries of us gals.. & thanx Lila for letting us know. :>)

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom.
"Is it time for my Dirt Manicure yet!"

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://www.graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Sep 16 2011 4:54:51 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Walmart Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page