Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Hobby Lobby is Coming to Town
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Hobby Lobby is Coming to Town Next Topic  

textilelover
True Blue Farmgirl

557 Posts

Dianne
Middletown NY
USA
557 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2011 :  08:36:06 AM  Show Profile
We are getting a Hobby Lobby in town and I was wondering what our farmgirls think of it? We have a small Joann's but that's it for fabric. Is Hobby Lobby like Joann's? How is the quality of their fabric? Do they sell all types of fabric (I couldn't tell from their website)? How about notions? I sew some of my own clothes. Dianne in the Hudson Valley

Sister #749

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." --Leondardo da Vinci

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2011 :  5:56:19 PM  Show Profile
Hobby Lobby is AWESOME!! It wouldn't be my main source for fabric though (if we had one). Nothing wrong with their fabric its just a limited selection, but they do have great sales on patterns on a regular basis. I use it for every other craft I do though :). They have so much stuff, a little of everything. I do wish their decorative stuff wasn't taking over (like everywhere else seems to be) but if you just go around the outside of the store they have everything-needle crafts, fiber crafts, painting/drawing type stuff, jewelry and beading, dollhouse building, scrapbooking, pretty much a little bit (and sometimes a lot) of everything!!

Farmgirl Sister #3275
Go to Top of Page

rksmith
True Blue Farmgirl

858 Posts

Rachel
Clayton GA
USA
858 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2011 :  6:08:37 PM  Show Profile
I LOVE LOVE LOVE Hobby Lobby. They have decent sales and if you get their newsletter you'll get a different coupon each week (my fave is the 40% off any item) I have not bought any fabric from them (my sewing is limited and I don't bother much) but I do get lots of beading and glasswork materials from them which are good.

Rachel
Farmgirl Sister #2753

Do not ask the Lord to guide your footsteps, if you are not willing to move your feet--Dr. Kioni

http://madame1313.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

peafarm
True Blue Farmgirl

182 Posts

Penny
South Dakota
182 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2011 :  7:13:34 PM  Show Profile
I'm so jealous. We are craftstore-less unless you count Walmart. I love Hobby Lobby's home decor and great sales! It saved us a bundle for daughter's wedding.

Penny
www.444Farm.com
Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2011 :  7:43:26 PM  Show Profile
I always go to the 99 cent pattern sales, I have bought fabric when it's on sale there.

I've used hobby lobby for about 30 years now, mainly for other crafts though not "sewing", cross stitching yes, beading yes, jewelery making yes. Doll house stuff, OH YEAH! Train stuff, oh yah! lol

I LOVE their picture frames probably best though. and they have them half price almost all the time. I would say 99 percent of our picture frames come from there.

It is not like JoAnn's though. It's more like Michael's or AC Moore.

http://www.heathersprairie.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2011 :  04:28:29 AM  Show Profile
I love Hobby Lobby, but as some of the other girls said, their fabric selection is limited. I watch for their sales too. Also, you can sign up on their website and they will e-mail coupons to you if you don't get them in your local newspaper.

Hugs,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13626 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13626 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2011 :  2:58:38 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
I like Hobby Lobby . . . closest one is 75 miles away. But, when I go to my daughter's in Phoenix we always hit HL. I've found, at least at the one we shop in, they have the best prices for scrapbooking papers. I have purchased some wonderful fabrics and they were all excellent quality. The selection at this store is really very good and I've found fun trims that I've not found anywhere else.
So, if there was one here . . . well, I'd be in it!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

From my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

rksmith
True Blue Farmgirl

858 Posts

Rachel
Clayton GA
USA
858 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2011 :  5:23:59 PM  Show Profile
You can also order online now.

Rachel
Farmgirl Sister #2753

Do not ask the Lord to guide your footsteps, if you are not willing to move your feet--Dr. Kioni

http://madame1313.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

textilelover
True Blue Farmgirl

557 Posts

Dianne
Middletown NY
USA
557 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2011 :  05:04:38 AM  Show Profile
Thank you, Farmgirls! I must say I am a bit disappointed to learn their fabric selection is limited. We have an AC Moore and Micheal's and Joann's in the same shopping center, so we have plenty of craft options, but not enough for sewing. I so appreciate you taking the time to respond. Dianne in the Hudson Valley

Sister #749

Go to Top of Page

SusanScarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

317 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2011 :  5:10:48 PM  Show Profile
I'm jealous that Textilelover has an AC Moore, Michael's and Joann's. Wow !
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2011 :  5:59:27 PM  Show Profile
I love my HL. And it's located next to the Tractor Supply store. Now that's heaven! Hope you enjoy your new HL store Dianne.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2011 :  10:56:43 PM  Show Profile
I was really impressed with Hobby Lobby. They display everything so nicely, too. You will enjoy having another store to browse through. You are indeed lucky to have so many choices!
marianne
Go to Top of Page

textilelover
True Blue Farmgirl

557 Posts

Dianne
Middletown NY
USA
557 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2011 :  4:09:30 PM  Show Profile
Ooooh, I love the Tractor Supply store too! Almost as much fun as the fabric store. Dianne

Sister #749

Go to Top of Page

GrammyGoose
True Blue Farmgirl

163 Posts

Sue
Liverpool PA
USA
163 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2011 :  5:34:18 PM  Show Profile
Hobby Lobby has a lot of fun stuff. I could spend hours in there. I never checked out their fabric selection for some reason. But, our Walmart has brought the fabric department back!!! From what I understand, they are doing this all across the country. If you have a Walmart near you, ask them if they plan to bring theirs back. I was totally blown away by the new, improved fabric department.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
My name is Sue, but my friends call me Geege!
Farmgirl #656
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Hobby Lobby is Coming to Town Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page