True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2011 :  6:49:20 PM  Show Profile
Starting early here. Where was I?

I had worked all night at the hospital and came home. I made something to eat and was just about ready to go sleep when the phone rang. My DH was calling me from a college class screaming in the phone, "some plane just hit a building! You have to turn on the t.v." I didn't think it could be that big a deal. I turned the t.v. on and froze. I couldn't move. My mouth dropped open and I finally sat down. I watched it over and over and over. Then the second plane came. Utter disbelief. I wanted to stay awake but also wanted to climb into the safety of my bed and my Granny's quilt. I wanted to run away and feel like this was a bad dream. I fell asleep easily because I knew this news would still be replaying when I awoke.

It was still playing when I awoke. I had a well-rested mind and could fully embrace what had happened. The stories of other planes were available, too. Somehow I came across a phone number for healthcare professionals to call and volunteer. I called it but they already had enough people.

This tragedy stays with me. Maybe in the way Pearl Harbor or the Titanic stay with older generations.

On this 9/11/2001 I remember. All the people who died, and all those willing to volunteer and help. To the people they helped, it mattered not what their religious beliefs were, or their political beliefs, their race or any other aspect of their life. They were all just people giving everything they had to save another person.

I remember seeing all the posters of pictures "Have You Seen Me?" with someone sitting next to it and crying.

You know I never knew anyone who was in those buildings or on those planes. I've never even met someone who knew someone who knew someone...

But on this 9/11 I will be sad and I will cry. I will pray for those who died and those who lived.

God Bless Us All!

Julie

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3324 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3324 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2011 :  7:08:33 PM  Show Profile
Gosh...I just posted this very question on my FB page!

I had just dropped off my DD age 8 at school, came back into the house and turned on the news. I watched in horror as the 2nd plane hit the 2nd tower. I saw it LIVE. I thought that something horrible had happened in the control tower (I grew up in the air force and my dad's job involved landing planes) but after hearing the Pentagon had been hit I knew we were being attacked. Immediately, I phoned my next door neighbor who home-schooled her girls and didn't have a TV. I told her to get shoes on the girls and come over to the house right away that there was something she needed to see on the news. We both sat in my living room and cried watching the events unfold. To this day, I cannot sit and watch documentaries about 9/ll even after 10 years. I will NEVER forget.

Melody
Farmgirl #525

Edited by - melody on Sep 10 2011 7:09:58 PM
Go to Top of Page

emtfarmer
True Blue Farmgirl

222 Posts

Darlene
North Carolina
USA
222 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2011 :  7:19:30 PM  Show Profile
Hi Julie,

I too had just worked all night and came home and went to bed. I had been asleep maybe an hour when my husband called from work and asked if I had the TV on. No, I was asleep. He then said (and I'll never forget), "something horrible has happened". Of course I then proceeded to watch TV most of the rest of the day, in horror, in disbelief, in fear, and just feeling numb.

At this point in our lives, my husband and I both worked full-time in emergency services as emergency medical technicians. We were feeling an affinity for emergency services workers in NY, PA, and DC. How are they coping? What are they having to see, hear, (and yes, smell) and still do their jobs? So many people, how can they possibly help them all? How many of them are hurt or mortally wounded?

I had to work another 24 hour shift beginning Sept 13. Working in an area where several interstates came through, all throughout the day we kept getting messages over our radios from telecommunications (paraphrasing here), "all units, be on the lookout for a burganday van carrying two male suspects traveling south", etc. In other words, there was that suspicion that "terrorists" were leaving the NY, PA, DC areas and heading our way. We were instructed, along with fire and law enforcement personnel, to be keenly aware of our surroundings and report anything out of the norm. Talk about bringing the events of the previous day closer to home, it was an EMS shift I will never forget.

I no longer work full-time in EMS. I do however volunteer with a rescue squad. I still have a very special place in my heart for emergency services workers. They, we, are a special and caring breed. No accolades necessary, we do what we do because we care; we want to help and make a difference. But know that all EMTs, paramedics, firefighters, disptachers, and law enforcement officers do appreciate a "thank you" occassionally.

Darlene

"Support your local fire departments and rescue squads...volunteers making a difference"
Go to Top of Page

Okie Farm Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

1674 Posts

Mary Beth
McLoud Oklahoma
USA
1674 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2011 :  7:32:35 PM  Show Profile
I was just walking out the door to take my son to his aviation classes at the vo-tech when the first plane hit and we saw it on tv as we were leaving. Since he was training in aviation mechanics, he was extra interested. I had the radio on in the car and we heard that the second one hit and then the pentagon. Both of us were stunned. I dropped him off and drove back home as quickly as I could. Having gone through the OKC bombing, I was understandably worried that attacks would be all over the nation. I sat glued to the tv all day and to the radio when I went to pick up my son. It was just horrible. Something none of us will forget.

Mary Beth

www.OklahomaPastryCloth.com
www.Oklahomapastrycloth.com/blog
The Sovereign Lord is my strength - Habakkuk 3:19
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2011 :  7:47:26 PM  Show Profile
I was home watching the morning news. Every minute of the tragedies unfolded before my eyes. So many emotions flooded through my mind and my heart. I cried for all the families of the people that died, and prayed for them because they would be finding out soon that they had lost loved ones. Although my children were young, they still have memories of the experience. It will be to them what past wars and disasters have been to us and our older grandparents.

Our homeschool group was scheduled to go on a field trip to downtown Houston. All us moms were quite concerned and felt it best to cancel the trip.

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page

edlund33
True Blue Farmgirl

1505 Posts

Marilyn
Renton WA
USA
1505 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2011 :  8:03:53 PM  Show Profile
I had arrived home from the airport just a few hours earlier, having been stranded in a Kansas airport for 42 hours by lightning storms. I took a quick nap and then went into my office to catch up on mail, emails, etc. My BF called me from work and said at the top of his voice "You need to turn on the TV right now - we have been attacked!" I went in and turned the TV on just as the 2nd plane hit. I remember standing there dumbfounded and feeling so powerless. The next few days seemed to move in slow motion as we cried and watched the horror unfold. It almost seemed like the world really did stop turning. It took me weeks to be able to go back in my office and actually accomplish something. I was struck by the way people suddenly started being polite, friendly, and patient with every little thing in life. Even congress worked together for a short while. Every city and town had their own way of acknowledging their honor for the responders and those who perished. It was the first time in my lifetime that I had witnessed American patriotism at it's best. Certainly an event that I will never forget.

Cheers! ~ Marilyn

Farm Girl No. 1100

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2011 :  8:48:26 PM  Show Profile
I was babysitting my 2yr old grand-daughter, and saw the news, we were rocking and reading a book. Fear went through me and I thought this world will never be the same. I hugged GD close to me and felt that I would be sure she was safe. My heart broke for all the people in the towers, and their families and all the rescue team. But found myself disbelieving that it was actually happening. Not in the United States, Nooooooo! It will be a time that will live in us forever.

http:///www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

Room To Grow
True Blue Farmgirl

974 Posts

Deborah
Kingston Georgia
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2011 :  9:32:09 PM  Show Profile
I was in Dallas Texas to meet my step sister and Step Mother for the first time. I hated to fly and alwasys needed to be sedated to get on a flight. But after seeing the Twin Towers come down I knew that GOD would give me strength not to have to be sedated...and I have never had to be sedated again to fly...
Deborah

we have moved to our farm...and love it
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2011 :  9:36:42 PM  Show Profile
I was in Canada operating heavy equipment in the oilfield. I remember getting the news and crying and praying the rest of the day. Once I got home from work I went to a neighbors to watch the news (we didn't have tv channels) and I remember weeping at the sight and watching transfixed thinking there was no way it could be true. I also remember some of the Canadian politicians saying some stupid things and being furious at them. WE the Canadian PEOPLE were loving and praying for you all and a lot of those that were firemen and paramedics etc went down to help. So ignore our moronic politicians and remember that your sister country was mourning with you. I may not be American but I'm married to one, gave birth to two and live in America and my heart breaks for all those who lost their loved ones that day. God Bless America!

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories
Go to Top of Page

njaw09
True Blue Farmgirl

397 Posts

Annie
NJ
USA
397 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2011 :  9:41:11 PM  Show Profile
I was sleeping and my mom call & woke me up. My brother works at WTC but some miracle had save his life because his time schedule was change on that day. This event triggers lots of memories for me.

Edited by - njaw09 on Sep 10 2011 9:41:48 PM
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2011 :  11:48:00 PM  Show Profile
I was atr work. It was in the afternoon for us (we are some 6 hours ahead of NY) and my mother called me to tell a plane had flown into the first tower. At that moment everybody still thought it was an accident. She was crying as she told me what she saw on tv. I tried to find something on the internet but ofcourse couldn't get through to the CNN site. I told my co-workers but nobody paid real attention at that time. We were busy and accidents happen. And since we didn't know what had really happened......

Later I went home, called a girlfriend in the USA, she told me the second plane had hit and then I got real scared. In the train nobody knew what had happened as everybody came from work and were on their way home. When I got home mother sat watching to the tv, crying her eyes out. At that moment I saw the impact of what had happened and we both sat glued to the tv the rest of the evening and into the night. Both cried so hard and were very upset. The next day in the train everybody was talking about it, people were scared, upset etc. Some things happened here as well, the murder of Theo Van Gogh being one of them and most people thought it had something to do with the attack in the USA and in a way it was. There were policemen everywhere, road blocks, snipers near tunnels etc.... a very scary time here as well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

http://pinkprincessdecorating.blogspot.com/
Almost daily updates on me, my home and my crafts

Farmgirl sister # 2410
Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2011 :  03:22:51 AM  Show Profile
I was at my job, in an elementary school in NJ. You could see the WTC from our beach.(Sandy Hook) I was Vice Principal of the school at the time. Many of our parents worked in the WTC, My mom called the school at 8:50 and said a plane had hit the WTC. I went into my Principal's office and she had just received a phone call from her daughter, whose husband had just called from Tower 1. We had no idea what happened. Then my mom called again and said another plane had hit the other tower. We slowly began to call teachers down to let them know what was happening. many had husbands, sons, daughters , relatives and friends working in NYC.

We kept any information secret from the children - may had parents working there. Slowly parents began to come in and sign out their children. My principal left to go be with her daughter who had not heard from her husband again.

We were numb. The police departments in Middletown and Holmdel asked me if I would stay ay the school in case no one was at the bust stop to pick up their children. I agreed. It was a painful wait. I looked at the sweet faces of ll of our 642 children and thought "Your lives will never be the same."

I went home that afternoon and my daughter and I went to the beach and stared across the water at the big cloud of black smoke. Many other people were there also. You could hear a pin drop. I went home and watched it on tv, watched President Bush explain what had happened. I prepared myself to go into school the next day and hold a prayer service and try to make sense of what had happened to all the children. It was the hardest thing I had ever done.

We lost many that day. Our Principal's daughter never heard from her husband again. One of our teachers lost her 22 year old daughter. We lost fathers, mothers, aunts, uncles, grandparents and countless friends. One young mother lost her husband and her mother. I went to memorial Services every weekend for a long time. I would wrap my arms around crying kindrgarteners because their dad wasn't coming home. We were the hardest hit town in NJ. Middletown.

Not a year has gone by since then that September 11th is not in my thoughts. It was a life changing day. I lost friends.

There is a memorial site in the woods right next to the train station that would take these people into NYC. It has a meandering path and a headstone with the name, picture and a quote from the families of the victims. For some time I use to go and lay flowers. Some years I would be glued to the tv watching some of my students get up and read the names of the dead, including their parent. I usually ride my bike down to the beach and look across the water to that empty spot on the skyline.

~ Elaine
Farmgirl sister #2822

"Find yourself a cup of tea; the teapot is behind you. Now tell me about hundreds of things." ~Saki

http://embchicken.blogspot.com
http://gusandtrudy.blogspot.com
http://embchicken-thechubbychicken.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

peafarm
True Blue Farmgirl

182 Posts

Penny
South Dakota
182 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2011 :  06:28:30 AM  Show Profile
I was sitting in the orthodontist office with my son.

It made a big impact on the kids too (my son was 9 at the time). My son's friends all remember where they were on that day too.

Years later, I was in St. Louis at a conference where they were having a naturalization ceremony at a nearby historic courthouse. Before the conference we had visited the courthouse and staff encouraged us to come back for the naturalization ceremony. We did and I ended up staying to the end and missing the first part of the conference. The judge had each one individually talk about why they wanted to become a citizen. Incredibly moving. These were people who didn't take their US citizenship for granted and appreciated the freedoms and benefits. Including for many foreigners who lived/worked in the US for many many years who after 911 felt that they had to become citizens and support their "fellow countrymen".

I don't know if every naturalization ceremony is as moving as this one was, but do encourage all to attend one. I would put it as a highlight of my life.

Penny
www.444Farm.com
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2011 :  07:06:18 AM  Show Profile
I remember just like it was today. Every little detail. I was at the car place getting my car serviced and ready for a long trip to Col. Springs to visit my brother with my mom and step dad. We were going to leave the 15th. My brother had retired from the Army Special Forces a few years back but he was still doing work for them. He was in Penn. when it happened. We called him to see what he thought, if we should still go. He said not to worry, they had it all under control. To come on out. So we did. It was horrible that day at the car service place. It felt like a dream. They had a little waiting room with a tv and there were so many people in there watching. I really couldn't understand what was going on. They were all talking and some were laughing. I could not believe some of them. I had to get out of there. I remember standing against the wall outside crying uncontrollably. It was so awful seeing that building. And they kept showing people jumping. 10 years ago and so much has changed here. So much.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

StrawHouseRanch
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Paula
Holt Missouri
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2011 :  07:38:09 AM  Show Profile
I was at work watching it all on the internet. We couldn't believe what we were seeing in the newsfeeds.

Paula

Farmgirl Sister #3090
A Beehive is the ultimate Home Sweet Home
Go to Top of Page

Melina
True Blue Farmgirl

435 Posts

Melina

USA
435 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2011 :  08:51:03 AM  Show Profile
I was on my way to work, listening to the radio. At that point, only one plane had hit. By the time I got to work, the second had hit. I was alone in the shop, without a tv or radio. The man in the shop next door came over and gave updates throughout the day. When the towers went down, I couldn't imagine it and kept saying "What do you mean, the towers are down?" That afternoon my husband and I went to the local county fair, so we didn't get to see any footage until late that night. I remember watching the towers collapse over and over again, stunned that it could actually happen. I remember thinking "This is our Pearl Harbor". The next couple of days were surreal and the silence in the countryside with no planes or 18-wheelers on the move was eerie.

The morning breeze has secrets to tell you. Do not go back to sleep.
Rumi
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2011 :  10:24:30 AM  Show Profile
I had just arrived at work, housekeeping for a state park hotel. I had children in school that my mind jumped to, then all the other children who had mommies and daddies in those buildings. I cried and worked for hours. Then I met an older couple who were checking out. They had a son in the first building. They had just got a call that he was in the hospital, but safe. They were rushing home to be with him. I left work and went to get my children. We went to my Husbands work and sat with him all day. He was working at the sherriffs dept as a dispatcher. We spent the whole evening watching disney movies and eating popcorn and pizza to calm the children. My Hubby is a volunteer firefighter and an emt. He was devastated by the whole thing. Our whole family felt it in a hard way for people who didn't have a true connection to it. We all knew that the only reason it wasn't us going through it was location.

I still hurt every time I see anything about it on tv.

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

oldbittyhen
True Blue Farmgirl

1511 Posts

tina
quartz hill ca
USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2011 :  1:28:02 PM  Show Profile
I had a neighbor running down my driveway which is 3/4 of a mile long, from the street to my house. I heard him screaming that we were under attack...when I got him to calm down enough to tell me what he was talking about, we went in and turned the TV on, New York is 3 hours ahead of my time zone, so we were watching the repeats of what was going on...I got sick to my stomach, and then started calling my family, which are liveing in alot of differant states...I continued to watch for most of the rest of the day, till I just could not anymore...then I cried for what seemed like forever...I hear a song dedicated/written regarding this tragedy, and I still cry, even 10 yrs later...I can not watch the memorials on TV, and I don't know if I will ever be able to, it makes my heart ache so badly, I just can't take it...No, I will never forget, and I don't think anyone who saw the TV that day ever will...God Bless all those who lost their innocent lives in those planes, and all that died on the ground, and those who rushed in without any regard to themselves to try and save as many as possible, and my deepest heartfelt condolences to the families who lost their own...

"Knowlege is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2011 :  3:35:38 PM  Show Profile
I was walking from the kitchen into the living room and passed the TV. At first I thought something had happened and that a plane had crashed into the tower. Then I stood and watched the second plane hit. Dishtowel clutched in my hands. i just limpy sat on the arm of the couch and watched for hours. As soon as that second plane hit I knew in my heart we were being attacked and that nothing would ever be the same. Then the pentagon. Those people who saved the white house from being hit were the bravest most sacrificing people, it just brought me to my knees. I had just renewed my permenant resident card 2 months before. But, in my heart I knew that I was an American through and through. I knew that I would become a citizen. October 6th I go to take my test and have my interview . I should be a citizen before the end of the year. I was born in Canada and have fond memories of the beautiful log cabin on White Lake where I was born. But, I have been here since I was 5 in October 1954.This is my country and where my heart is. Even though I feel American already, went to school here,have been married to one for 45 years and both my children are Americans. I will still be so proud and so happy to be truly an American citizen. I love this country with all my heart and soul.

MJ

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

LynnDinKY
Farmgirl in Training

46 Posts

Kentucky
USA
46 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2011 :  4:19:30 PM  Show Profile
I know I don't post often, but I had to reply to this one.

I'll never forget. I had a 3 yr old son and a newborn daughter. She was just two weeks old. Everything was going normal that morning at home. My bf called after the first tower was hit. I turned on the news and stayed glued to the tv for the rest of the day. Yes, the children did eat, but I couldn't tell you what I fed them.
I remember thinking "oh no! what have I brought my children into?!" I was totally torn up about my precious children having to live through a war and was wondering what was going to happen next.
My heart still plummets when I think about that day. We've had one more child since then and I've learned that My Father in Heaven cares more about my precious babies then I could ever imagine and he'll take care of them better then I ever could.

And explaining this to my children is difficult. My youngest son...hasn't really seen any footage of it. My eldest has seen more than enough and the newborn daughter....she's 10 now, she know it happened right after she was born but I'm not ready to show her the footage of it yet. Rachel and Joshua would both have nightmares and be terrified.

My heart still aches for those that have lost loved ones. And our prayers go out for them.

Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised. Proverbs 31:30
Go to Top of Page

Tea Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

645 Posts

Lorraine
Morris IL
USA
645 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2011 :  4:47:38 PM  Show Profile
I was at work - and at that time, I was working at a R&D Laboratory (a federal facility) - security was heightened and it got very scary. Most of us left early. Also, my oldest brother worked at the Pentagon. He had just semi-retired the year before and only worked part-time. Thankfully, he was not at work that day - and when I finally got through to him (two days later) - he told me his office was on the other side of the building from where they crashed.

Lorraine
(aka Tea Lady)
Farmgirl #1819
www.birdsandteas.com
Go to Top of Page

nabrown42
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Nancy
Caneyville KY
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2011 :  6:18:30 PM  Show Profile
I was watching Good Morning, America at our home in Westminster, MD. Hubby was upstairs in his office on the computer. When the first plane hit I just kept saying, "Oh my God, oh my God!". When the second one hit I started to scream. Keith came running and he calmed me down but I think I cried all day. We lived in the flight path between Washington and Camp David and helicopters kept flying back and forth for several days. Then the anthrax showed up in the mail in Baltimore where all our local mail originated so the mail delivery was suspended for a couple of weeks. It was a strange time. I do remember that it was the only time I was relieved my grandson, 19 at the time, had asthma so he couldn't join the army or any services. I was worried they'd institute the draft again.

"I've wept in the night for the shortness of sight that to someone's needs I've been blind; but I've yet to feel a twinge of regret for being a little too kind."
Go to Top of Page

snowberryfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

132 Posts

Michelle
Central Wa WA
USA
132 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2011 :  6:26:13 PM  Show Profile
I JUST did a post on this on my blog! www.snowberryfarm.blogspot.com

I will NEVER forget either, and it is amazing to watch these stories of people who risked their lives to save a stranger, and also the stories of those that lost their lives.
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4743 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4743 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2011 :  6:44:04 PM  Show Profile
My husband and I were pulling in to work when we heard the news on the radio. We dashed in to our office and turned the TV on. We were stunned and very sad. We work at a national lab and some of the sectors didn't have a TV, so we had a lot of people crowd in watching silently with us. We were all very sad and worried about friends and loved ones.

My husband had family in NYC and we worried if any of them were hurt. Sadly, his cousin from Chicago was killed in the second tower. The family searched for days before they finally found out from her co-workers that she definitely stayed behind to help a very pregnant woman try to get to an elevator. Both her parents were devastated and have never recovered from losing their only child.

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

snowberryfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

132 Posts

Michelle
Central Wa WA
USA
132 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2011 :  6:54:27 PM  Show Profile
Dawn,
That is absolutely heartbreaking! So many people were affected, and it's hard to believe it's been 10 years already.

Michelle
www.snowberryfarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

rubyleesmom
Zapped Profile

190 Posts

190 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2011 :  7:14:16 PM  Show Profile
I was at work that day.. I worked at a nursing home here in town as a CNA. I was in a room with a patient and as I walked out, I saw a big crowd of coworkers huddled around the T.V. That was right after the first tower had been hit. Throughout the morning and the rest of that day we watched the rest of the events unfold. Today has been such an emotional day for me, as I'm sure it was for many of us. All I can say is that I love my country, salute the soldiers that give thier all to keep us free, and pray for peace in the hearts of the american people tonight. We will always proudly fly an American flag here at our farm!!! GOD BLESS THE USA!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Where Were You???? 9/11/2001 Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page