Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Halloween Trick or Treat Swap!-Mail Today!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Halloween Trick or Treat Swap!-Mail Today!!! Next Topic
Page: of 7

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5075 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5075 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2011 :  1:07:29 PM  Show Profile
So excited, ordered my Trick or Treat bag from a friend on Etsy! It is perfect for us Farmgirls! Can't wait to Fill it up! I love Halloween!! In the 1960's when I was in Elementary School, We would start planning our costumes right after labor day and then the carnival at school! Oh the good ole days!

Imagine....
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6592 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6592 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2011 :  2:14:59 PM  Show Profile
Oh, I love to be among others who just love Halloween like I do!!! It is so much fun to decorate for and there is truly something magical when you carve a pumpkin and then light it up and put it on your porch on Halloween. When I was growing up,they did a city ordinance that said children over age 10 were banned from trick or treating!! I was horrified. For some reason, the day after Halloween was often a teacher work day so we did not have school. My parents would allow me to have some friends over for a sleep over and we would play games like trying to eat apples from a string hanging from the ceiling and my Mom would transform the laundry room into a haunted house where you blindfolded each person and led them through a line up of dead man's parts(you know the drill: cold spaghetti for brains, peeled grapes for eyes ) We all loved it!! Then one year when we were in middle school, we read short stories from ALfred Hitchcock and about scared outselves to death!! I always decorated up the basement where we stayed and still have a few of those paper decoations that I still bring out every year. I agree with Connie above--Oh the good ole days!!
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Julie
Medina ND
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2011 :  3:06:33 PM  Show Profile
I love the excitement of halloween, almost as good as christmas! When my kids were little they would get just as excited to create scarecows and decorate as they would for the carnivals and trick or treating. We lived in a very rural area, so each stop was a little bit of visiting and alot of homemade goodies. We would be gone for hours, but it was all fun!

Julie

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5075 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5075 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2011 :  4:02:11 PM  Show Profile
Oh, I love your memories! Winnie and Julie! We loved Hitchcock too!! I decorate my house outside and inside every year for 38 years! My husband and my only child got the Halloween fever from me too!! We decorte the whole house, My daughter is coming home from LA this weekend and wanted to know if I had the Halloween decor up yet! I have her favorite one finished This is a 25 year collection of Dept 56 Halloween Village, But the Paper ones from the 1960's are my First Love!

Imagine....
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5075 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5075 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2011 :  4:05:37 PM  Show Profile
Here are some of my Vintage Paper Party Invitaions, from 1930-1970. They are all made in the good ole U.S.A. The quality of the paper is awesome and the graphics! Some are the Gibson Co. some are Hallmark.

Imagine....
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5075 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5075 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2011 :  4:10:26 PM  Show Profile
Sorry to take up room, I get so excited being with others, who love Halloween!!The backs of these cats have a price sticker from Duckwalls that read 10 cents!

Imagine....
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5075 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5075 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2011 :  4:12:26 PM  Show Profile

See, I get excited, I forgot the picture! LOl!
Go to Top of Page

rksmith
True Blue Farmgirl

858 Posts

Rachel
Clayton GA
USA
858 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2011 :  4:13:00 PM  Show Profile
I LOVE your Halloween village and invitations!! I was looking at some vintage Halloween invitations online this weekend. *drool*

Rachel
Farmgirl Sister #2753

Do not ask the Lord to guide your footsteps, if you are not willing to move your feet--Dr. Kioni

http://madame1313.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5075 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5075 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2011 :  7:04:22 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Rachel! Some were in my granny's stuff she was a pack rat! and some I found in Junk stores and Ebay and even garage sales!
Go to Top of Page

farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2011 :  7:19:53 PM  Show Profile
Connie, oh my gosh what CUTE decorations! I'm glad you posted all those pictures...how awesome is that?? Fun to see people who get excited like I do for Halloween!

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Farmgirl Sister #1086

Be yourself.
Everyone else is already taken.
-Oscar Wilde

www.farmfoodmama.blogspot.com

www.thehmmmschoolingmom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2011 :  7:44:06 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Thank you for posting the pics they are awesome....

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
Go to Top of Page

Oggie
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Ginny
Machias Maine
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2011 :  8:12:40 PM  Show Profile
Sounds like fun, I'm in too!

Ginny
Farmgirl #2343
www.thedewhopinn.com

"I always have a wonderful time, wherever I am, whomever I'm with."
"Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it." Both by Elwood P. Dowd (Jimmy Stewart) in the Movie Harvey
Go to Top of Page

coaloha
True Blue Farmgirl

502 Posts

Pam

USA
502 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2011 :  09:47:31 AM  Show Profile  Send coaloha an AOL message
This takes me back to my childhood in a small midwestern town. We lived on a farm and trick-or-treated in town and many people gave out yummy home-made treats. Such good memories. Yes, I am in on this swap. Thanks!

Pam Barnes-Palty
Phoenix, AZ
Farmgirl #1075

Be distracted by joy
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5075 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5075 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2011 :  09:47:57 AM  Show Profile
I did this for a party a few years back, from Martha Stewart. Easy! Fill rubber gloves with water secure with rubber band, and tape any sturdy Halloween Mask eyes and nose holes up, fill with water, freeze overnight! Rubber peels right off the gloves!don't run water over it it will crack! Float in your favorite Punch!Looks like face and hands floating in the punch! I have a pic, looking for it! It was the hit of the party! the kids loved it!!!
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5075 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5075 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2011 :  09:52:43 AM  Show Profile
What would Halloween be without the Great Pumpkin!All my God-Children grew up with this display, they are all Teenagers now, but still love to come and see it!
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5075 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5075 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2011 :  09:58:03 AM  Show Profile
Here's the punch! The Directions are above, many of you may already ahve seen this before.

Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5075 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5075 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2011 :  10:07:33 AM  Show Profile
My daughter and the neighborhood kids decorated the porch that year! She did a good job she was only about 9.

imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6592 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6592 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2011 :  2:24:24 PM  Show Profile
Love these photos from everyone!! Thanks so much and what great ideas for decorating. I think the thing I love about Halloween is that it is just fun and you can participate on any level you wish. Homemade costumes, homemade treats,and lots of room for imagination---what a wonderful fall event! I have a few "oldies" so I will try and get them out for a photo soon and post. They are getting worn out but I just love to look at them and remember all the fun in years past. And there is always something wonderful when you see the first Pumpkin patch of the year. All that orange and possibility just waiting for a home!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5075 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5075 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2011 :  2:33:48 PM  Show Profile
I would Love, Love!! to see others Halloween photos!!!!

Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5075 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5075 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2011 :  2:36:38 PM  Show Profile
Rachel, check your email for a note from me!

Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Julie
Medina ND
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2011 :  3:52:52 PM  Show Profile
Oh Connie, what beautiful pictures! Yes, Winnie you are right, Halloween can be as upbeat or as mellow as you want to make it, there is no wrong or right, since it all excepted as is!!!

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

Beth Jones
True Blue Farmgirl

3196 Posts

beth
tallassee alabama
3196 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2011 :  4:28:46 PM  Show Profile
Hi Connie, Your decorations were precious!!! Love the old timey things of long ago..Wish I had kept a lot of the old things I had growing up......Now each time I see something like that I'll think of you!! Smiles, Beth

You can never be to kind!
Go to Top of Page

J.F. Brown
True Blue Farmgirl

130 Posts

Jamie
Beaverton OR
USA
130 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2011 :  8:38:52 PM  Show Profile
Hi- love to join in on this! I love Halloween, and I used to LOVE making my kids any costume they wanted! The rule was, I would do ANY costume they asked for, but they had to choose by October 1st, because I also made costumes to sell. Guess how often they all made up their minds by that timeline? Of course, now they are grown, and I wish I could make some more!
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Julie
Medina ND
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2011 :  05:45:10 AM  Show Profile
Welcome ladies, I cleaned our my cauldron to start putting names in!

Julie

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

LindaJo
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

Linda
Fargo ND
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2011 :  2:17:38 PM  Show Profile
count me in please

Art cleans the dust of everyday life from the soul. Picasso
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Halloween Trick or Treat Swap!-Mail Today!!! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page